Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to enjoy our General Gaming, and Off-Topic (except Debates and Archives) categories at the following links:
http://www.g7gaming.net/c6-general-gaming
http://www.g7gaming.net/c7-off-topic

Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.


Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games
 
HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Bully is Rockstar's best game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
avatar

Stature : 173
England Male
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:30 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Kendo likes the game because he gets to be the bully for once.

Genuinely lol'd.



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wolfyreviews.webs.com
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
avatar

Stature : 109
U.S.A. Male
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:10 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Kendo likes the game because he gets to be the bully for once.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
avatar


Stature : 309
New York Male
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:36 pm



Three-time consecutive winner of G7's Member of the Year Award. Obtained the love of everyone on the planet, except for my parents.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quitelikeican
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
avatar

Stature : 0
Closed Space Male

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:46 pm

How did I miss me getting insulted here too? XD


You underestimate my power!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://inuboy1000.webs.com/
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
avatar

Stature : 173
England Male
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:53 pm

coz you're gay


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wolfyreviews.webs.com
CleverCatchPhrase
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss


Stature : 40
Female

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:05 pm

Bully was/is a great game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
avatar

Stature : 173
England Male
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:32 am

CleverCatchPhrase wrote:
Bully was/is a great game.

And anyone who says otherwise is a cunt.


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wolfyreviews.webs.com
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
avatar


Stature : 309
New York Male
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:33 pm

CCP has a vagina and also likes Bully. We can conclude that Bully is a casual game. Case dismissed.


Three-time consecutive winner of G7's Member of the Year Award. Obtained the love of everyone on the planet, except for my parents.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
avatar

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy Male
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:11 am

Conclusion and evaluation of "Bully".

Its a casual run of the mill sandbox(ish) game.

GTA blows it out of the ocean...


:lulzsec:



"A few honest men are better than numbers."

-Oliver Cromwell
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
avatar

Stature : 173
England Male
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:38 am

Calls Bully, a unique and controversial game, "run-of-the-mill" and "casual"

Yet praises a generic game that has a bigger girl and kid player fan-base

Games like GTA:











Games like Bully.
...
..
...

I rest my case


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wolfyreviews.webs.com
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
avatar


Stature : 414
Male

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:45 am

Lykos, that just proves that GTA was innovative enough to spawn rip-offs, while Bully wasn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
avatar

Stature : 91
LittleBigP Male
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:54 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Lykos, that just proves that GTA was innovative enough to spawn rip-offs, while Bully wasn't.

Exactly. GTA didn't copy any of those games -- those games copied GTA. That's like saying The Legend of Zelda is bad because it spawned so many games that copied its style.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
avatar

Stature : 109
U.S.A. Male
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:03 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Lykos, that just proves that GTA was innovative enough to spawn rip-offs, while Bully wasn't.

THIS!!!! Best comment I've ever seen you make.


Last edited by Duke on Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
avatar

Stature : 173
England Male
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:10 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Lykos, that just proves that GTA was innovative enough to spawn rip-offs, while Bully wasn't.

Actually Grand Theft Auto 3 was a rip-off of Driver if you really want to get into it. When Driver 1 and 2 came out, Grand Theft Auto was still a top down game and then when ps2 came out, Rockstar took the Driver style and brought us gta3. So much for innovation.

And it is just a popular game style, which is why rip-offs were made. Does popular always mean good?

You tell me...




Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wolfyreviews.webs.com
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
avatar

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy Male
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:42 pm

Lykos wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Lykos, that just proves that GTA was innovative enough to spawn rip-offs, while Bully wasn't.
Rockstar took the Driver style and brought us gta3. So much for innovation.

Yet Driver was still had Vehicular gameplay. Besides, you "could" Driver defined the use of 3D engine gaming for every game on the planet... but i doubt that.

kinda rash statement lykos saying that because driver really copied off GTA but just used a 3D Engine.



"A few honest men are better than numbers."

-Oliver Cromwell
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
avatar

Stature : 173
England Male
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:01 pm

Franko wrote:
Lykos wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Lykos, that just proves that GTA was innovative enough to spawn rip-offs, while Bully wasn't.
Rockstar took the Driver style and brought us gta3. So much for innovation.

Yet Driver was still had Vehicular gameplay. Besides, you "could" Driver defined the use of 3D engine gaming for every game on the planet... but i doubt that.

kinda rash statement lykos saying that because driver really copied off GTA but just used a 3D Engine.

As stated in the chatbox, they stole the concept but completely re-invented the gameplay.
Then gta 3 stole the gameplay and added in guns.
Gta 3 is better, yes, but isn't innovative


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wolfyreviews.webs.com
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
avatar


Stature : 242
Male
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:36 pm

Lykos wrote:
Franko wrote:
Lykos wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Lykos, that just proves that GTA was innovative enough to spawn rip-offs, while Bully wasn't.
Rockstar took the Driver style and brought us gta3. So much for innovation.

Yet Driver was still had Vehicular gameplay. Besides, you "could" Driver defined the use of 3D engine gaming for every game on the planet... but i doubt that.

kinda rash statement lykos saying that because driver really copied off GTA but just used a 3D Engine.

As stated in the chatbox, they stole the concept but completely re-invented the gameplay.
Then gta 3 stole the gameplay and added in guns.
Gta 3 is better, yes, but isn't innovative
Saying that GTA ripped the 3D from Driver is an ignorant claim in-and-of itself. Its like saying that Dragon Quest ripped off Dungeons & Dragons games and Final Fantasy ripped off Dragon Quest.



Tits are life

ass is hometown
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
avatar


Stature : 194
Male

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:30 pm

Driver style was innovative, before it became popular.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
avatar

Stature : 173
England Male
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:04 am

Padders wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Franko wrote:
Lykos wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Lykos, that just proves that GTA was innovative enough to spawn rip-offs, while Bully wasn't.
Rockstar took the Driver style and brought us gta3. So much for innovation.

Yet Driver was still had Vehicular gameplay. Besides, you "could" Driver defined the use of 3D engine gaming for every game on the planet... but i doubt that.

kinda rash statement lykos saying that because driver really copied off GTA but just used a 3D Engine.

As stated in the chatbox, they stole the concept but completely re-invented the gameplay.
Then gta 3 stole the gameplay and added in guns.
Gta 3 is better, yes, but isn't innovative
Saying that GTA ripped the 3D from Driver is an ignorant claim in-and-of itself. Its like saying that Dragon Quest ripped off Dungeons & Dragons games and Final Fantasy ripped off Dragon Quest.


Mate, GTA had made 3 top down games. For all we know, GTA 3 would have been top down too. But it was the company who made Driver that showed an open world game, on-foot with car theft and such is possible. They were the first to do it. Whether Rockstar ripped it off or not, gta 3 was not innovative. And that is the point I am trying to make, considering someone started off by acting as if Bully is the one of the two that isn't innovative.


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wolfyreviews.webs.com
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
avatar

Stature : 91
LittleBigP Male
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:10 pm

^^

But..... Bully isn't innovative either.....?


Back to top Go down
View user profile
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
avatar


Stature : 414
Male

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:16 pm

Lykos wrote:
Padders wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Franko wrote:
Lykos wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Lykos, that just proves that GTA was innovative enough to spawn rip-offs, while Bully wasn't.
Rockstar took the Driver style and brought us gta3. So much for innovation.

Yet Driver was still had Vehicular gameplay. Besides, you "could" Driver defined the use of 3D engine gaming for every game on the planet... but i doubt that.

kinda rash statement lykos saying that because driver really copied off GTA but just used a 3D Engine.

As stated in the chatbox, they stole the concept but completely re-invented the gameplay.
Then gta 3 stole the gameplay and added in guns.
Gta 3 is better, yes, but isn't innovative
Saying that GTA ripped the 3D from Driver is an ignorant claim in-and-of itself. Its like saying that Dragon Quest ripped off Dungeons & Dragons games and Final Fantasy ripped off Dragon Quest.


Mate, GTA had made 3 top down games. For all we know, GTA 3 would have been top down too. But it was the company who made Driver that showed an open world game, on-foot with car theft and such is possible. They were the first to do it. Whether Rockstar ripped it off or not, gta 3 was not innovative. And that is the point I am trying to make, considering someone started off by acting as if Bully is the one of the two that isn't innovative.

I never said it wasn't innovative. YOU implied it. YOU said it. Again, I never said GTA was innovative. I merely commented on the fact that YOU implied that it did.

Mate, whether or not GTA ripped-off from DRIVER doesn't matter. They BOTH stole from each other. Correct? Well, GTA simply made it popular and mainstream. They - like in your own words - made it better. While DRIVER may have begun on the concept at first, GTA refined it, stream-lined it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
avatar

Stature : 173
England Male
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:11 pm

"that just shows GTA was innovative"
"I never said it was innovative"

.... Wut


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wolfyreviews.webs.com
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
avatar


Stature : 414
Male

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:39 am

YOU implied it was innovative. All I did was throw a comment:

Lykos, that just proves that GTA was innovative enough to spawn rip-offs, while Bully wasn't.

Again, if you know your English, all I said was that what YOU stated PROVES it was (More) innovative than Bully. I, personally, never stated that it was.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
avatar

Stature : 173
England Male
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:41 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
YOU implied it was innovative. All I did was throw a comment:

Lykos, that just proves that GTA was innovative enough to spawn rip-offs, while Bully wasn't.

Again, if you know your English, all I said was that what YOU stated PROVES it was (More) innovative than Bully. I, personally, never stated that it was.


Either way, it was Franko who originally called Bully run-of-the-mill and I proved it to not be the case. But in fact that gta is the run-of-the-mill one and Bully is unique.


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wolfyreviews.webs.com
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
avatar


Stature : 309
New York Male
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:43 am

Bully is only unique in its setting. Other than that, it's pretty bland and generic. Also lol @ "GTA3 ripped off Driver" . . . just lol.


Three-time consecutive winner of G7's Member of the Year Award. Obtained the love of everyone on the planet, except for my parents.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   

Back to top Go down
 
Bully is Rockstar's best game
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Generation7 - Gaming :: Off-Topic :: Debate Section-
Jump to: