Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend

Go down 
+6
Based Sonji
Bluenose
Mecha
Mr Canai Spy
Gutzahn
Orion
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 9:39 am

Bullshit! Citizen Kane has a 100% rating, yet it has way less reviews. Same goes for Taxi Driver, not too many reviews, yet has a 98% rating. The Evil Dead, again, very few reviews and it still has a 98% rating.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:16 am

Mecha wrote:
Yeah, you're right Rambo. I've should have used Rotten Tomatoes instead. At least they rated The Avengers higher than The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Once Upon a Time in America, and The Shawshank Redemption. Gee, how silly of me.

BTW, I don't hate The Dark Knight Rises. It's just that the film wasn't a good representation of Batman as you comic book noobs seem to think. And Rambo finally understood what I've been saying after he seen The Dark Knight Returns, which is far more faithful than The Dark Knight Rises.

Oh and tahm, Gundam > Transformers. Nuff said.

You just failed so massively. 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 725796345 

I NEVER said reviews matter MORE, I'm merely pointing out the flaws in YOUR logic.
Just because a certain amount of regular people rate something high, that doesn't mean that certain thing deserves the score it was given. To which, I proved that with my comparison to IMDb's top 250. But, yet again, you're too blind to admit your logic is flawed.  Like always, you have to be right, if you aren't, you'll do anything to have a stance.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 R5MQPRE

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:25 am

I never said IMDb was perfect, nor did I say that Man of Steel was a better movie than the other according to IMDb. All I was trying to prove is that fans really liked Man of Steel. Learn to read.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 Z4pMElY

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:32 am

No, you weren't. 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 725796345

You were trying to prove that Man of Steel is a good superman film because some other people liked it just like you. Don't try to spin it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:34 am

Mecha wrote:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770828/?mode=desktop

REAL fans > Critics
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:39 am

You just proved my fucking point 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 725796345

You used "Real fans" over Critics to prove that the critics are wrong, and that it's a good superman film.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:42 am

Sorry but who the fuck are these real fans? Im pretty sure im a WAY bigger fan of Superman than Mecha and have read more Superman comics than him, does that mean my opinion on Man of Steel overrides his and is more valid?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:44 am

It's just Mecha trying to defend Man of Steel, Orion, since we all know there aren't that many positive things about it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:55 am

@Rambo

Stop trying to twist my words. What I meant was I trust the actual fans more than I do with critics.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 TM4C7lj
UK

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:00 am

So who are these actual fans? The schmucks who've never read a superman comic.before and rate it 10/10 on IMDB?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:03 am

Kinda like you with Iron Man 3.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:09 am

Mecha wrote:
@Rambo

Stop trying to twist my words. What I meant was I trust the actual fans more than I do with critics.

Well, then you sure ass hell don't have any idea how to get that message across... eye roll

Also, Orion has a point: Who are these "real" fans you're speaking of? The people who gave it a positive response? Or the people who gave their opinion on the film? 

Again anyone could just rate it whatever they want, and that wouldn't mean that they're a "Real fan". Even I rated the film on there, and I'm not the biggest superman fan, am I now?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:18 am

Mecha wrote:
Kinda like you with Iron Man 3.
What? your response makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:40 am

@Rambo 

What the hell are you talking about? Besides, Orion, most comic book fans I know liked Man of Steel. Also if you didn't understood what I said before, then that's your fault.

@Orion

You're such a hypocrite. You keep criticizing people for likeing Man of Steel by saying they aren't true fans. Yet, you like Iron Man 3.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:50 am

What? I've never said if u like Man of Steel ur not a true fan, stop spewing bullshit. You still haven't asnwered my question
Orion wrote:
So who are these actual fans? The schmucks who've never read a superman comic.before and rate it 10/10 on IMDB?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:56 am

So anyone who gives Superman a good score isn't a true fan of the comics? See, you're just proving my point.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 12:02 pm

What the actual fuck are you talking about? I'm asking you what the fuck is a "actual/true fan" that you keep going on about.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 12:05 pm

Mecha just went full Kendo. 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 725796345

@Mecha, I was asking you how you define "Real" fans from IMDb? You're essentially saying they're "Real" fans 'cause they gave it a score on IMDb. It might not be what you mean, but that's what you're saying.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 12:22 pm

lol, saying I went full Kendo when you're making something as complicated about me saying I trust the fans more than I do with critics. Obvious troll is obvious. eye roll

As for how I define "Real" fans from IMDb, aren't the ones who give Man of Steel a good score are fans? Even if that's not the case, I go to the IMDb message boards all the time, and most of the people there are Superman fans.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 12:26 pm

What....
I don't even....
So what you are saying that the only opinions and reiews that matter are people who are fans of the movie? Jesus fucking christ....
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 12:29 pm

Mecha wrote:
lol, saying I went full Kendo when you're making something as complicated about me saying I trust the fans more than I do with critics. Obvious troll is obvious. eye roll

As for how I define "Real" fans from IMDb, aren't the ones who give Man of Steel a good score are fans? Even if that's not the case, I go to the IMDb message boards all the time, and most of the people there are Superman fans.

What about the ones who like the film but aren't superman fans? Or the people who liked it but doesn't read the comci books? Or liked it but doesn't follow the franchise to its full? They're "REAL" fans just 'cause they liked the film? Lawl, nice Kendo moment there. 

Also, I go to IMDb every day and even talk and communicate with people on there as well, but I can't tell you that "Most are 'real' superman fans", but whatever wets you at night.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:04 pm

Superman isn't Iron Man. Superman is an American icon that's been reintroduced for many decades now. So we all of a sense of what Superman should be. One of the reasons why critics dislike Man of Steel is because isn't anything like the Richard Donner films. But Superman has been through some changes since then. Most Superman fans I know like Man of Steel, while fans like Orion don't.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:06 pm

I give up
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:42 pm

I'll just leave this here.

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:55 pm

Grace is a retarded cunt with shit taste, didn't we establish that in another thread?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next