Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread

Go down 
+4
Mr Canai Spy
Angelus
Bluenose
Orion
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread   Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 12:23 pm

She's called THE WALL, for a fucking reason you retarded piece of shit yonny autistic kendo inbred.
Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 Tumblr_lhcmqvtSZI1qddp4io1_500Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 Amanda_Waller_004
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread   Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 12:49 pm

Why is Amanda's hand white in that panel? Did the artist dun goofed?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread   Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 1:01 pm

I don't want to spoil the issue
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread   Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 3:06 pm

@Mecha No, she just looks fat. That's like saying all fat people are intimidating due to their size.

@Orion I don't give on fuck if she's called the wall. Why don't you get over the fact that there WILL be changes to the source when it gets on-screen! You dumb-ass-stuck-in-your-close-minded-comic fanboy ways.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread   Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 3:10 pm

Being overweight is more intimidating than looking like some hot model from the CW. Even Lex Luthor liked her the way she was.

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread   Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 3:17 pm

@Mecha Size isn't the only thing that factors into intimidation. Voice, intellegence, etc. can all factor into intimidation. Luthor's fucking crazy!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread   Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 3:34 pm

That's not the point. Why do villains need to look like hot young models anyway? Like you said, all you need is the voice and intelligence to be intimidating. It would have been a great role for overweight actresses to play, since they have trouble getting certain roles due to the fact that a lot of roles require to look like a hot young model. Every time I see The New 52 Amanda Waller, I can't stop thinking about Halle Berry.

Also what's so crazy about Lex kissing Amanda?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread   Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 3:50 pm

@Mecha No that is the point you were trying to say. You were saying size this, size that, when intimidation can come from many other factors. Who cares!? Cynthia is a GREAT actress, that's all that really matters! I'm sure they had some big actresses audition, but they went with whoever was the better actress for THEIR vision of the show.

I didn't mean he was crazy for kissing Amdanda, I meant he was crazy because look at his face and his plan.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread   Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 4:08 pm

Yeah, because The CW is all about quality acting and not just hiring actors mostly because they look like hot young models. How silly of me.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread   Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 4:21 pm

Amanda Waller was better fat.

She was the big, powerful, intimidating, independent black woman who didn't need no man. Now she's just glorified eye candy.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread   Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 7:10 pm

Angelus the Revenant wrote:
She was the big, powerful, intimidating, independent black woman who didn't need no man.
She's still all that.

Mecha wrote:
Yeah, because The CW is all about quality acting and not just hiring actors mostly because they look like hot young models. How silly of me.
Well, John Barrowman is a fantastic actor, Manu Bennet is a fantastic actor, Colin Donnell is a great actor, David Ramsey is a good actor, Colton Haynes is a good actor, Stephen Amell may still be green (no pun intended), but his acting has been getting better as the series progresses. CW's pulled out all the stops for Arrow, on a CW tv show budget. Are they winning any emmy's? No. Yet the acting is still good. Well since Mecha cares more if they look the part, than if they can act the part they should have hired you, because as we all know pretty actors can't act. eye roll
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread   Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 11:06 pm

Arrow was awesome, so many references.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread   Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 12:01 pm

yonny616 wrote:
@Mecha No, she just looks fat. That's like saying all fat people are intimidating due to their size.

@Orion I don't give on fuck if she's called the wall. Why don't you get over the fact that there WILL be changes to the source when it gets on-screen! You dumb-ass-stuck-in-your-close-minded-comic fanboy ways.
Calm down u crybaby fagget. I'm all for change, if it's ACTUALLY GOOD change. e.g. introducing Bruce Wayne's brother, introducing the concept of the Red into Animal Man, bringing back Alec Holland into Swamp Thing, the new Aquaman and Orm relationship, Aquaman almost killing Batman etc...

Every single version of Skinny Amanda Waller has been UTTER DOGSHIT, honestly when the fucking writers of the comic say, hey lets not use this character because it's been turned to shit, then you know somethings wrong. Skinny Waller is so irrelevant she's been replaced by an actual fucking skeleton Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 2124979-screen_capture
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread   Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 2:37 pm

Arrow is going from strength to strength love this series
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread   Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 3:44 pm

@Orion Get out, seriously, get out. There's no such thing as bad character, or concept, the only thing bad is the writer. If the writer can't write, then it doesn't do the character any favors. Get a good writer to write for "skinny Amanda Waller" and I can gurantee she'll be a good character.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread   Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 3:06 pm

aside from the terrible shitty version of Waller aside, this episode was pretty good excluding the boring shit with Felicity and Summer Glau, boring ass love triangle bullshit poorly implemented that fucked up the tone pretty bad.

The stuff with Deadshot was great though, although i'm not too sure about introducing H.I.V.E, i don't really see them introducing Queen Bee and Bialya unless they completely butcher queen bee.

Also it was cool to see KGBeast in the present time, i hope we get to see him in action more and become more like KGBeast. Man that casting for Waller was absolute horse shit. Anyways Slade's had his face burnt off so it seems he's coming closer to becoming Deathstroke, and i love how much of Ivo's personality they amnaged to keep. TIt seems they are hinting towards Hourman as well with the Miraclo talk.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread   Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 3:43 pm

Show was great last night. Cynthia was awesome as Amanda, can't wait to see more of her in the series. HIVE reference was nice. Finally Diggle gets his own episode, and they acknowledged Felicity's "feellings" for Ollie, but she'll eventualy be Barry's girl.

@Orion Still hating on the casting? You have no clue what good casting is, so why are you hating on it? This ISN'T the comics, this will NEVER be the comics, get that through your head. A fat Amanda doesn't mean an intimidating Amanda.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread   Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 3:03 pm

Barry Allen!

Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 Bzyjdk10
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread   Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 3:06 pm

They decided to scrap the "episode 20 is a back door pilot" and are doing a full on pilot for his own series. Grant Gustin will do a good job, he's a fan of the character too.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=90211
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread   Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 3:38 pm

The dude looks better in that picture you posted Mecha, and sorry that I haven't watched so many shows with shitty acting that I've becomes accustomed of it like you Yonny. She wasn't fat, okay, this isn't the comics, does that make Smallville's Doomsday, Deathstroke, Darkseid or FF Movie's Galactus okay because it's not comics? And she sure as fuck wasn't intimidating.in the least, motherfucking Carlie is more intimidating than that nigga
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread   Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 3:53 pm

@Orion Sorry you don't see potential in people. Most of the cast in Arrow are decent-good actors, sure there's the few mediocre, but they're all at the very least decent. You wouldn't know good acting if it bit you in the ass. You want these roles to be casted (like Mecha) with people who LOOK like the character, even if that means sacrificing acting. Never said all interpetation/adaptations were good, but if the writer thinks that's what's best for the story THEY are trying to tell then they can try. She's been in one episode and had 5 minutes of screen time, we barely saw anything of her. Intimidation comes from more than just size!
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread   Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 4:19 pm

Arrow is the best thing on tv atm
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread   Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 1:49 pm

Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 Bzc74a10

Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 Domino10
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread   Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 3:07 pm

Roy Harper might get a costume soon too! He already wears a red hoody all the time.

Red Arrow is coming! Diggle better be Arsenal! Ollie sister's nickname is speedy, so who knows, maybe it's just a nod.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread   Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 8:20 pm

Oh shit!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=90270
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread   Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official 'ARROW' Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next