Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend

Go down 
+6
Based Sonji
Bluenose
Mecha
Mr Canai Spy
Gutzahn
Orion
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 5:29 pm

And great movies that everyone loves, something Superman didn't need.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 5:33 pm

@Orion You're right, Superman didn't need a movie everyone loved, he deserved it, and now he has it with the best Superman movie ever: Man of Steel!
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 TM4C7lj
UK

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 5:40 pm

Lol dream on, it was mediocre, just look at the reviews. Iron Giant is still the best Superman film until Superior releases
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 5:45 pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770828/?mode=desktop

REAL fans > Critics
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 5:48 pm

Man of Steel sucks, anyway.

The Last of Us looks amazing. I still need to pick it up!!!!!!!!!'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 409191096
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 5:53 pm

Me and a couple of other REAL fans think Superman 64 is the greatest game ever, but the critics are wrong because they aren't REAL FANS
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Earth

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 5:57 pm

@Orion
80,000+ RT Audience ratings: 82% (4.2/5)
800 + Metacritic Audience ratings: 8.4/10
CinemaScore: A-
80,000+ IMDb Audience rating: 8.1/10

Word of mouth > Critic reviews.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 R5MQPRE

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 6:08 pm

Duke wrote:
Man of Steel sucks, anyway.

The Last of Us looks amazing. I still need to pick it up!!!!!!!!!'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 409191096

You seen the film yet?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Audience also loved Transformers by Michael Bay
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 7:21 pm

Your point? I personally liked Transformers (first one, not the whole series).
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 6:32 am

The first Transformers was good considering it's based on a bunch of toys. Except for Transformers 2 though. Everyone I know in person hated that movie. My friend fell asleep during the movie, and even my sister, who rarely goes to the theaters, hated it as well.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 7:22 am

What? All the cartoons ABSOLUTELY DESTROY the movies.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 7:30 am

The cartoons aren't THAT great either. People only like them because of the nostalgia, that's it.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 4:40 pm

Mecha wrote:
The first Transformers was good considering it's based on a bunch of toys. Except for Transformers 2 though. Everyone I know in person hated that movie. My friend fell asleep during the movie, and even my sister, who rarely goes to the theaters, hated it as well.

Transformers 2 is probably the worst action movie I've ever seen. It was just downright terrible. All action and almost no story, period. Michael Bay at his finest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 6:17 pm

As of now, Man of Steel basically made $400 million worldwide.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 4:25 am

Mecha wrote:
The cartoons aren't THAT great either. People only like them because of the nostalgia, that's it.

WHAT THE FUCK DID U SAY? Get the fuck out, go to valkyriegaming because you are just as bad as them.
G1 TRANSFORMERS BITCH
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 6:41 am

Don't worry, Orion. Mecha only said that 'cause he wasn't born yet when the cartoons were around. Give him a break. 

Also, taking Man of Steel's user rating to say how good it is, is like taking IMDB's top 250 to say the exact same films are exactly as great as the users rated them. 

Plus, if going by Man of Steel's rating on IMDb, I would like to point out that The Dark Knight Rises (A movie Mecha hates on), is placed as a better overall movie than Taxi Driver, Toy Story 3, and Gladiator. Would you guys say that TDKR is that good? I mean, that's the "REAL FANS"'s opinions, right?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 8:28 am

Yeah, you're right Rambo. I've should have used Rotten Tomatoes instead. At least they rated The Avengers higher than The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Once Upon a Time in America, and The Shawshank Redemption. Gee, how silly of me.

BTW, I don't hate The Dark Knight Rises. It's just that the film wasn't a good representation of Batman as you comic book noobs seem to think. And Rambo finally understood what I've been saying after he seen The Dark Knight Returns, which is far more faithful than The Dark Knight Rises.

Oh and tahm, Gundam > Transformers. Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 8:43 am

Wow, that's the most retarded thing I've ever heard, and I used to to visit Valkyrie frequently.
This idiot likes Man of Steel AND thinks Gundam is better than Transformers? Bless your naive mind.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 8:48 am

Says the guy that likes Iron Man 3.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 8:53 am

Just like all the movie critics
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 8:58 am

Movie critics also think The Avengers is better than The Shawshank Redemption as well.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 9:21 am

No they don't
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 9:26 am

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/marvels_the_avengers/

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/shawshank_redemption/

You were saying?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 9:34 am

That doesnt mean anything, all it shows is that there are more positive reviews for Avengers, and that's because there are more people now because the population increased and more movie reviewers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next