Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why both the 3DS and NGP fail

Go down 
+6
Archduke
TheJubJub5721
Based Sonji
Stigma
Pickles1337
Orc
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Why both the 3DS and NGP fail Empty
PostSubject: Why both the 3DS and NGP fail   Why both the 3DS and NGP fail I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 2:47 pm

The two upcoming handhelds NGP and 3DS are both boasting incredible features. I have to admit I'm eager to get my hands on either.
But people seem to be forgetting one of the biggest complaints about psp last generation. BATTERY LIFE. The psp systems, if you're lucky you could get about a bit over 4 hours gaming on it not including online.

This was quite bad. I got used to it but it is a flaw. Now I was getting caught up in all the hype for 3DS and NGP but then I thought, they are running 3D games. How would the battery manage that?
I researched it and discovered that the 3DS's battery life is a bit over 3 hours. 4 hours if you turn off 3D and wifi as well as that feature that transfers data to other people with 3DS's that you walk past.
NGP is about the same.

Personally, I think that is shameful. The batteries they use are big improvements capacity-wise over the previous systems (current gen psp's and ds's) yet you get less battery life (or in the case of ds, about 1 third of the battery life) :S

Technology is moving too fast for it's own good. There shouldn't be systems like this until there are small sized batteries that can power them for a while.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Why both the 3DS and NGP fail   Why both the 3DS and NGP fail I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 3:03 pm

3 hours?

Jesus Christ.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Why both the 3DS and NGP fail   Why both the 3DS and NGP fail I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 3:14 pm

I think there's some 3DS accessory that doubles the battery life.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Why both the 3DS and NGP fail   Why both the 3DS and NGP fail I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 3:20 pm

The 3DS has 6 hours of battery life if you play without the 3D.

3 - 4 1/2 hours if you play with it on.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Why both the 3DS and NGP fail   Why both the 3DS and NGP fail I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 3:37 pm

Well the DS did pretty well...
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Why both the 3DS and NGP fail   Why both the 3DS and NGP fail I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 4:16 pm

Nintendo will make a 3DS slim that has a longer battery life. Count of that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Why both the 3DS and NGP fail   Why both the 3DS and NGP fail I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 5:31 pm

I agree. It seems they're forgetting what a handheld is meant for. To be played on road trips, bus, generally long times of departure. I need my handheld to allow me to pass through time quickly. Take 3D for instance, don't you think it will be very nauseating if you play it in the car? And add the fact it wont last long, you got yourself a big plate full of bullshit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: Why both the 3DS and NGP fail   Why both the 3DS and NGP fail I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:01 pm

I don't like the 3DS because it's a gimmick. I don't care about 3D and if I did I would much rather it be cinematic and epic (achieved via graphics and so on).

At least the DS is awesome.

Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Why both the 3DS and NGP fail   Why both the 3DS and NGP fail I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:14 pm

Nintendo should just release an 8 bit throwback handheld. That would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Why both the 3DS and NGP fail   Why both the 3DS and NGP fail I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:28 pm

What do you mean by failed?

It's getting great sales.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why both the 3DS and NGP fail   Why both the 3DS and NGP fail I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 11:17 am

Shouldn't this be on the rant section? But i agree with you battery life is very important for a handheld device.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Why both the 3DS and NGP fail   Why both the 3DS and NGP fail I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:44 am

I agree completely, of course you could just plug it in while playing so it wont run out of battery...but that completely defeats the purpose of it....being a mobile gaming platform.

They need to make miniature fusion reactors the size of a phone battery so we can game FOREVERZ.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Why both the 3DS and NGP fail   Why both the 3DS and NGP fail I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:00 pm

I think they should take advantage of the new battery the NGP/3DS have but give the two systems ds/psp graphics.
Xbox standard graphics on a handheld is a bad idea when there's not sufficient battery power.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why both the 3DS and NGP fail   Why both the 3DS and NGP fail I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why both the 3DS and NGP fail
Page 1 of 1