Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5 Empty
PostSubject: Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5   Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 5:09 pm

Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5 Hideo_10

Quote :
Wednesday we learned that David Hayter, longtime voice actor for Solid Snake and Big Boss, will not be back for Metal Gear Solid 5. GameTrailers asked Hideo Kojima how that could be, and he gave them an answer. “It will be a new person, I can’t say who yet. What we’re trying to accomplish is to recreate the Metal Gear series. It’s a new type of Metal Gear game, and we want to have this reflected in the voice actor as well.”

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5   Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 5:21 pm

im not sure what kojima is pulling but it better be good.

Last edited by shigdig on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5   Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 5:24 pm

The guy who voices Cole train should voice snake :yey:
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5   Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 11:37 am

Bullshit, Akio Otsuka is back voicing the Jap version, how is that re-creating the series? Well, I'll probably rent it, no fucking way am I buying it, as petty as that sounds. Fuck Kojima.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5   Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 4:46 pm

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rjhhf9

Quote :
METAL GEAR V

By

David Hayter

So,

Here’s a recap of events:

I have been up in Toronto, for the past eight months, directing my first film, (WOLVES -- 2013, TF1/COPPERHEART). On the December break, I came home to Los Angeles for the holidays. I heard then, that recording sessions for MG:V were being put together.

But I didn’t hear anything about whether I’d be needed or not.

So, I got in touch with someone involved in the production. We got together for lunch, and he told me that they "wouldn’t be needing me" on this game. No reason, or explanation was given beyond that.

And that was it.

I drove home through Laurel Canyon, bummed, and thinking about Snake.

To be clear, I love being a part of the world of Metal Gear. I admire its technological innovations, the gameplay, the political message of it all. But primarily, I love the fans of these games. Two grown men burst into tears upon meeting me at the Vancouver Fan Expo last year.

Now that... Is a rare and excellent role. You know you’re making an impact.

And I love doing it.

In 1998, I tried to do come up with a voice which epitomized the kind of worn, put-upon, genetically-engineered clone-soldier that I saw Snake to be. Over time, as the games became more stunning and visually sophisticated, I tried to transition that initial voice into the increasingly real environments in which Snake found himself. My level of success is up to you, but any perceived deficiencies were not for lack of hard work. I have dedicated a huge amount of time and effort into creating a compelling character, capable of expressing the myriad emotional, physical and psychological hurdles that Snake has to face.

Anyway, now it’s been fifteen years, nine games, and an enormous blast to undertake.

If it were my choice, I would do this role forever. To hear anyone else’s voice coming from Snake’s battered throat, makes me a little ill, to be honest.

But the truth is -- it’s not my choice. Any and all casting decisions are the sole purview of Hideo Kojima, and Konami itself. And that’s fair.

And I’ll get by. I am not lacking for employment on any level.

But I didn’t want anybody to think that I was intentionally abandoning them.

And know that I will miss this job, and this character, very much.

My best wishes to you all,

David Hayter

April 1, 2013

Could this be some inside troll between Kojima and Hayter? Why the fuck would he put the date down the end?

He mentions here that it's "no joke" https://twitter.com/DavidBHayter but also mentions he's doing an interview on it? With who? It better be a some insane marketing stunt on either his movie, Wolves or MGSV or else I'm out for good.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5   Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 4:51 pm

i really hope so too, stoney.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5   Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 5:48 pm

No David Hayter = rent or borrow from muh cousin
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5   Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 6:36 pm

Aannnnnd that's me out.

http://epdaily.tv/all/spotlight/david-hayter-exclusive/

I literally feel sick over this, Keifer Sutherland just makes it worst.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5   Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 6:53 pm

I'll probably buy it pre owned. I remender David Hayter cut his voice acting salary/cost in half for that GameCube remake so that they could hire the original MGS1 voice actors, great guy that absolutely loves the characters and the games, highly disappointed. I've also been spending fucking weeks asking around on comic forums for a MOTHERFUCKING COMIC.BOOK SIMILAR TO MUH GODDAMNED METAL GEAR SOLID!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5   Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 4:38 am

Stoney wrote:
Aannnnnd that's me out.

http://epdaily.tv/all/spotlight/david-hayter-exclusive/

I literally feel sick over this, Keifer Sutherland just makes it worst.

Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5 Shinji_1

i seriously thought it was a joke...

i just want to wake up.. I JUST WANT TO WAKE UP! HOLD ME STONEY.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5   Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 6:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5   Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kojima explains why Hayter is not in Metal Gear Solid 5
Page 1 of 1