Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live

Go down 
+9
Pickles1337
Archduke
Chobo
The_Biotic_God
Based Sonji
Stoney
Orc
Jack the Spectre
Stigma
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live Empty
PostSubject: F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live   F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 2:47 pm

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/116/1160708p1.html

Quote :
Sometime next year, Microsoft will make available free-to-play (F2P) games through Xbox Live, a trusted source told IGN. This will allow publishers and developers to release games through the service for free where users can then purchase additional content, such as weapons, experience points, in-game currency, and perks.

The F2P business model is traditionally used for massively multiplayer online games on PC, such as Vindictus and Dungeon Fighter Online from Nexon and League of Legends by Riot Games. Electronic Arts also began experimenting with a F2P model for shooters, including Battlefield Heroes in 2009 and more recently with Battlefield Play4Free, which is currently in open beta.

Joy Ride for Kinect was originally pegged as a F2P game for Xbox Live Gold and Free members when it was first unveiled at E3 2009. Game modes and environments were planned to be free. Customization options were going to cost Microsoft Points, however.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live   F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 4:30 pm

Free to play as long as you paid for Gold. F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live 725796345
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live   F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 4:38 pm

^
This.

Microsoft are just trying to find a way to make paying a monthly fee seem less daunting. They're so fucking stubborn, it's everything or nothing to them. They don't want to compromise and give us solely online gameplay for cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live   F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 4:46 pm

Lykos wrote:
^
This.

Microsoft are just trying to find a way to make paying a monthly fee seem less daunting. They're so fucking stubborn, it's everything or nothing to them. They don't want to compromise and give us solely online gameplay for cheaper.

It's cheaper to just pay for the year.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live   F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 4:53 pm

Stoney wrote:
Lykos wrote:
^
This.

I know but you're still paying for shit loads of stuff you don't really want. Why not make a tiered service?
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live   F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 5:36 pm

OMGAWD GAIZ. Get back on topic. This is all serious business now 8)
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live   F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 5:37 pm

Stigma you get a warning.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live   F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:20 pm

Alanski wrote:
Stigma you get a warning.

but this isn't a troll post.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live   F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:21 pm

Ha. PC players have been getting free games for years now. Dirty consoles peasants are just catching on. PC>consoles
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live   F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 6:21 pm

Lykos wrote:
Stoney wrote:
Lykos wrote:
^
This.

I know but you're still paying for shit loads of stuff you don't really want. Why not make a tiered service?

Why not make it free?

And on topic: F2P games generally suck ass-hair.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live   F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:32 pm

Lykos wrote:
Stoney wrote:
Lykos wrote:
^
This.

Did you not make another thread before saying you wanted F2P games? If XBL fees bother you so much just stop paying for it monthly and buy a year on Amazon or something...
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live   F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:41 pm

Lykos wrote:
^
This.

So its bad that they charge you for a great service?I would rather have XBL as it is now and pay for it then to have a free PSN-quality Xbox live.

You know what I say to people who complain about prices?Dont like it, dont buy it.Simple.Nothing worth complaining over.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live   F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:43 pm

Zeratul wrote:
Lykos wrote:
^
This.

So its bad that they charge you for a great service?I would rather have XBL as it is now and pay for it then to have a free PSN-quality Xbox live.

You know what I say to people who complain about prices?Dont like it, dont buy it.Simple.Nothing worth complaining over.
It's not a great service. It's a decent service and only a bit better than PSN. I'd much rather have PSN than have to pay for XBL to be perfectly honest. You enjoy paying money for features you'll probably never use?
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live   F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 1:28 am

DukemNukem43 wrote:
Ha. PC players have been getting free games for years now. Dirty consoles peasants are just catching on. PC>consoles

Those free to play games tend to be low-quality.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live   F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:25 pm

TRF wrote:
Zeratul wrote:
Lykos wrote:
^
This.

It's not a great service. It's a decent service and only a bit better than PSN. I'd much rather have PSN than have to pay for XBL to be perfectly honest. You enjoy paying money for features you'll probably never use?

This. 100%
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live   F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:27 pm

TRF wrote:
Free to play as long as you paid for Gold. F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live 725796345
Playstation plus amirite?
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live   F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:41 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
TRF wrote:

You aren't forced to play for PS+ to access the other half of your game amirite?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live   F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:50 pm

Sonji wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
TRF wrote:

You aren't forced to play for PS+ to access the other half of your game amirite?
Yes but playing free games by paying for a service is basicly what PS+ is all about.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live   F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 6:01 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Sonji wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
TRF wrote:

Yes but playing free games by paying for a service is basicly what PS+ is all about.
Yes, but PS+ offers free games that would otherwise cost money. So you are paying for priced games to be free. With XBL Gold, you'd be paying for free games to be free.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live   F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 6:06 pm

TRF wrote:
Zeratul wrote:
Lykos wrote:
^
This.

Haha if XBL is decent, then that must make PSN shit.And I disagree, I think XBL is a great online hub for gaming.Thats why I say "dont like it, dont buy it" I personally like XBL's features, so I WILL pay for it.Then again, I always liked paying for quality.And I honeslty dont like PSN that much, everything from its format, features and service.Cross game chat alone is a huge downer, certainly something that makes PSN inferior.And im now really starting to hate the XMB.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live   F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 6:13 pm

Zeratul wrote:
TRF wrote:
Zeratul wrote:
Lykos wrote:
^
This.

Haha if XBL is decent, then that must make PSN shit.And I disagree, I think XBL is a great online hub for gaming.Thats why I say "dont like it, dont buy it" I personally like XBL's features, so I WILL pay for it.Then again, I always liked paying for quality.And I honeslty dont like PSN that much, everything from its format, features and service.Cross game chat alone is a huge downer, certainly something that makes PSN inferior.And im now really starting to hate the XMB.
Personally, the only things that make XBL better in my eyes is cross-game chat and a superior user interface. I don't want to pay $60/yr. when all I ever used on XBL was online play and cross-game chat. I paid extra for Netflix and ESPN. I'm fine without those, yet I'm paying for them anyway. Hell, even the cross-game chat is mediocre since it disconnects all the time and my Internet is great (ranked in the B+ to A range by most connection/speed tests).
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live   F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 6:59 pm

I've rarely disconnected from party chats since the last update. And I like how you put that TRF. You pay for free games to be free. F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live 1443829230
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live   F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 4:43 am

BlackStigma wrote:
I've rarely disconnected from party chats since the last update. And I like how you put that TRF. You pay for free games to be free. F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live 1443829230

lol that is true, I gotta say
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live   F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:11 am

I'm still not sure if Stigma was being sarcastic with me or not. I'm not sure who the facepalm is directed at, me or Microsoft. F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live 725796345
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live   F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:35 am

TRF wrote:
I'm still not sure if Stigma was being sarcastic with me or not. I'm not sure who the facepalm is directed at, me or Microsoft. F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live 725796345
The fact that you think those games are free F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live 457301478
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live   F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

F2P games might be coming to Xbox Live
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next