Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DC vs. Marvel

Go down 
+3
Orion
yonny616
Mecha
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

DC vs. Marvel R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

DC vs. Marvel Empty
PostSubject: DC vs. Marvel   DC vs. Marvel I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 2:49 am

Choose which comic book company is best for each forms of entertainment.

Animated Movies: DC
Comic Books: DC
Live-Action Films: Marvel (for now anyway)
Television Shows: DC
Video Games: DC
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

DC vs. Marvel PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

DC vs. Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel   DC vs. Marvel I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 3:15 am

We already have this thread Mecha.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

DC vs. Marvel R5MQPRE

DC vs. Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel   DC vs. Marvel I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 3:27 am

Read carefully at the post. DC vs. Marvel 1443829230
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

DC vs. Marvel TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

DC vs. Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel   DC vs. Marvel I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 8:11 am

Animated - DC(CURBSTOMP)
TV - DC
Games- DC(CURBSTOMP)
Comics - MARVEL(CURBSTOMP)
Live Action Movies - MARVEL(CURBSTOMP)
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

DC vs. Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel   DC vs. Marvel I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 11:13 am

Live-Action Films: DC
Television Shows: MARVEL
Video Games: MARVEL
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

DC vs. Marvel XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

DC vs. Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel   DC vs. Marvel I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 11:53 am

Live-Action Movies: Marvel
Television Shows: DC
Video Games: DC

I've read some really old-school DC comics so DC wins that category by default since I don't recall ever reading Marvel.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

DC vs. Marvel TM4C7lj
UK

DC vs. Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel   DC vs. Marvel I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 12:26 pm

Daredevil has the best comics out of DC or MARVEL, but the other publishers like Dark Horse, Image, IDW and Vertigo are much better than DC & MARVEL
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

DC vs. Marvel 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

DC vs. Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel   DC vs. Marvel I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 1:26 pm

Animation: DC
Live-Action: Marvel
TV Shows: DC
Comics: Neither
Video-Games: DC
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

DC vs. Marvel PaKTSrO
Earth

DC vs. Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel   DC vs. Marvel I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 2:40 pm

@Mecha It's a DC vs Marvel thread. You could have used that other thread for the same purpose as this thread.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

DC vs. Marvel R5MQPRE

DC vs. Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel   DC vs. Marvel I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 10:17 am

Shut it, Yonny.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

DC vs. Marvel TM4C7lj
UK

DC vs. Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel   DC vs. Marvel I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 11:44 am

Live Action TV: MARVEL(Arrow is mostly mediocre dog shit and Agents of SHIELD was just "Okay", but that beats dog shit)

Animated TV: DC(I like Spectacular Spider-Man more than Batman TAS, but DC has more good animated shows e.g. Green Lantern TAS, Justice League, Superman)
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

DC vs. Marvel PaKTSrO
Earth

DC vs. Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel   DC vs. Marvel I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 12:23 pm

@Orion You don't hate Arrow, you don't even think it's shit. The only reason people hate on it is because it's on CW and I'm sure that's the reason you're bashing it.
"WHAAAA It has drama" - Like every comic book or CBM.
"WHAAAA It has good looking actors" - Again like every CBM.
"WHAAAA It has teen drama" - I guess everyone hates Spider-Man... oh wait.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

DC vs. Marvel TM4C7lj
UK

DC vs. Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel   DC vs. Marvel I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 12:54 pm

I don't hate it, i just don't think it's a very good show. IMajority of the episodes of terrible awful acting and the dialogue is just so poor and CRINGEY. Only 2 or 3 episodes were truly great, the rest ranged from mediocre to good. The acting and dialogue is just so shit a lot though. So no, the main reason i'm bashing it isn't because of the retarded shit you posted, it's a poorly written and poorly acted show, get over it.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

DC vs. Marvel PaKTSrO
Earth

DC vs. Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel   DC vs. Marvel I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 2:52 pm

Bad writing and bad acting? No. Sure some of the episodes aren't anything special, and some of the actors are wooden, but show IS good. Even has better jokes than AoS had (Really Whedon? A poop joke?).
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

DC vs. Marvel TM4C7lj
UK

DC vs. Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel   DC vs. Marvel I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 7:11 pm

You're insane, im honestly fucking scared if that's your honest opinion.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

DC vs. Marvel PaKTSrO
Earth

DC vs. Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel   DC vs. Marvel I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 10:11 pm

Yeah that's MY opinion. I'm not saying its' writing is any where near as good as Breaking Bad, but it's WAY better than AoS so far.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

DC vs. Marvel TM4C7lj
UK

DC vs. Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel   DC vs. Marvel I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 7:35 am

LOL NO
The only episodes with great writing was the episode that was mainly flashbacks, the episode by Geoff Johns and the season finale, the rest ranges from shit tier to good level writing. Stephen Amell is a terrible actor though, and I've never cringed at anything more than those Huntress episodes, Jesus fuck mother bitch those were bad.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

DC vs. Marvel PaKTSrO
Earth

DC vs. Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel   DC vs. Marvel I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 10:03 am

Lol Yes.

The flashbacks are the best part of each episode, I won't deny that, yet even the bad episodes were better than AoS pilot. There are many great episodes in the series, and just like ANY series it has its' bad episodes. Stephen Amell is wooden, but his surrounding cast is really great. Yeah, those were bad.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

DC vs. Marvel TM4C7lj
UK

DC vs. Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel   DC vs. Marvel I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 12:01 pm

Only actors that are truy great are John Barrowman and the nigguh that plays Tom MERLYN

Majority of the episodes are shit and AoS was "okay" and better than about 70% of the episode of Arrow. I think ur love for DC cock is blinding u.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

DC vs. Marvel PaKTSrO
Earth

DC vs. Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel   DC vs. Marvel I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 12:41 pm

Yeah John Barrowman is fantastic. So is Manu Bennet, David Ramsey, Susanna Thompson, Colton Haynes, Paul Blackthrone and others.

Majority of the episodes are great. I think you're hate for Man of Steel has you on a hating frenzy when it comes to DC.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

DC vs. Marvel TM4C7lj
UK

DC vs. Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel   DC vs. Marvel I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 12:55 pm

Yeah i hate DC so much, which is why i've probably spent over £1500 on their comics, LOOK AT MUH HATEDREDD.

Also your standards for what qualifies for good acting is pretty low, Manu Bennet is the only one on ur list who hasn't been utter dog shit on ARROW.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

DC vs. Marvel PaKTSrO
Earth

DC vs. Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel   DC vs. Marvel I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 2:02 pm

You seem to not know what good acting is even if it hit you in the face. I'm not saying any of these people will win Oscars or Emmy's for their performances, but their acting abilities top most of Shields acting.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

DC vs. Marvel R5MQPRE

DC vs. Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel   DC vs. Marvel I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 11:37 pm

Yep, DC still kicks Marvel's ass in every category except for live-action films. Hopefully that all changes with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

DC vs. Marvel Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

DC vs. Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel   DC vs. Marvel I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 4:02 pm

Hmm. 

If I had to be honest, then I'd have to admit DC could beat Marvel in quality if they just got their writing together. The only thing Marvel does is cheesy humor and ridiculous set-piece moments. It wouldn't take much for DC to kick their ass in the film department. 

Whether they would be able to outsell Marvel, though, I do not know.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

DC vs. Marvel R5MQPRE

DC vs. Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel   DC vs. Marvel I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 10:36 pm

Why would Warner Bros. want to turn their DC superheroes into jokes like The Avengers?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DC vs. Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel   DC vs. Marvel I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DC vs. Marvel
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next