Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Super Smash Bros news!!

Go down 
+2
Mecha
NoelX2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

Super Smash Bros news!! Empty
PostSubject: Super Smash Bros news!!   Super Smash Bros news!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:15 am

Super Smash Bros news!! SuperSmashBrosWallpaper2800

Quote :
It was revealed during today's Nintendo Direct Broadcast that Namco Bandai will be developing the next Super Smash Bros. games alongside Kid Icarus team Sora. The titles were previously announced for Wii U and 3DS. Series creator Masahiro Sakurai will still be heading up the project, which is normally developed by his HAL Laboratory team.

Yoshito Higuchi, who produced Tales of Vesperia, will be the games' director. Namco Bandai's Kenya Kobayashi will be producing the titles. Comment from Sakurai and Kobayashu are to follow soon - stay tuned to IGN for all the latest.
(From IGN)

Honestly, this sounds great. I can't wait.

Can you guys move it to Multiplatform Games since it's on 3DS and Wii U? I forgot about the Wii U.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Super Smash Bros news!! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros news!!   Super Smash Bros news!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:41 am

Namco Bandai? Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros news!!   Super Smash Bros news!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:44 am

Smash Bros. is a fucking awesome series. My favorite fighting game series. This new game is going to shit all over PS all Stars. Brawl was fantastic. I want to see some new 3rd party characters in this game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros news!!   Super Smash Bros news!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:53 am

Wat, they said they started work on it right after they finished Kid Icarus and only now they're getting Namco involved? ok...
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Super Smash Bros news!! XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros news!!   Super Smash Bros news!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:58 am

Duke wrote:
This new game is going to shit all over PS all Stars.
Not if it's anything like Brawl. :fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros news!!   Super Smash Bros news!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:09 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Duke wrote:
Not if it's anything like Brawl. :fuckthat:

WHAT???? BLASPHEMY!!!!! Brawl was the best in the series. Huge selection of characters, awesome campaign mode, and lots of collectibles to earn. Great game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Super Smash Bros news!! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros news!!   Super Smash Bros news!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:17 pm

The only problem I had with Brawl was I couldn't get use to the Wii controllers. It was very awkward to play with.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros news!!   Super Smash Bros news!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:23 pm

Lykos wrote:
Wat, they said they started work on it right after they finished Kid Icarus and only now they're getting Namco involved? ok...
And Project Sora is helping them out. They need more people.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros news!!   Super Smash Bros news!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:36 pm

Duke wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:
Duke wrote:
Not if it's anything like Brawl. Super Smash Bros news!! 3111512328

WHAT???? BLASPHEMY!!!!! Brawl was the best in the series. Huge selection of characters, awesome campaign mode, and lots of collectibles to earn. Great game.
Brawl got boring really fast. The palette swaps really bugged me. By that I mean they had the same character but they just gave him a different skin and called him something else to boost the roster. Melee did the same thing, but not to the same degree as Brawl.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros news!!   Super Smash Bros news!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:56 pm

^
In Melee technically Ganondorf and Captain Falcon were the same but with different skins and well yeah, palletes, but they altered the speed and strength of the attacks so it didn't really matter.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros news!!   Super Smash Bros news!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:31 pm

Also Fox, Falco, and Wolf. All the same. And then Roy/Ike and Marth. And then there's Toon Link and Link.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Super Smash Bros news!! 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros news!!   Super Smash Bros news!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 2:06 pm

Not to the same degree as Brawl?

Dr. Mario

Pichu

Roy

Gannondorf

young link

Luigi

Falco

Those were all blatent clones of other characters

in Brawk

Luigi

Toon Link

Falco

Lucas

Gannondorf

Wolf

They are about even with the pallet swaps, but in Brawl, the mechanics that are used are substantially different, Luigi has his green missile and tornado attack, his fire ball goes straight, and his final smash in completely diffetent to Mario's. I could go in explaining the differences, but That would take forever

BTW, Marth and Ike are NOT CLONES! They have different sets of attacks, different speeds, different powers, and final smashes.

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros news!!   Super Smash Bros news!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 2:31 pm

Differences in Final Smashes mean nothing. Those are just animations.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros news!!   Super Smash Bros news!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 2:46 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Differences in Final Smashes mean nothing. Those are just animations.

True, but it's not the only difference. There are many more.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros news!!   Super Smash Bros news!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 2:52 pm

Different attack speeds? That's just lazy. The game pretty much has a small set of characters and just with slight alterations between each one to boost the roster. That's why I like the first game the most. Each character was fully unique.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros news!!   Super Smash Bros news!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 3:25 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Different attack speeds? That's just lazy. The game pretty much has a small set of characters and just with slight alterations between each one to boost the roster. That's why I like the first game the most. Each character was fully unique.

Like I said, there are way more differences in how they are used! There are just way to many to list

Melee had more Unique characters?

Oh yeah, Dr. Mario was so Unique, Not! He was exactly the same as Mario! Luigi was also a Mario Clone, but he had some unique attacks. Dr. Mario had none. they were literally just Mario's moves re-skinned with no changes what so ever. And don't even get me started on Pichu and Roy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros news!!   Super Smash Bros news!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros news!!
Page 1 of 1