Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols

Go down 
+3
Jack the Spectre
The Enkindler
Mecha
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols Empty
PostSubject: UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols   UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:47 am

UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols 78eea610

Quote :
In a survey of UK children’s habits during their summer vacation time, toy manufacturer Galt found many parents are concerned that their children spend too much time gaming.

The survey took in over 2,000 respondents and found that kids average around eight and half hours of video games every week.

The gaming time is part of the 12 solid days, on average, that kids spend in front of a screen of some kind over their summer holidays.

One sixth of parents say that their children are in constant possession of a games console, and “64% of parents would like their children to play traditional non electronic games rather than contemporary video games”.

Additionally, 12.5% of kids have an iPad and on average, each has £581 worth of electronics in their bedroom.

Gosh it certainly sounds like a fair bit of gaming and telly watching is going on, although I’m no judge of what’s too much. But what’s this? Six in ten parents “regularly put their children in front of the TV as there is nothing else to do”.

Welp. Hit this link for an infographic of results.

Thanks, GamePolitics.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols   UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:31 am

I bet that those 64% are Parents who haven't played a single game in their entire life.
8 hours a week?! pfft
That's not too much at all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols   UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:35 am

Eight hours a week is nothing. That's a little over an hour a day.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols   UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 11:28 am

That's GOOD news, not bad. Eight hours is nothing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols   UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 2:45 pm

Teckno wrote:
That's GOOD news, not bad. Eight hours is nothing.

Just means more time for underrage drinking.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols   UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:35 pm

Lol 8 hours is fuck all, now sitting in school for 30 hours a week learning useless shit that you simply do not use in your working life...now THAT is concerning.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols   UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:57 pm

You want to know what else? It only takes like less than three or four months to learn most of the shit you go through to your years in school.

Math really isn't that hard as it seems. It's annoying yes, but you might be shocked by how easy math is if you actually study it yourself. Teachers only make things harder for you.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols   UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:48 pm

Mecha wrote:
You want to know what else? It only takes like less than three or four months to learn most of the shit you go through to your years in school.

Math really isn't that hard as it seems. It's annoying yes, but you might be shocked by how easy math is if you actually study it yourself. Teachers only make things harder for you.
IMO the only important things you need to know about math are the basic stuff(Plus, Minus, Multiply and Divide), screw the rest.
I still remember my time at high school when the professor was giving us problems that were almost impossible to solve.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols   UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 7:08 pm

Fractions and Percents are also important as well. It's Algebra that you won't need later on in life. Though ironically, I find Algebra slightly easier than Fractions and Percents.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols   UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 7:22 pm

Mecha wrote:
Fractions and Percents are also important as well. It's Algebra that you won't need later on in life. Though ironically, I find Algebra slightly easier than Fractions and Percents.

What you say is really true. I took a math course 4 years ago and have never needed it since.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols   UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:55 pm

The people who complain over this are idiots. 8 hours is absolutely fucking nothing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols   UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UK kids play eight hours of games each week during hols
Page 1 of 1