Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console"

Go down 
+7
Chobo
Stigma
Pickles1337
igame
The_Biotic_God
Jack the Spectre
Blixtstorm
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

"Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console" Empty
PostSubject: "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console"   "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console" I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:48 am

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/295104/news/battlefield-3-multiplayer-maps-smaller-on-console/

I know for sure that I'll be getting this game for both PC and 360...

"The bad news (or good, depending on your point of view) for console gamers is that the scaling down of Battlefield 3 on PS3 and Xbox 360 includes smaller multiplayer maps to better fit the restricted 24 player head-count compared to PC's 64 player space."

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

"Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console" XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console"   "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console" I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 3:11 pm

Announcements like these just make me less and less excited about Battlefield. I seriously don't get why the consoles can't run 64 players.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console"   "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console" I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:51 pm

TRF wrote:
Announcements like these just make me less and less excited about Battlefield. I seriously don't get why the consoles can't run 64 players.

They can but then they would have to sacrifice alot of graphical effects. It is pissing me off that DICE is shafting the console audience.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console"   "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console" I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 6:00 pm

If only they had waited till the ps4 and the next gen xbox, PC gamers get to fully enjoy the game tho.
Good for them i guess, bastards.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console"   "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console" I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:01 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:
TRF wrote:

They can but then they would have to sacrifice alot of graphical effects. It is pissing me off that DICE is shafting the console audience.

They should just do that then. Console gamers aren't as concerned with graphics like Pc gamers.

That said, I'm not interested in this game since I already have two modern war shooter games.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console"   "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console" I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:54 pm

I'll buy it used. That is unless, it has an online pass.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console"   "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console" I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:57 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
It will have an online pass.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console"   "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console" I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:59 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Is it an online pass or the thing in BFBC2 where you got extra stuff?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console"   "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console" I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:11 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Well I'm sure there will be a Limited Edition, but there will most likely be an online pass no matter what version you get.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console"   "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console" I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:23 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Well I'm sure there will be a Limited Edition, but there will most likely be an online pass no matter what version you get.

Crysis 2 didn't get one so Battlefield 3 might not get one either. I'm not buying EA games new ever again.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

"Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console" 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console"   "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console" I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:08 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Crysis 2 didn't get one so Battlefield 3 might not get one either. I'm not buying EA games new ever again.

why not?
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console"   "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console" I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:21 pm

DICE know's where the real gamers are at 8)

lol all joking aside, sucks for consoles.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console"   "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console" I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:42 pm

PC for me. Even though I'll be spending over $1000 to play it on max settings.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console"   "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:04 am

This whole online pass thing is just downright low, if EA want us to buy games new then they have to meet us halfway and actually release games on time, bug free and not jack up the price with DLC that should be on disc for free.

Cunts.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console"   "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:10 am

chobo500 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

why not?

Should be obvious. Although originally I was gonna buy Crysis 2 new until I realized that there was hidden DLC on the fucking disk.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

"Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console" 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console"   "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 3:02 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
chobo500 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

why not?

Should be obvious. Although originally I was gonna buy Crysis 2 new until I realized that there was hidden DLC on the fucking disk.

Really? great. first Capcom and now EA.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console"   "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:13 pm

EA has been doing it for ages now.

Last year they did the same thing with Mass Effect 2's "Cerberus Network." Making the "DLC on disc" exclusive to those that bought Mass Effect 2 new.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Merchant
Merchant
Shin_Akuma

Stature : 1

PostSubject: Re: "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console"   "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:09 pm

The network settings that consoles use cant support 64 players. Join the master race. master race even gets free DLC ala call of duty.
24-player max
smaller maps
$10 more

I must say. I feel like a straight G right now knowing that I'm getting the PC version and I can most likely run it maxed out on all settings. .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console"   "Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Battlefield 3 multiplayer maps smaller on console"
Page 1 of 1