Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Modern Masterpieces

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Modern Masterpieces Empty
PostSubject: Modern Masterpieces   Modern Masterpieces I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 10:16 am

Albums that are as close to perfection as possible and should go down in history

Aquilus: Griseus (2011)
Modern Masterpieces Aquilu10
Written and performed by just one man. This album is pure over-powering, intense, cinematic, stunning and beautiful all at once. Seamlessly merging progressive death metal with symphonic/classical music that gives it a film soundtrack feel and some folk sensibilities, it is a unique album guaranteed to leave the listener in awe.

In Flames: The Jester Race (1996)
Modern Masterpieces Inflam10
An album that pioneered and refined an entirely new breed of metal; melodic death metal. It is widely considered a classic album and one of the biggest musical influences of most modern metal bands. In Flames took the two seemingly juxtaposing elements of harsh, aggressive songwriting with mellow, gentle and melodic songwriting, and merged them together to create one of the most distinctive genres to ever exist.

Equilibrium - Rekreatur [2 disk edition] (2010)
Modern Masterpieces 00-equ10
Although the fan reception was mixed due to Equilibrium's more aggressive and slightly less upbeat approach, the album is effectively still ambitious and very memorable. Not only do the songs contain excellent anthemic symphonic composition and powerful guitar riffs, but the 5 acoustic tracks are better examples of instrumental folk than the majority of modern folk acts. Once again the Germans show us how folk metal is done well.

Ne Obliviscaris: Portal of I (2012)
Modern Masterpieces Ne_obl10

Violins and metal are nothing new. They have been merged together for decades now. However, no band before Ne Obliviscaris has ever utilized a virtuoso violinist and combined it with a whole band of metal virtuoso's. In all honesty, these musicians are each skilled with their respective instrument to an incredibly respectable and admirable level. Not only is their talent shown throughout their highly technical music, but they write incredibly unique, atmospheric and moving music with such a distinctive texture.

Aiumeen Basoa - Iraganeko Bide Malkartsutik (2010)
Modern Masterpieces Aiumee11

There is one word that defines this band, and that is "fearlessness". Their music progresses so speedily and they shift genres so frequently that it could alienate the most hardened progressive listeners. But it is this versatility that separates them from the rest of the metal community. They are a folk/symphonic/progressive band with no limits, and this album sees them tread into waters mostly untouched by metal, and they do so with such panache!

Last edited by Sawed-Off_Orc on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:31 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Modern Masterpieces XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Modern Masterpieces   Modern Masterpieces I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 10:20 am

The first two that come to mind for me are Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon and Bob Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited. They also happen to be my two favorite albums of all-time.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Modern Masterpieces   Modern Masterpieces I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 10:31 am

lil b
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Modern Masterpieces XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Modern Masterpieces   Modern Masterpieces I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 10:35 am

shigdig wrote:
lil b
I'm loving the guy more and more each day. His Pink Flame mixtape is magnificent.

And I love his game collection videos.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modern Masterpieces   Modern Masterpieces I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modern Masterpieces
Page 1 of 1