Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Nature Sig!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheStaticFox
Villager
Villager
TheStaticFox

Stature : 1

Nature Sig! Empty
PostSubject: Nature Sig!   Nature Sig! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:18 pm

Ok so im working on a nature sig. Looks like this so far:
Nature Sig! X56qmg

It originally started as just a boring picture of a water fall. now I've kinda run out of idea's and i dont know what to add. It seems kinda empty(I'm going to add text later). Any ideas? Feedback is much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Nature Sig! XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Nature Sig! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature Sig!   Nature Sig! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:32 pm

The main problem with this sig is that it lacks a focal point. For example, your current sig has a render. Right now I'm focused on the render.

Your nature sig has no focal point so it really just looks like a background. Typically, the abstract / renderless sigs are much harder to do and require more skill and practice with your image software of choice.
Back to top Go down
TheStaticFox
Villager
Villager
TheStaticFox

Nature Sig! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature Sig!   Nature Sig! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:04 pm

So what if i moved the bird more to the middle. Feel like I cant make it bigger cause it would take up to much space.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Nature Sig! StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

Nature Sig! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature Sig!   Nature Sig! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:06 pm

All you can do is try to blend in that bird so it looks like that it is part of the scene. Kinda looks like it is just pasted on lol. Prob also game throw in some c4ds for effect.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Nature Sig! XidKdMN
New York

Nature Sig! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature Sig!   Nature Sig! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:29 pm

Everything Padders said, plus some color maps. Can't go wrong with color maps.
Back to top Go down
TheStaticFox
Villager
Villager
TheStaticFox

Nature Sig! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature Sig!   Nature Sig! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:33 pm

I Actually have a bunch of colour maps and a few cd4s on it. want me to like the original background? i think ill move it to the middle and blend it more. Ill have to redo a bunch of layers tho =(. thx for the help guys!
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Nature Sig! XidKdMN
New York

Nature Sig! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature Sig!   Nature Sig! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:34 pm

TheStaticFox wrote:
I Actually have a bunch of colour maps and a few cd4s on it. want me to like the original background? i think ill move it to the middle and blend it more. Ill have to redo a bunch of layers tho =(. thx for the help guys!
If you do have color maps and C4Ds, you need to add more or make them more noticeable.
Back to top Go down
TheStaticFox
Villager
Villager
TheStaticFox

Nature Sig! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature Sig!   Nature Sig! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:44 pm

Question how would u say i should go about blending the render in with the background?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Nature Sig! XidKdMN
New York

Nature Sig! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature Sig!   Nature Sig! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:53 pm

For starters, make their colors closer together.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Nature Sig! StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

Nature Sig! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature Sig!   Nature Sig! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:56 pm

Use selective colour on the render.
Back to top Go down
TheStaticFox
Villager
Villager
TheStaticFox

Nature Sig! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature Sig!   Nature Sig! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:09 am

Ok so i made some changes from the last one. i moved and made the render bigger. I also changed its colour, added a c4d over the waterfall(i had one the fit perfect =) just took away bits that were against the flow) and added a second small bubble effect thats only slightly noticeable. I will also link the original background: http://openwalls.com/image/7740/tropical_rainforest_waterfall_1440x900.jpg
Nature Sig! Nyefjo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nature Sig! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature Sig!   Nature Sig! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nature Sig!
Page 1 of 1