Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK

Go down 
+6
Orc
Orion
Angelus
Bluenose
Mr Canai Spy
Mecha
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK   Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:56 pm

Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK 20120610

Quote :
Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked in UK supermarket chain ASDA’s 555 stores, according to the retailer. It will, however, continue to stock games online via a title-by-title basis.

CVG reports that the Wal-Mart owned chain will cease the sale of all Wii U console models, games and accessories in-store, and that only a few related products remain on the ASDA Direct website, including basic white Wii U consoles. This could just be a sell-through of remaining units however.

An ASDA rep confirmed the dropping of Wii U to the site in a statement that read, “ASDA continues to offer customers a selection of Wii U games and accessories through Asda Direct, but these ranges are currently not on offer in Asda shops.”

They added that new games would only appear on ASDA Direct on a title-by-title basis, presumably for ones they know will sell well, “Asda will stock [Wii U] games on a title by title merit basis as they come along through Asda Direct. We will continue to support Nintendo as a format holder partner.”

Pikmin 3 was not stocked by ASDA according to CVG’s sources, and it’s unclear if the chain will re-consider its stance down the line.

Nintendo added in its own statement, “Nintendo UK does not comment on specific business practices with individual retailers. However, as we have seen with Nintendo 3DS, software sells hardware, and with titles such as Wonderful 101, Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD and Super Mario 3D World already announced for this year as well as the recently released Pikmin 3 and New Super Luigi U having reached number 2 and number 6 in this week’s chart respectively, we are looking forward to the year ahead on Wii U.”

What do you make of the above? Does it bode badly for Nintendo? Could you see ASDA picking up the format again if sales improve? Let us know below.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK   Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 4:00 pm

Wow asda is probably the second best retail place to get games other than Game, shocking
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK   Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 4:56 pm

poor wiiU
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK   Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 5:00 pm

Nintendo gotta admit and say "Wii lost".
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK   Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 5:02 pm

Lol. Po' old Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK   Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 5:13 pm

I don't know anyone that buys consoles from Asda, but I've bought plenty of great priced games from there before.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK   Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 6:21 pm

Mr Canai Spy wrote:
Wow asda is probably the second best retail place to get games other than Game, shocking

No way. They are horribly overpriced and most branches have very little variation of stock.
Back to top Go down
thebigmike1983
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt
thebigmike1983

Stature : 20
Chicago, I

PostSubject: Re: Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK   Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 7:36 pm

Nintendo needs to drop the Wii U console price by $50-100 if they want to stay in the game at this point. The new Mario Kart, Smash Bros, etc games are too far out to warrant paying that much for it.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK   Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:15 am

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Mr Canai Spy wrote:

No way. They are horribly overpriced and most branches have very little variation of stock.

what Asda is the cheapest place for games
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK   Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 9:22 am

Hmmmm, is the youtuber Nintondo still around?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK   Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 9:40 am

Teckno wrote:
Hmmmm, is the youtuber Nintondo still around?
Unfortunatelly, yes...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAwD7c6EvNSrIsi4wntjL9A/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK   Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:07 am

The Wii-U will sell a lot, once it gets big game franchises coming to it. 

Simple as that.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK   Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:54 pm

^^^

nah, it'll end up like the gamecube. which isn'ta bad thing. great games for the fans, but not money printers like the wii and 3DS
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK   Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:15 pm

^^ 

It probably won't reach Wii-Status, but I'm quite confident it will still sell really well, once it gets some big game franchises to it. Not only that, but once Nintendo introduces a price-cut - Along with some SSB/Mario Kart - it will burn wallets. I'll bet you on that much. Razz
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK   Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:18 pm

Title is a bit misleading. It's not all stores in the UK, just one. And they're still selling games in store, just not consoles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK   Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wii U consoles and games will no longer be stocked at in-stores in the UK
Page 1 of 1