Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Muramasa Rebirth review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Muramasa Rebirth review StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

Muramasa Rebirth review Empty
PostSubject: Muramasa Rebirth review   Muramasa Rebirth review I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 10:46 am

Muramasa Rebirth review Muramasa_rebirth.0_cinema_640.0
Muramasa Rebirth
Release: Wii (2009), Vita (2013)

Mauramasa is a side scrolling hack and slash title by Vanillaware and was originally released on the Nintendo Wii in 2009 and now released this year on Playstation Vita. What is the difference between the two versions? Well there is nothing new content wise, however there will be downloadable characters for the Vita. The Vita version of Muramasa is given a better and more accurate translation compared to poor translation by Ignition and Entalize on the Wii version. Here is a link showing the translation differences. Also the Vita version also slightly controls a bit better as well.

Pros+
Two playable characters with their own stories and multiple endings
Over 100 swords with special abilities to forge and unlock
A decent amount of postgame stuff
Controls are well responsive
Able to remap controls
Awesome boss battles
Great music (Same person who did the Final Fantasy Tactics soundtrack) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlehgUOFSME
Fantastic art style by George Kamitani
Not on 3DS

Meh
Story delivery
Only two sword types (Light and heavy) but the swords special abilities do make it for it
A bit of backtracking
Legend mode (Normal I assume) is a bit too easy so I recommend playing on Chaos mode (Hard) if you played similar titles before

Cons-
Normal enemy variety is lacking
Enemy encounters can be to far in between

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Muramasa Rebirth review Muramasa_new_DLC_characters
Genroku Legends

Muramasa Rebirth review Okoi
Fishy Tales of the Nekomata
Release: 22 Jan 2014 (Playstation Vita DLC)

Fishy Tales of the Nekomata is the first of four new playable characters in Muramasa Rebirth. Fishy Tales of the Nekomata features it's own story and a new playable character that plays differently compared to the two main characters in the main game. In this tale, you play as Okoi. A Nekomata that is seeking vengeance for the death of her owners that were killed while on a important task to meet with the shogun.

Changes
Weapon equipment is replace with tialsmens that gives Okoi's attacks an additional affect
Weapon forging is replaced with training that increases Okoi's attacks and forge tialmens
Changing Okoi's weapons mid battle changes her form (Okoi, Miike & Avatar)

Pros+
Okoi offers her own different play style
New Story
New bosses to fight
Postgame allows you freely explore and take on main story bosses and challenges

Meh
The new character's special abilities are lacking compared to the two main story characters but this is because Okoi doesn't have the same weapon equipment features
Story can be beaten in 3 hours top on first playthrough

In terms of new content. It really doesn't add all that much to the game but it does tie into the main story. Since the DLC is only under $6, I think it is definitely worth checking out.

Last edited by Padders on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:31 am; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Muramasa Rebirth review R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Muramasa Rebirth review   Muramasa Rebirth review I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 10:48 am

Wasn't aware of this game.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Muramasa Rebirth review   Muramasa Rebirth review I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 11:01 am

Yeah it pretty much went under the radar. Heard stores either had low stock or only got what was preordered.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Muramasa Rebirth review   Muramasa Rebirth review I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:13 am

Just added a short review of the first DLC. Check the original post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Muramasa Rebirth review   Muramasa Rebirth review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Muramasa Rebirth review
Page 1 of 1