Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend

Go down 
+6
Based Sonji
Bluenose
Mecha
Mr Canai Spy
Gutzahn
Orion
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  Empty
PostSubject: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 7:45 am

Kendo wrote:
Not only is it the third-biggest game of the year, it is believed to have grossed more than Man of Steel over the weekend.

While numbers can't be disclosed, the PS3 exclusive "comfortably" made more money despite Man of Steel having an audience three times the size, according to MCV.

Elsewhere, Animal Crossing: New Leaf makes its debut in second to become the biggest-selling Nintendo launch since Mario Kart 3DS.

Rugby Lions 2: The Lions Edition is this week's third-highest new entry at ten, charting above Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.

At the tail-end of the chart, Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 re-enters at 20, below Resident Evil: Revelations and God of War: Ascension.

The chart in full:

1. (-) The Last of Us (Sony)
2. (-) Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
3. (1) GRID 2 (Codemasters)
4. (6) Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
5. (9) Injustice: Gods Among Us (Warner Bros Interactive)
6. (4) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition (Bethesda)
7. (7) Luigi's Mansion 2 (Nintendo)
8. (2) FIFA 13 (Electronic Arts)
9. (5) Dead Island: Riptide (Koch Media)
10. (-) Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Edition (Tru Blu Entertainment)
11. (12) Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision)
12. (8) Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (Nintendo)
13. (11) BioShock Infinite (2K Games)
14. (19) The Walking Dead (TellTale Games)
15. (15) LEGO: Lord of the Rings (Warner Bros. Interactive)
16. (3) Remember Me (Capcom)
17. (16) LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins (Nintendo)
18. (18) God of War: Ascension (Sony)
19. (13) Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom)
20. (-) Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 (City Interactive)

Leisure software charts compiled by Chart Track, (C) 2013 UKIE Ltd.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a490590/the-last-of-us-grosses-more-than-man-of-steel-in-opening-weekend.html#ixzz2WZEqTXiE
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a490590/the-last-of-us-grosses-more-than-man-of-steel-in-opening-weekend.html

No suprise considering Man of Steel was shit as fuck, like Ghost Rider level quality
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 9:19 am

Goty will probably be between this and Watch Dogs assuming it will be as good as I hope it wil.
IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 9:24 am

yeah games sale for 4x as much ^^fail
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 9:46 am

How is that fail?
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 10:07 am

you fail by blatant attempts to bash MoS we all know you didn't like it
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 10:39 am

What? How does that change the fact The Last of Us made more money?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 12:42 pm

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  Karl-p10
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 1:52 pm

One small step for Naughty Dog, one giant leap for Video game kind. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 7:29 pm

moviefags are getting REKT

have fun with your dying entertainment medium.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 8:47 pm

This is so stupid. No shit it made more fucking money. Watching MoS six times is equivalent to buying 1 Last of Us where I live.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 8:59 pm

So The Last of Us made more than $200 million? And these video games companies bitch about used games. Sure they lose money, but you don't see Hollywood pulling the same shit that EA and Microsoft do over piracy.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 9:05 pm

The film studios have several revenue streams. It's uncomfortable but probably true that used games hurt the industry. You get to be a burden to servers and customer support and everything, without giving a single cent to the developer.

The problem isn't the pricing of used games or anything, but the fact that all the money goes to the retailer and the people who worked hard on the development and support of the game don't get anything.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 10:12 pm

But The Last of Us made over $200 million in just one weekend. And the game isn't even a multiplat. That's pretty impressive. UNLESS, the budget is just as big as a summer blockbuster film.

That said, I do agree about used games is hurting the gaming industry. I just don't think what Microsoft is doing with the Xbox One is the right way. But hey, what do I know?
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 10:26 pm

Well I agree with everything you just said ;D
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 11:28 pm

Surprised What!? I would have never guessed a $60 video game would outsell a (on average) $10 movie ticket. eye roll
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 11:35 pm

well considering this is superman and all.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 1:26 am

Man of Steel did great actually, considering it is the first film in a new franchise. It basically already made it's budget back in just one weekend. Something that can not be said for a lot of other superhero movies. Wouldn't surprise me if Man of Steel 2 made billion in total.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 10:36 am

Movie still sucks worse than Green Lantern
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 10:37 am

Still better than Iron Turd Three.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 11:02 am

Not what the reviews say
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 11:08 am

Mecha wrote:
So The Last of Us made more than $200 million? And these video games companies bitch about used games. Sure they lose money, but you don't see Hollywood pulling the same shit that EA and Microsoft do over piracy.

Actually they did, in fact they tried to do FAR worse then what EA and Microsoft ever tried, remember SOPA? They were one of the biggest advocates of it.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/46044688

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57565226-38/how-aaron-swartz-helped-to-defeat-hollywood-on-sopa/

http://www.pcworld.com/article/248425/hollywood_disappointed_with_president_obamas_sopa_stance.html
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 11:48 am

#MECHAGOTOWNEDBUTISTILLLOVEYABRAH
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 12:09 pm

I almost forgot about SOPA.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 4:30 pm

@Mecha Fun fact: Man of Steel had already made most of its money back since it set a new record of promotional tie-in's.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 4:39 pm

Yeah, I heard about that. Basically, Man of Steel was already profitable before the film even hit theaters. Just goes to show how much of an icon Superman really is. Where as Iron Man has to rely on Robert Downey Jr. and The Avengers in order to be successful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend    'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'The Last of Us' grosses more than 'Man of Steel' in opening weekend
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next