Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan Empty
PostSubject: Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan   Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 1:03 am

I could just import these, but they're extremely fucking expensive! Might consider buying #1 though.

5. Valkyria Chronicles
Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan L_g00110

4. The Big O
Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan Tenkai10

3. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan B339d910

2. Lupin III
Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan News_l10

1. Cowboy Bebop
Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan Med-dv10
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan   Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 5:53 pm

I want the Valkyria Chronicles Blu-ray set to but it cost about $400+ and the Blu-rays for Valkyria Chronicles III cost about $80 each.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan   Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 6:10 pm

Not to mention the fact that Valkyria Chronicles only has 26 episodes in total. It's just not worth it spending $400+ for it. Especially when there's no English subtitles.

I might get Cowboy Bebop on Blu-ray though. I dunno, it depends.

Also Lupin III is a bitch to collect in America. It really isn't popular here at all. Even the mangas and DVDs are kinda hard to get now.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan   Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:15 pm

I forgot to mention that the VC III is $80 for ONE episode.

Actually it is the first time saw that Cowboy Bebop. Kinda want for collection purposes haha.

Yeah it can be hard to get especially if they go out of print. Here in Australia, I would say it is more bullshit what Madman (Aus leading distribution of anime) does. It seems like that the USA will get bluray releases for most anime but here Madman is very selective what gets put on bluray. Like you can get Gundam Unicorn on bluray in the US and UK but here you can only get it on DVD. While shit animes like K-on and High School of the Dead gets the bluray treatment.

Did you try looking online? Even try getting a different region version like Europe or Australia?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan   Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:45 pm

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn is probably one of the most expensive anime Blu-rays released here in America. Probably not at as expensive as the ones in Japan, but still pretty close. Almost cost $50 for each volume. It's as if the Japanese releases them without the help of an American company, and thinks the price they give justifies the purchase for us Americans.

We also got Baccano! on Blu-ray here in America as well, but it cost $50 for the whole collection. That might not sound too bad, but if FUNimation had the rights to Baccano! back then the Blu-ray would have been cheaper.

I already know where to get all these Blu-rays, it's the price that stops me from buying them is all.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan   Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:55 pm

Maybe because Bandai Entertainment Amercia close down?

Baccano! on bluray? Crap its only release here on DVD and I paid $56 for it. The FUNimation logo is on the cover weird. Unless the rights to Baccano! was bought by somebody else after.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan   Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 10:22 pm

That might have something to do with it as well. Still, Bandai DVDs were always more expensive, even when FUNimation had a lot more to offer.

Yeah, FUNimation logos are still on the DVDs, but ANIPLEX has the rights to the Blu-ray now. Which is odd because FUNimation's dub is still included.

Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan Captur10
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan   Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 11:30 pm

Easier to use the FUNimation dub then burning more cash on redubbing the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan   Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 2:44 am

Fuck! The 08th MS Team is coming to Blu-ray! And it cost $330! God dammit Japan!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan   Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Blu-rays I want from Japan
Page 1 of 1