Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft

Go down 
+7
The_Biotic_God
The Enkindler
Azazel
Stoney
Orion
Hydell
Mecha
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft   Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:00 pm

Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft 16643310

Quote :
Adam Orth, the Microsoft Game Studios creative director whose comments regarding always-on Internet requirements sparked furious debate last week, has reportedly left the platform holder’s employ.

GameInformer got wind of Orth’s alleged departure through anonymous sources; it also rang Microsoft’s switchboard and got what it believes is confirmation.

Orth is said to have resigned, although it;s not clear whether he went voluntarily or was asked to step down.

Last week, Orth perhaps unwisely took to Twitter to suggest that people upset by rumours that the next Xbox would require an always-on Internet connection to function should just “deal with it”. He was giving his personal opinion, not making any claims about the truth of the rumours, but many of those privy to his exchanges were distressed by his arguments.

The PR storm that resulted even evinced a reaction from Microsoft, which isn’t easy.

We’re expecting to finally find out what the next Xbox console does and doesn’t require around May 21; the latest on dits deny the always-on thing, hype up Xbox Tv plans, and claim Kinect can track your eye movement.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft   Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:10 am

Seen his tweets and he deserved to be fired. You are the Creative Director for a multi billion dollar corporation and you expect to insult your consumers publicly and suggest that they should just put up with your inadequacy instead of working to find a solution? That is the dumbest thing i have ever seen. This fool may very well have killed his career nevermind his MS job.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft   Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 4:04 am

He should be gang banged by Australian tranny midgets 100 times
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft   Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 4:22 am

serves him right.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft   Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:08 pm

Adam Gies, dickhead journo at Polygon tweeted "so, congratulations internet, I guess you won" ... insinuating that it's NeoGaf et al's fault. Moron made degrading comments about people who lived in rural areas and couldn't afford internet.

I guess he'll be "always on" the look for a job now, unless he's being blacklisted.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft   Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:32 pm

Jim Sterling in his most recent episode of Jimquisition stated that it would be a financial mess and loss to have always online consoles. There are places even in the US where Dial Up is still being used and that says nothing of the rest of the world.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft   Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 1:02 pm

Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft 3tpx1310
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft   Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 1:29 pm

Good riddance!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft   Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 3:00 am

Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft JuDiybQ
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft   Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 7:43 am

Just wanna add, Cliffy B is one of the biggest pricks in gaming, period, constantly defending the indefensible, always on, EA's microtransactions, cutting out content from games to sell has DLC, locking off content on disc (Capcom) and now blaming the internet for the Adam Orth incident.

He's a pompous, egotistical scumbag, a millionaire who looks out for his millionaire buddies. And his face! He has a face you just wanna stomp into the ground!

mini-rant over.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft   Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 12:51 am

Adam Orth made some incredibly stupid comments. Microsoft's response and the internet's reactions are both understandable, but it's still tragic how he lost his job over this.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft   Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 10:33 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:

LMFAO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft   Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 1:10 pm

Strange to see someone being fired over a twitter post.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft   Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 8:22 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY KAZ
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft   Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 8:27 pm

Stigma wrote:

Not really. Companies in general look closely at their employees social media profiles. People don't get hired just because of stuff they write or have done on Facebook.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft   Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 10:18 pm

Teckno wrote:
Stigma wrote:

Not really. Companies in general look closely at their employees social media profiles. People don't get hired just because of stuff they write or have done on Facebook.

I had to sit through a lecture about Social Media ethics or whatever. One of the things talked about were Facebook profiles.

Some lady who was going to teacher had her license suspended because of a Facebook photo of her with a cup of alcohol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft   Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 1:43 am

NoelX2 wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Stigma wrote:

I had to sit through a lecture about Social Media ethics or whatever. One of the things talked about were Facebook profiles.

Some lady who was going to teacher had her license suspended because of a Facebook photo of her with a cup of alcohol.
A friend once told me that she didn't get the job she applied for simply because facebook her profile was set to private and they couldn't see anything other than the name and display picture.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft   Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adam Orth is fired from Microsoft
Page 1 of 1