Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's talk exclusives

Go down 
+2
Jack the Spectre
Orc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Let's talk exclusives Empty
PostSubject: Let's talk exclusives   Let's talk exclusives I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 7:45 pm

How many great exclusives did 360 have?

It had Halo, Gears Of War, Crackdown, Forza, Fable, Mass Effect and probably a few others.

How many great exclusives did PS3 have?

Uncharted, God of War, Heavy Rain, LBP, Gran Turismo, Resistance, Mgs and probably a few others.

How about PSP?

It has GREAT exclusive games from the following series:

Killzone, God of War, WipEout, Littlebigplanet, Gran Turismo, Monster Hunter, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto, Parasite Eve, The Sims, Kingdom Hearts, Beaterator, Silent Hill, Soul Calibur, Star Wars Battlefront, Final Fantasy, Kenka Bancho, Pursuit Force, Socom, Syphon Filter, Resistance, Lumines, Dead Head Fred, Medal Of Honor, Tactics Ogre, Phantasy Star, Jeanne d' Arc, Star Ocean, Brave Story, Pixeljunk, (Jak n') Daxter, Loco Roco, Ratchet N' Clank, Half Minute Hero, Cladun, Guitaroo Man Lives, Valkyrie Profile, Valkyrie Chronicles 2, YS, Lunar, Motorstorm, Twisted Metal, Field Commander, Burnout, Pilot Academy, Patapon, Chili Con Carnage, Gurumin, Katamari, Castlevania, Digimon... I rest my case

Let's talk exclusives Killzo10Let's talk exclusives Ghost-10Let's talk exclusives 13322510Let's talk exclusives 504x_l10Let's talk exclusives 310Let's talk exclusives Monste10Let's talk exclusives 8cfdc910Let's talk exclusives Grand-10Let's talk exclusives The-3r10Let's talk exclusives The-si10Let's talk exclusives 814i5x10Let's talk exclusives _beate10Let's talk exclusives Silent10Let's talk exclusives Soulca10Let's talk exclusives Elite_10Let's talk exclusives 52599_10Let's talk exclusives Kenka-10Let's talk exclusives 00187410Let's talk exclusives 410Let's talk exclusives Syphon10Let's talk exclusives Resist10Let's talk exclusives Lumine10Let's talk exclusives Dead-h10Let's talk exclusives 10586-10Let's talk exclusives Tactic10Let's talk exclusives Ss-00310Let's talk exclusives Jeanne10Let's talk exclusives Star-o10Let's talk exclusives Brave_10Let's talk exclusives Pixelj10Let's talk exclusives Daxter10Let's talk exclusives Lrrs10Let's talk exclusives Secret10Let's talk exclusives S3834110Let's talk exclusives Cladun10Let's talk exclusives Gitaro10Let's talk exclusives Monste11Let's talk exclusives 500x_r10Let's talk exclusives Ys7-110Let's talk exclusives Lunar-10Let's talk exclusives Motors10Let's talk exclusives Twiste10Let's talk exclusives Field-10Let's talk exclusives Burnou10Let's talk exclusives Pilota10Let's talk exclusives Imgpat10Let's talk exclusives Chili_10Let's talk exclusives Gurumi10Let's talk exclusives Katama10Let's talk exclusives Castle10Let's talk exclusives Digimo10
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Let's talk exclusives XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk exclusives   Let's talk exclusives I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 7:47 pm

Sounds like Lykos is mad.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk exclusives   Let's talk exclusives I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 7:49 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:

Sounds like Lykos has something called gaming experience and something called basic math I love you
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk exclusives   Let's talk exclusives I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 7:50 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

Sounds like Lykos has something called gaming experience and something called basic math I love you
But apparently not good taste. Let's talk exclusives 725796345
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk exclusives   Let's talk exclusives I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 8:01 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

But apparently not good taste. Let's talk exclusives 725796345

... you game on a ps3.

PSP has games from 5/7 of the same franchise of the top exclusive games on ps3 and then some.

By criticizing my taste you are in fact criticizing your own taste.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Let's talk exclusives 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk exclusives   Let's talk exclusives I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 8:14 pm

Unless you are in to JRPG's, there aren't a whole lot of great games on the PSP. A lot of the games for the PSP just feel like dumbed down versions of their console counterparts. Like I said, there are some great JRPG's for the system, but there isn't anything else about the system that say's "Wow, i need to own a PSP." And if there is, There's most likely a better version of it out there on the PS3, or elsewhere. I might get one for the sole purpose of hacking it and making it a portable ROM machine, but that's all the use I see out of it. the Vita looks the same way minus the hacking.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk exclusives   Let's talk exclusives I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 8:18 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

But apparently not good taste. Let's talk exclusives 528803

... you game on a ps3.

PSP has games from 5/7 of the same franchise of the top exclusive games on ps3 and then some.

By criticizing my taste you are in fact criticizing your own taste.
You're right. 'Cuz as we all know, if the franchise is good, every game in it must be good:

Let's talk exclusives NinjaGaiden3

Let's talk exclusives OperationRaccoonCity

Let's talk exclusives Warfighter

Let's talk exclusives BombActZerobox

Let's talk exclusives Tony_Hawk_Ride_cover

Let's talk exclusives B-cv64

Let's talk exclusives Zelda_wandofgamelon_packaging

Let's talk exclusives Hotel_Mario

Last edited by TheCinemaJack on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk exclusives   Let's talk exclusives I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 8:23 pm

@CHOBO

Actually no. A lot of psp games have interesting spins on the genres.
As well as Ratchet & Clank you have Secret Agent Clank. As well as Jak N Daxter you have... Daxter.
You have the proper sequel to Valkyria Chronicles.
You have the first Parasite Eve game in ages.
You have the first Syphon Filter games in ages.
You have games like Killzone Liberation that change the entire style of the game and are built specifically to be played on the go.
You numerous Star Wars Battlefront games that only up the ante and become more crazy and ambitious than the pc versions were.

I mean the system revived long dead or generally weakening franchises and brought a lot of new, interesting titles to the table. But yes it also had a lot of ports, or games based upon a similar engine to the console counterparts. But overall it had a nice varied library and as indicated above, a great roster of exclusive titles.

@JACK

You have lost it. You created a debate out of nothing. I never claimed every game in the franchise is good and you have further proved how weak your argument is by showing irrelevant games. In the cases I used, the Metal Gear Solid game Peace Walker was incredibly well recieved, considered by some to be one of the best in the series. The God Of War games were such a success that they were later given HD re-releases on PS3. Would you like me to go on? Or have you had enough of an ass whooping for one day? Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk exclusives   Let's talk exclusives I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 8:28 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
@CHOBO

As well as Ratchet & Clank you have Secret Agent Clank. As well as Jak N Daxter you have... Daxter.
Daxter is annoying and the camera in 90% of those kinds of games are terrible. :fuckthat:
You have the proper sequel to Valkyria Chronicles.
"Proper" :fuckthat:
You have the first Parasite Eve game in ages.
Who cares? :fuckthat:
Syphon Filter always sucked. :fuckthat:
You have games like Killzone Liberation that change the entire style of the game and are built specifically to be played on the go.
That game is horrible. :fuckthat:
You numerous Star Wars Battlefront games that only up the ante and become more crazy and ambitious than the pc versions were.
More ambitious? That's cute. :fuckthat:

I mean the system revived long dead or generally weakening franchises and brought a lot of new, interesting titles to the table. But yes it also had a lot of ports, or games based upon a similar engine to the console counterparts. But overall it had a nice varied library and as indicated above, a great roster of exclusive titles.

@JACK

You have lost it. You created a debate out of nothing. I never claimed every game in the franchise is good and you have further proved how weak your argument is by showing irrelevant games. In the cases I used, the Metal Gear Solid game Peace Walker was incredibly well recieved, considered by some to be one of the best in the series. The God Of War games were such a success that they were later given HD re-releases on PS3. Would you like me to go on? Or have you had enough of an ass whooping for one day? Razz
My point was that just because I'm trashing the PSP games in established franchises doesn't mean I'm shitting on the other games in the franchise. So I can trash bad PSP games and that doesn't mean I'm trashing my own taste if I like a console game in the same series.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk exclusives   Let's talk exclusives I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 8:42 pm

Using statistics now? 90% of the PSP games? Well I thought you previously said you only owned like 4 games? I'm sure you far more experience than me, a person who's played 400 :fuckthat:

By "proper" I mean not a lazy spin-off but another entry in the main series :fuckthat:

Who cares? Parasite Eve was a much loved PSX franchise. It's revived on the PSP system exclusively.

Same with Syphon Filter. I'm sorry if you don't like the games, but they were very well recieved by other people.

Killzone Liberation was critically loved, and of course was considered far better than the original. Hell it was a refreshing game and really great fun.

Yes, more ambitious. Those star wars games were better than a lot of online console shooters at the time. I believe there were 32 player battles, not only on foot but with vehicles... and not just ground vehicles but flying vehicles. And not just flying vehicles but flying vehicles you can take to space. Yeah you can have space battles while people are continuing the fight down on the planet ground. That is about as ambitious as an online handheld game has ever gotten.

I see what you mean now @ the trashing the franchise part, but as I was saying, the PSP versions are actually fucking good so if you bash the games you are pretty stupid. The only one where bashing it is justified is Gran Turismo. No interiors -___- though I guess that kind of applies towards the PS3 version too Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk exclusives   Let's talk exclusives I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Everything you said gave me cancer. All the cancers.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk exclusives   Let's talk exclusives I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:08 pm

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?!?!
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk exclusives   Let's talk exclusives I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 pm

CernaMLD wrote:

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?!?!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Let's talk exclusives R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk exclusives   Let's talk exclusives I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 10:24 pm

Let's talk exclusives What-i10
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Let's talk exclusives StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk exclusives   Let's talk exclusives I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 12:04 am

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
@CHOBO

You have the proper sequel to Valkyria Chronicles. 1
You have the first Parasite Eve game in ages. 2
You numerous Star Wars Battlefront games that only up the ante and become more crazy and ambitious than the pc versions were. 3

@JACK

1. Yes Valkyria Chronicles II is a proper sequel. Character class system improved, RND improved, Tank customisation. Story was way to light hearted. It is also almost stupid to gather material items in order to upgrade your chatacter classes. It works in games like Monster Hunter but it doesn't work in VCII. Plus the game sold like shit thanks to the PSP. Since it sold poorly, VCIII isn't going to have a outside Japan release anytime soon.

2. Oh please that game was nothing like Parasite Eve. PSP revived it and it was shot down quickly.

3. You have to be joking right?

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk exclusives   Let's talk exclusives I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 6:14 am

VC2 is one of the few PSP games I didn't play, but it was critically received as well as the other game. So yeah.

Parasite Eve, yes they mixed things up for the gameplay, they built it specifically for PSP in mind and targeted more at a PSP demography. It did not get a rating as high as the previous games, but it is also a very different game style. You cannot deny it is a good, solid game even if you don't consider it to be a true PE game.

Some of those star wars PSP games were better than a lot of online console shooters at the time. I believe there were 32 player battles, not only on foot but with vehicles... and not just ground vehicles but flying vehicles. And not just flying vehicles but flying vehicles you can take to space. Yeah you can have space battles while people are continuing the fight down on the planet ground. That is about as ambitious as an online handheld game has ever gotten.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk exclusives   Let's talk exclusives I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's talk exclusives
Page 1 of 1