Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to enjoy our General Gaming, and Off-Topic (except Debates and Archives) categories at the following links:
http://www.g7gaming.net/c6-general-gaming
http://www.g7gaming.net/c7-off-topic

Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.

Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Bully is Rockstar's best game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

Stature : 173
England Male
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:41 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

Have there been games before GTA that allowed you to step into the role of a criminal, steal an ambulance, and proceed to rescue injured civilians or step into a fire truck and put out a fire?

YOUR SIGNATURE IS MAKING ME WANT TO PLAY POKEMON. STOP IT x_x

The first GTA games were innovative yes. Today GTA offers nothing new to the table. Every game since GTA 3 has been virtually the same. Just better graphics and new areas and now nearly every other sandbox games offers the GTA experience just as well, if not better (give or take a few features).

Bully, there was only ever one game, there's not been a game like it since by Rockstar or any other company for that matter. It is the only game that puts you in the shoes of a schoolkid, simulates a living, breathing school and gives you freedom to interact with anything and interact with it the way you like.

HAHA then play Pokemon goddamnit!

Last edited by Lykos on Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wolfyreviews.webs.com
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father

Stature : 261
Male
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Okay, Bully is unique, no game like it right.

But if we go with just that, how does it make it Rockstars best game? Personally, I think getting on a horse, saving damsels in distress, have a western showdown is a lot funner than punching a random kid. Just cause it's innovative doesn't make it the best.

The best part of waking up, is Folgers in your cup!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.g7gaming.net
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast

Stature : 91
LittleBigP Male
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:50 pm

Lykos wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

Have there been games before GTA that allowed you to step into the role of a criminal, steal an ambulance, and proceed to rescue injured civilians or step into a fire truck and put out a fire?

YOUR SIGNATURE IS MAKING ME WANT TO PLAY POKEMON. STOP IT x_x

The first GTA games were innovative yes. Today GTA offers nothing new to the table. Every game since GTA 3 has been virtually the same. Just better graphics and new areas and now nearly every other sandbox games offers the GTA experience just as well, if not better (give or take a few features).

Bully, there was only ever one game, there's not been a game like it since by Rockstar or any other company for that matter. It is the only game that puts you in the shoes of a schoolkid, simulates a living, breathing school and gives you freedom to interact with anything and interact with it the way you like.

HAHA then play Pokemon goddamnit!

GTA IV was one of, if not the first game to offer a living, breathing city/community. Ever read that article about the guy that played the game as a nice guy, obeying all the traffic rules? He wrote about how people had actual conversations and whatnot. I can't imagine a game as massive as GTAIV having completely unimportant and irrelevant AI have their own conversations.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

England Male

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:52 pm

Teckno wrote:
Okay, Bully is unique, no game like it right.

But if we go with just that, how does it make it Rockstars best game? Personally, I think getting on a horse, saving damsels in distress, have a western showdown is a lot funner than punching a random kid. Just cause it's innovative doesn't make it the best.

Red Dead was a lot less innovative and EVERYTHING it had to offer (besides incredible graphics and a large map) had been done before (and imo better) by GUN. Red Dead also suffered the same problems GTA IV suffered from which is sloppy control without analog sensitivity, basic interactions, bland locations, generic randomized npc's with no individual personalities and by the end of the game you've discovered virtually everything there is to see and there's nothing interesting to do except achievement hunting.

Bully on the other hand has my favourite control scheme & character movement of any Rockstar game, mind-blowing interactivity (no joke, when playing the game you think of something you'd like to do and most often you can do it), a smaller but much more memorable and varied map with some really cool locations, a set number of NPC's each with their own behavior/personalities and who you can treat any way you like and lots of secrets and unlockables to collect at the end of the game. And what's weird is although I have completed the game numerous times (probably 5 or so times) so have possibly spent more hundreds of hours on it than any other game, but I still hear new bits of dialogue I've never heard before and discover new things I didn't know before (like I only learned a few months ago that there's one gay guy in every clique who you can romance). Rockstar thought everything out for this game. It's a shame so many people haven't given it a try and those that did couldn't play it to the end because of the lack of guns and blood :derp:

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

England Male

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:59 pm

Quote :
GTA IV was one of, if not the first game to offer a living, breathing city/community. Ever read that article about the guy that played the game as a nice guy, obeying all the traffic rules? He wrote about how people had actual conversations and whatnot. I can't imagine a game as massive as GTAIV having completely unimportant and irrelevant AI have their own conversations.

Oh god. Have you not played Bully? Because it has exactly that, but done so much better.

Every individual has their own UNIQUE script of dialogue. There is never two NPC's that look alike (aside from the police actually... if I remember correctly), each character has their own name, voice actor, and personality and clique and hang out spot (but of course you'll see them throughout different parts of the town on occasion). In fact every character looks entirely different and you can treat them in a positive or negative way and they'll respond accordingly. The more they like you or hate you, the different their responses will be. You might be minding your own business, walking down a corridoor and you'll see someone bully someone else or bully you or break a rule, then you might see someone get revenge or a prefect stop them. Or you might see people go into their locker to get their book and go to their lesson. Or you'll hear girls gossiping and guys having a convo. ETC. It's done to perfection.

Bully was incredible and still is.

Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast

LittleBigP Male

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:01 pm

^^

If I'm not mistaken, GTAIV is a much bigger map/world than Bully is.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

England Male

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:40 pm

Er yes... of course... why does that matter?

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

Stature : 309
New York Male
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:53 pm

Lykos is just failing right now.

Three-time consecutive winner of G7's Member of the Year Award. Obtained the love of everyone on the planet, except for my parents.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast

LittleBigP Male

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:03 pm

Lykos wrote:
Er yes... of course... why does that matter?

If I'm also not mistaken, previous Grand Theft Auto games have done the same..... Bully just took what GTA had already done. lol @ GTA3 copied Driver, btw.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

England Male

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:28 pm

Oh god I'm facepalming so hard. Especially at Jack's lame interventions.

It really aint that hard to understand kids. Maybe if any of you actually played Bully you wouldn't be arguing about something you've only seen screenshots of.
It's like talking to this kid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7RgN9ijwE4

GTA:

Randomly generated AI
Randomized personalities (so no personality basically.. just dialogue lines picked randomly)
Less voice actors
Simplistic conversations (wasn't even real conversations in the older GTA games)
Options to interact with civilians: aggressive

BULLY

Individually uniquely designed NPC's
Individual voice actor for each character
Unique script for each character
Individual personality, behavior and traits
Proper conversations among NPC's
Options to talk in a friendly way, talk in an unpleasant way, give gifts, kiss, or interact through the use of object/hotspot combinations

Does it make sense now?

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Why do you think that is? The characters in Bully are more unique because there are much LESS of them. Creating different personalities for each AI in GTA would be nearly impossible.

You are comparing two different situations.

Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast

LittleBigP Male

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:43 pm

^^

*Randomly generated AI, and a shitton of "real" AI. No shit there are going to be randomly generated AI in a world as big as Grand Theft Auto. Do we even have the tech to do otherwise?

*This is the same fucking complaint as above.

*Again, no shit there are going to be less voice actors when there are a shitton more AI in GTA than in Bully

*lul, this is the shittiest complaint. You're scrapping for things here.

GTA:

Massive open-world
A wide variety of vehicles/weapons. (lul, I can't wait for you to compare a skateboard to a Ferrari)
Ridiculously engaging storyline that lasts upwards of 40 hours (see: GTAIV)
Amazing cheat codes (see: GTA: San Andreas)
GTA's protagonists/antagonists > Bully. This isn't even a close one here, buddy.
Plenty of side-missions (hop in a cop car and arrest enemy gangs, hop in an ambulance to save civilians, etc.)

Shit, son. The vehicles alone are reason enough for us to enjoy GTA more than Bully.

All your pros for BULLY in the above post are petty at best.

I lol @ you calling Bully "so innovative" and whatnot when in reality, without the creation of the masterpiece of a franchise such as Grand Theft Auto, Bully would not even exist.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

England Male

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:50 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

*Randomly generated AI, and a shitton of "real" AI. No shit there are going to be randomly generated AI in a world as big as Grand Theft Auto. Do we even have the tech to do otherwise?

*This is the same fucking complaint as above.

*Again, no shit there are going to be less voice actors when there are a shitton more AI in GTA than in Bully

*lul, this is the shittiest complaint. You're scrapping for things here.

GTA:

Massive open-world
A wide variety of vehicles/weapons. (lul, I can't wait for you to compare a skateboard to a Ferrari)
Ridiculously engaging storyline that lasts upwards of 40 hours (see: GTAIV)
Amazing cheat codes (see: GTA: San Andreas)
GTA's protagonists/antagonists > Bully. This isn't even a close one here, buddy.
Plenty of side-missions (hop in a cop car and arrest enemy gangs, hop in an ambulance to save civilians, etc.)

Shit, son. The vehicles alone are reason enough for us to enjoy GTA more than Bully.

All your pros for BULLY in the above post are petty at best.

I lol @ you calling Bully "so innovative" and whatnot when in reality, without the creation of the masterpiece of a franchise such as Grand Theft Auto, Bully would not even exist.

Yeah, but that's the point isn't it. Rockstar always bites off more than they can chew with GTA. Incredible graphics, massive world... but practically plays like it did 10 years ago. GTA is a flash over substance game. Bully is the opposite. Everything about it is understated..even its graphics were not good for the time. I didn't even know you could leave the school when I bought the game! But the game itself has so much more scope and depth.

You can go through defending GTA because it has a larger world... but it's all about the gameplay. A large map =/= gameplay. All a large map is, is a larger playground.

Wait, now you have ignored the point what we were focusing on... which was the actual NPC's. Now you're listing things that make GTA great as a whole. Hahahaha! Oh dear.

Before I respond, please tell me, have you played Bully for more than, say, 5 hours?

Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast

LittleBigP Male

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:52 pm

^^

I already responded to your AI posts.

What's wrong with GTA's gameplay? Immersive and FUN.

(I actually wanted you to reply with Bully's pros.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

England Male

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:59 pm

No you simply defended GTA's NPC inferiority by saying it has a bigger map. But yeah you've basically admitted defeat in that department "yes it has a bigger map so it doesnt matter that the npcs are shit and boring and you cant do much to them other than kill them".

Moving on.

Name how GTA's gameplay has evolved since GTA 3. Flying vehicles. wow. Anything else?
Clearly not very much.

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

Stature : 309
New York Male
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:14 pm

No, Lykos, he's saying that because GTA has a huge world, not every single NPC is gonna be meticulously crafted. There are still plenty of NPCs with personality, but they can't create a zillion unique NPCs.

Bully is just GTA: Kiddie Edition. I don't know how you can't see that, Lykos. Bully's gameplay is just a neutered version of GTA's gameplay.

Three-time consecutive winner of G7's Member of the Year Award. Obtained the love of everyone on the planet, except for my parents.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

England Male

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:23 pm

It's over Jack. We've ended it on the chatbox. Leave it.

But that being said, gta kiddie edition?

Someone really needs to play the game.

Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu

Stature : 242
Male
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:20 pm

Lykos wrote:

Name how GTA's gameplay has evolved since GTA 3. Flying vehicles. wow. Anything else?
Clearly not very much.
You can have sex with a hooker and kill her later to get your money back.

Tits are life

ass is hometown
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy Male
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:32 pm

^^ Just Awesome... Awesome

"A few honest men are better than numbers."

-Oliver Cromwell
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

England Male

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:00 am

Padders wrote:
Lykos wrote:

Clearly not very much.

You can give a guy or girl some flowers so you can get a kiss, then you can beat them up to steal em back.

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:02 pm

Lykos wrote:
Padders wrote:
Lykos wrote:

Clearly not very much.

You can give a guy or girl some flowers so you can get a kiss, then you can beat them up to steal em back.

TheCinemaJack wrote:

Bully is just GTA: Kiddie Edition.

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss

Stature : 176
The Gutter Male
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:15 pm

Teckno wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Padders wrote:
Lykos wrote:

Clearly not very much.

TheCinemaJack wrote:

Oh Teck, that was beautiful. Just an observation, not ganging up on ya Lykos! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

England Male

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:10 pm

Stoney wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Padders wrote:
Lykos wrote:

Clearly not very much.

TheCinemaJack wrote:

Oh Teck, that was beautiful. Just an observation, not ganging up on ya Lykos! Razz

Haha no that was a great, admittedly.

Fuck you Teck Razz

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:40 pm

:content:

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

England Male

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:57 pm

After completing GTA V I still stand by this. Bully is Rockstar's best game.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   

Back to top Go down

Bully is Rockstar's best game
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Generation7 - Gaming :: Off-Topic :: Debate Section-
Jump to: