Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Building my own PC

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Building my own PC Empty
PostSubject: Building my own PC   Building my own PC I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:08 pm

My good buddy and flatmate has kindly given me his CPU tower (along with some Turtlebeach headphones and some handtowels, but that's a different story). He's stripped out the parts he needs for his new computer but he's left in the graphics card and stuff. Meaning I just need a CPU, a Hard drive and some other bits and bobs and I will have a new computer. I've looked at the parts and it shouldn't cost much more than £200, so I will probably start buying the parts over summer. Turns out I can also get a blu-ray drive for just £10 more than a regular drive as well. So yeah. I'll be building a decent gaming rig for just about £200! :)
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

Building my own PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my own PC   Building my own PC I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:26 pm

Building my own PC Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQuzfVwZjZ7mOPyB7LhGliKk-h8XMDagtD0-9AeUaRyw1n6yHm
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Building my own PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my own PC   Building my own PC I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:47 pm

>CPU tower
>but he's left in the graphics card and stuff
>Meaning I just need a CPU, a Hard drive and some other bits and bobs and I will have a new computer. I've looked at the parts and it shouldn't cost much more than £200
>200
>decent gaming rig

no
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Building my own PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my own PC   Building my own PC I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 3:08 pm

^

8GB RAM
3.4ghz RAM (quad core)
2 Terabyte HDD
RADEON HD 6750 gfx card (1GB)

>tells me it's not a decent gaming rig.

Also this kind of know-it-all attitude is why console gamers are forever more awesome than pc gamers. Why have you guys gotta be so douchey all the time?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Building my own PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my own PC   Building my own PC I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 4:51 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
^

8GB RAM
3.4ghz RAM (quad core)
2 Terabyte HDD
RADEON HD 6750 gfx card (1GB)

>tells me it's not a decent gaming rig.

Also this kind of know-it-all attitude is why console gamers are forever more awesome than pc gamers. Why have you guys gotta be so douchey all the time?

i said it was a shitty gaming rig because you arent going to get a decent CPU, RAM, HDD, power supply, etc for 200e total

>3.4 RAM (quad core)

im guessing you meant the AMD phenom 2 you posted in the other thread.

>phenom2
>6750

i mean, maybe you can play WoW on ultra? you definately wont be getting great visuals from this. you'll probably need to run most modern games on medium-low.

good choice on the HDD and RAM though(even though you payed wayyyyyyyyyy to much for that RAM)

i hope you dont take this as an insult, but after the things you've posted, it'd be cruel not to ask you.

you made sure everything is compatible with your Motherboard right?

is your motherboard compatible with the GDDR3 you bought?

does your CPU match your motherboards socket?

just making sure Razz

but yeah, id have to give this rig a shit/10.

why don't you get a job? 1 month at a minimum wage job will get you an excellent gaming rig. return the parts you just bought and do that pls.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Building my own PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my own PC   Building my own PC I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 4:59 pm

Thanks for being less condescending and more mature Razz

I'm relying my mate to check all this shit for me but yeah I checked the motherboard and it's M3 or something, which should apparently be fine for all this shit.

I don't know about that other stuff, but if this goes haywire, my friend is to blame.

Get a job? Ain't nobody got time fo dat. (in all seriousness, there are like no jobs available anywhere near me and any that are, well, they dont want uni student who are never about throughout the year).

My LAPTOP can run WoW on ultra. This thing is way more powerful than my laptop. You underestimate its power! Hell Blixtstorm said it's pretty much what his rig was like. He upgraded it fairly recently, but hey close enough. In his own words, "a decent setup", which is exactly what I said at the top. "decent" :)
My mate had a similar rig (this is his old graphics card, and the rest of the stuff is superior to what he had) and could run The Witcher 2 and Bioshock Infinite on ultra settings (and 60fps on the latter) if I remember correctly. So yeah.

Hell, coming to think of it. My friggin laptop can pretty much run xbox 360 games. Skyrim, sleeping dogs, mafia 2, just cause 2, gta iv, deus ex human revolution, crysis, etc. It might have a slightly lower framerate but for the most part it is in that same league of power. By saying my upgrade can just run WoW on ultra? Hahaha, severe understatement.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Building my own PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my own PC   Building my own PC I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 5:09 pm

>"a decent setup"

thats just what nojobfags say when they get asked about their PC Razz

i dont know lykos, i mean, youre going on things your friends said, or once had, but im looking at benchmark tests and specs, and it doesnt look very good.

well sure you can run the witcher2, my moms computer can run the witcher 2. but performance wise, youll need to keep your settings at medium max. not to mention frame rate problems, etc.

maybe you should quit smoking and drinking and save up more money.

also get a job
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Building my own PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my own PC   Building my own PC I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 5:19 pm

I wasn't going out my way to buy a PC. My laptop can run anything worth playing.
My mate gave me a computer with just a few hundred quids worth of stuff missing. I thought, this way, I can clear my laptop up and use it for work, and use my PC only for gaming. And like I have said. Better processor, better graphics, better RAM as well as better HD and stuff, plus blu ray player. Like I said, my mate with a similar set up could run Bioshock Infinite and I am pretty sure, The Witcher 2 on max. Even Blixstorm could had he said his was pretty much the same as well. I don't care anyway. I am looking to play the games I already own. Shit like Mass Effect, LA Noire, Skyrim, Heroes of Might & Magic III. Nothing spectacular. Just games I enjoy, with a slightly better frame rate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Building my own PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building my own PC   Building my own PC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Building my own PC
Page 1 of 1