Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Nintendo Going Hardcore?

Go down 
+6
JazzMunky
The_Biotic_God
Chobo
Archduke
Mecha
RamboOnRedBull
10 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Nintendo Going Hardcore? Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Nintendo Going Hardcore? Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo Going Hardcore?   Nintendo Going Hardcore? I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 12:33 pm

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/why-the-return-of-hardcore-old-nintendo-is-looking-increasingly-likely/a-2011050511513846086
You got me excited Nintendo Going Hardcore? 4240191902
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Nintendo Going Hardcore? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Going Hardcore?   Nintendo Going Hardcore? I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 12:47 pm

Why not? They already got the casuals locked. Now it's time for Nintendo to go after the core gamers again, and get back to the top like once before.

Generation 7 R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Going Hardcore?   Nintendo Going Hardcore? I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 12:59 pm

Mecha wrote:
Why not? They already got the casuals locked. Now it's time for Nintendo to go after the core gamers again, and get back to the top like once before.

Generation 7 R.I.P.
Agreed after they used the casual audience for massive $$$ its time to redeem themself to the core nintendo fans. The guys at nintendo are strategic geniuses. 8)
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Going Hardcore?   Nintendo Going Hardcore? I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 1:02 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Generation 7 R.I.P.
Agreed after they used the casual audience for massive $$$ its time to redeem themself to the core nintendo fans. The guys at nintendo are strategic geniuses. 8)

I'll highly doubt they'll leave the casual gamers in the dust, not with the way the Wii was selling.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Going Hardcore?   Nintendo Going Hardcore? I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 1:07 pm

RamboOnRedbull wrote:
I'll highly doubt they'll leave the casual gamers in the dust, not with the way the Wii was selling.
They need to come up with something massive if they want to appeal both casual and core audience. People won't fall in the same motion control shit again and 3D is overused. Dammit now im more excited!!!!!
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Going Hardcore?   Nintendo Going Hardcore? I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 1:13 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
RamboOnRedbull wrote:
They need to come up with something massive if they want to appeal both casual and core audience. People won't fall in the same motion control shit again and 3D is overused. Dammit now im more excited!!!!!

You're welcome I love you
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Going Hardcore?   Nintendo Going Hardcore? I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 5:48 pm

Classic Core Nintendo FTW
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Nintendo Going Hardcore? 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Going Hardcore?   Nintendo Going Hardcore? I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 6:23 pm

Well with the specs rumored, Nintendo's going to have a difficult time bringing the hardcore back that aren't die hard Nintendo fan boys like me.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Going Hardcore?   Nintendo Going Hardcore? I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 6:43 pm

Lol look at this fools eating this bait. Why would next gen developers (that will be using cross platform engines that are only compatible with next gen hardware (PS4/Nextbox/ PC)) try to bring hardcore 3rd party games to the Wii 2 when the hardware limitations means that developers would have to either dumb down their game engines or develop a separate game engine specifially for the Wii 2?? Don't you guys get it.... Unless the rumored specs are not true, it's pretty much CONFIRMED that the Wii 2 WILL NOT have strong 3rd party support. And let's face it...90+% of all "hardcore" games are made by multiplatform 3rd party developers! Developers DON'T want to have to go through obstacles just to bring the same PS4/Xbox/PC game to the Wii 2 with it's dated hardware. It's the EXACT same reason why MANY games THIS generation aren't on the Wii.

Developers would love to bring their games to a console with a 70+ million userbase but they have already invested too much time and money on their game engines to dumb it down for the Wii. It's sad that Unreal Engine, Frostbite engine, and many inhouse engines can't even work with the Wii because this means that the Wii basically misses out on the majority of AAA 3rd party budget games. I fear the same thing might happen next gen with the Wii 2.

Back to top Go down
JazzMunky
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
JazzMunky

Stature : 0
America
Playing : Inside jokes; others misfortune.

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Going Hardcore?   Nintendo Going Hardcore? I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:00 pm

Nintendo + Hardcore = Oxymoron
Nintendo Going Hardcore? 1443829230
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Going Hardcore?   Nintendo Going Hardcore? I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:28 pm

JazzMunky wrote:

This.
Back to top Go down
someoneimportant
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
someoneimportant

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Going Hardcore?   Nintendo Going Hardcore? I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 4:53 am

JazzMunky wrote:

I beg to differ. Granted, the wii is rather casual but nintendo aren't new to hardcore gaming. Look at the back catalogue of games they had from previous generations (ignore most first party ones though).
Back to top Go down
Skyshadow382
Villager
Villager
Skyshadow382

in your back yard
Playing : EVERYTHING

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Going Hardcore?   Nintendo Going Hardcore? I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:26 am

O god... You know I just want Nintendo to shoot a good game out of there ass hear and there... one that is good graphics and everything! But they will not... They will never reach the potential that xbox and ps3 has reached. :drunk:
Back to top Go down
JazzMunky
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
JazzMunky

America
Playing : Inside jokes; others misfortune.

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Going Hardcore?   Nintendo Going Hardcore? I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 3:27 pm

Reaper wrote:
JazzMunky wrote:

This.
This what?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Going Hardcore?   Nintendo Going Hardcore? I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 4:54 pm

JazzMunky wrote:
Reaper wrote:
JazzMunky wrote:

This.
This what?

Nintendo Going Hardcore? 725796345 Is this your first forum? Lawl you're a forum virgin!

When someone quotes you and says "this" or even just does nothing else but quote your statement that means that they agree with your comment.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Going Hardcore?   Nintendo Going Hardcore? I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 5:15 pm

^^ forum virgin! Nintendo Going Hardcore? 457301478
I remember my first time. Good thing Google was around because I had no idea what most of the memes and stuff meant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Going Hardcore?   Nintendo Going Hardcore? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Going Hardcore?
Page 1 of 1