Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Ops 2 PS3: Freezing, Servers Not Available & 'Need More Players'

Go down 
+2
Mecha
yonny616
6 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Black Ops 2 PS3: Freezing, Servers Not Available & 'Need More Players' PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Black Ops 2 PS3: Freezing, Servers Not Available & 'Need More Players' Empty
PostSubject: Black Ops 2 PS3: Freezing, Servers Not Available & 'Need More Players'   Black Ops 2 PS3: Freezing, Servers Not Available & 'Need More Players' I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 7:15 pm

It seems ever since MS and Activision made their deal, PS3 versions are getting the short end of the stick. :truestory:
Black Ops 2 PS3: Freezing, Servers Not Available & 'Need More Players' Black-ops-2-official-logo-595x364
Quote :
It's not even been a full 24 hours yet and already the PS3 version of Black Ops 2 seems to be plagued with problems.

It's almost a case of history repeating itself, since the PS3 version of the original Black Ops had a number of platform exclusive issues that just didn't seem to get fixed, at least not for a while.

One of the major issues seems to be regular freezing. A lot of members of the official Call Of Duty forums are reporting freezing when updating the game, playing in single-player, when loading a game in multiplayer or at the end of a game.

Freezes have even been reported when creating an emblem.

Sound issues seem to be affecting a smaller group of players too, more commonly in Zombies mode where sound glitches or just cuts out entirely.

Others are unable to connect to a game - or even multiplayer at all - being met with the error message "servers not available" whenever they do. One player even reports having been unable to play online even after trying to do so for four hours.

He's got more patience than us.

Bizarrely some players are reporting being told that "more players are needed to balance teams", even when in full lobbies.

It seems no attempts to fix the issues by users - such as deleting and redownload update information - has solved any of the issues either.

David Vonderhaar has commented on the forum, however, acknowledging that these issues have been noted but nothing can be done until the dev team can "repro" - i.e. reproduce - the issues in a development environment.

"Not everyone has an issue with the PS3 freezing," claims Vonderhaar, "I'm a paltry level 10, but have not frozen once."

We'll continue to follow these issues to see how - if at all - the problem evolves. Meanwhile, let us know if you're having any different issues in the comments below and we'll add them to the story.

Oh, and if you do have issues don't forget to report them to Activision's Call Of Duty support page.
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1677487/black_ops_2_ps3_freezing_servers_not_available_need_more_players.html
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Black Ops 2 PS3: Freezing, Servers Not Available & 'Need More Players' R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops 2 PS3: Freezing, Servers Not Available & 'Need More Players'   Black Ops 2 PS3: Freezing, Servers Not Available & 'Need More Players' I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 7:28 pm

Its working fine for me...
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops 2 PS3: Freezing, Servers Not Available & 'Need More Players'   Black Ops 2 PS3: Freezing, Servers Not Available & 'Need More Players' I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 7:58 pm

Black Ops 2 PS3: Freezing, Servers Not Available & 'Need More Players' 16124097
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops 2 PS3: Freezing, Servers Not Available & 'Need More Players'   Black Ops 2 PS3: Freezing, Servers Not Available & 'Need More Players' I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 8:07 pm

Not surprised at all, same thing happened with Black Ops I on PS3.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops 2 PS3: Freezing, Servers Not Available & 'Need More Players'   Black Ops 2 PS3: Freezing, Servers Not Available & 'Need More Players' I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 10:52 am

Could be worse, could be Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops 2 PS3: Freezing, Servers Not Available & 'Need More Players'   Black Ops 2 PS3: Freezing, Servers Not Available & 'Need More Players' I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 12:03 pm

Yeah, ran into a few freeze issues so far. Once when it tried updating. And many other times during game play. It takes about half a minute to go back to normal though. Doesn't completely lock up the system. In fact I'm actually impressed at how well the game runs on the PS3. Treyarch actually nailed the rock solid frame rate online. Game looks blurry as fuck though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops 2 PS3: Freezing, Servers Not Available & 'Need More Players'   Black Ops 2 PS3: Freezing, Servers Not Available & 'Need More Players' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Ops 2 PS3: Freezing, Servers Not Available & 'Need More Players'
Page 1 of 1