Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway...

Go down 
+4
Jack the Spectre
Bluenose
Chobo
Mecha
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway... R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway... Empty
PostSubject: Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway...   Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 6:16 pm

Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway... Deskvi10

Quote :
In an inspirational post on IGN, Greg Miller announces that "Greg Miller Beats Cancer (For Now)." We are excited to share the news that IGN's popular commentator, podcaster, and all around good guy Greg Miller has undergone treatment for Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and has successfully (so far) put the disease into remission. Miller announced that he had cancer back in early August.

In his lengthy post on IGN, Miller describes what it was like going through chemotherapy, how it made him feel at times, and the great level of support he received from friends, family, colleagues, the community, and even the games industry. Here's just a taste of that article (which I encourage you to go read in full at IGN):

"As bad as it’s been though, I’ve been able to get through it thanks to my friends and family. That includes you. Like I said when I started this journey: by reading this, you’re my friend. You haven’t let me down – the emails, the letters, the hats in the mail, the comments on reviews, the Tweets, the Facebook messages, the YouTube videos. The outpouring of support has been nothing less than overwhelming, and it’s helped me get through the toughest times. After chemo, I come to work and want to quit. I want to scream at everyone. I feel like I’m not doing good work. I’m moody. I’m just unhappy because of the drugs. That’s not me. That’s not Greg Miller. Your comments and support remind me of that you don’t see me that way. You help me hear the rational voice that’s still inside me. I’ll never be able to repay you for that."

Congratulations to Greg Miller and his family. May you be cancer free for the rest of your days!

Source: Game Politics
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway... 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway...   Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 6:25 pm

While I am happy that he is OK, Greg Miller is the epitome of everything wrong with IGN. Stupid articles to attract attention, idiotic reviews, Annoying editors, and fanboyism.

Tahmdick, wat ru doin? Tahmdick, Stahp!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway...   Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 6:33 pm

I wish him good luck in the future.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway...   Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Irrelevant and retarded post Tahmdik, stick with the thread.

I hope he's fully cancer free. INB4 someone leaves a joke comment or nasty comment on IGN about this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway... XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway...   Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 8:51 pm

Didn't even know he had cancer. I hope for him the best.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway...   Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 10:35 pm

Congrats, on beating cancer Greg!

Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway... 31918546
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway...   Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 6:14 am

Yeah, Greg Miller might be a complete jerk sometimes, but that doesn't mean that he deserves to have cancer, nobody deserves this.

I wish him good luck in his fight with Cancer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway...   Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 6:19 am

he didnt even review cancer properly.

ill bet hell give it a shit score

Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway... XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway...   Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 10:18 am

I really don't get why people hate him so much.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway...   Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 10:42 am

shigdig wrote:
he didnt even review cancer properly.

ill bet hell give it a shit score

Razz

+1
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway...   Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 12:36 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
I really don't get why people hate him so much.

Meh, not like any of these people would ever have the balls to do anything. I saw this guy at Sony's Press Conference and the fucker is tall as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway...   Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greg Miller beats cancer! For now anyway...
Page 1 of 1