Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Sony: PS4 will Launch when Consumers Demand it

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Sony: PS4 will Launch when Consumers Demand it Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Sony: PS4 will Launch when Consumers Demand it Empty
PostSubject: Sony: PS4 will Launch when Consumers Demand it   Sony: PS4 will Launch when Consumers Demand it I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 1:46 pm

Quote :
Sony U.K. Vice President Fergal Gara believes that there is plenty of life left in the PlayStation 3 with such releases as the Wonderbook. Gara said the company won't release their next generation console until the consumers demand it according EGM.

"We don’t take the view that it’s over for current-gen, that’s not the shape of our business," said Gara. "We’re continuing to innovate with the PS3, making it smaller, lighter and offering better value entry-point consoles. There’s been a big engineering push in Tokyo to give it a facelift and a spec revitalization, too, so that’s good to see… We take a longer view of lifecycles than some of the competition."

"There were pros and cons with the PS3 when it launched," admits Gara. "With it being such a high-powered machine it did mean it was quite expensive, but that also meant you could keep pushing it for a lot of time to come."

Sony has lately been focusing less on the hardcore gaming market and more on the casual market. The PlayStation Move was the first sign of this and Wonderbook and Book of Spells is continuing this trend.

"We’re into the world of trying to expand the console to new entrants who maybe considered a console in the past but perhaps thought the price was too high… we’re into that stage of the cycle, of trying to bring in the less committed side of the market and that’s where Wonderbook and Book of Spells will work for us."

"There is healthy competition out there, coming at us from different angles. It’s interesting this year since we all seem to be playing the game a little bit differently. Nintendo in the home console space is launching a new platform where I’m sure they’ll do well," said Gara. "But I don’t see an awful lot that’s new or exciting on the family agenda or in the Kinect space, so I think we have an awful lot of opportunity to bring something to the market, especially for that casual consumer."

"I sense a level of fatigue in the market over games with bigger and bigger budgets. And when some of those bubbles burst people will aspire for something with some more innovation…A lot of people seem to think that current gen is dead – it isn’t dead for us," Gara concluded.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250548/sony-ps4-will-launch-when-consumers-demand-it/
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Sony: PS4 will Launch when Consumers Demand it   Sony: PS4 will Launch when Consumers Demand it I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 2:39 pm

So I guess that "new console" that Bobby Kotick was talking about releasing next year is the new Xbox.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony: PS4 will Launch when Consumers Demand it R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Sony: PS4 will Launch when Consumers Demand it   Sony: PS4 will Launch when Consumers Demand it I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 3:00 pm

The title is misleading. They're basically saying that Sony still supports the PS3 all the way. This doesn't mean Sony isn't developing the PS4 at all. A lot of developers have already started working on the PS4, so there is no reason to doubt anymore.

Sony is only saying stuff like this to shut everyone the fuck up, so that we can continue buying PS3s.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Sony: PS4 will Launch when Consumers Demand it   Sony: PS4 will Launch when Consumers Demand it I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 3:02 pm

I'm in no mood to cough out 400 or 500 bucks any time soon anyways.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony: PS4 will Launch when Consumers Demand it   Sony: PS4 will Launch when Consumers Demand it I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony: PS4 will Launch when Consumers Demand it
Page 1 of 1