Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 10 GBA games?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Top 10 GBA games? Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 GBA games?   Top 10 GBA games? I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 6:41 am

Breath of Fire 2
Top 10 GBA games? Breath1gba_006-large
Let's face it, it's not easy for a developer to make a game on a gameboy be emotional. They succeeded with BOF2 and its unique characters, intruiging narrative and such keeps you gripped.

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars
Top 10 GBA games? Broken_sword_349179
Sure, it looked a lot uglier than the PC counterpart but ultimately the handheld offered the full experience of the best BS game with its only flaws being a slightly problematic control scheme and the lack of voice acting (which was incredible).

The Lord of the Rings trilogy
Top 10 GBA games? 6514_2004-03-22_01_640w
Okay I'm cheating a bit by putting 3 games in one, but honestly, Lord of the Rings offered me so many hours of undeniable fun. The first game played out like an rpg with turn based battles and such, the next two were more fast-pace hack n' slash games. All of which were incredibly enjoyable, had a nice soundtrack and even nice visuals for a handheld game, like whether you're in rivendell, moria, minas tirith or lothlorien.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Top 10 GBA games? HNimage3
This was the age of good game tie-ins for films. The Chamber of Secrets had 5 completely different versions made, all of which were of a good standard at least! My third favourite of these games was the gameboy advance version (over the ps1 and gbc versions). It's just exciting exploring hogwarts on a tiny games system. The graphics were actually quite nice and the music got bloody addictive. There are also so many secrets to uncover!

Mariokart Super Circuit
Top 10 GBA games? March1_kart2_640w
To this day it's impressive how they brought the Mariokart series onto nintendos weak little handheld. It performed so well and the game didn't feel inferior to previous mariokart games. It was a perfect handheld alternative and did not disappoint.

Yoshi's Island
Top 10 GBA games? Super%2BMario%2BWorld%2B2%2BYoshis%2BIsland
This game is just inspiring. The world was a place I could let lost in and not want to leave. The game's beautiful, the storylines adorable, the music is flawlessly good. For a side scroller this game was bloody amazing.

Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance
Top 10 GBA games? Baldursgatedarkalliance_111403_010
A large rpg with a good amount of exploration in an intricate world? Seems it worked just fine on GBA. Admittedly I've never completed the game, but damn it's good. About as deep as an rpg can get on the system.

Pokemon
Top 10 GBA games? Pokemon_-_ruby_version_for_gba-170529-1303106857
Lets be honest... everyone loves pokemon.

Warioware
Top 10 GBA games? 44243-Wario_Ware_Inc_(U)(Precision)-7
Both Warioware Twisted and Warioware Inc are extremely addictive games that provide so much entertainment in as short as 10 seconds and as long as you want.

Stuntman Advance
Top 10 GBA games? Stuntman_gba3
Gotta be honest here, the game is addictive as hell. Car/racing based games don't always work on the gameboy advance but this is sure as hell one game that performs excellently. If you're unfamiliar with the Stuntman formula, it puts you behind the wheel and makes you do chains of stunts for films. This means you'll drive through varied and awesome sets and pull of some ridiculous moves. Advance does a great job of bringing the experience to a handheld.

Winner.....

Not sure. These are all awesome games and there are many others that deserve a mention like Duke Nukem, Sword of Mana and no doubt many others that I've forgotten.

Now.. your turn Top 10 GBA games? 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Top 10 GBA games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 GBA games?   Top 10 GBA games? I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 7:49 am

I assume backwards compability doesn't count? Because i own alot of gameboy color games for it.

10. Rayman 3
Top 10 GBA games? Rayman3gba_screen001

9. Medabots rpg
Top 10 GBA games? 135495_full

8. Pokemon Emerald
Top 10 GBA games? 0

7. Jackie Jan adventures
Top 10 GBA games? 140226_full

6. Metroid fusion
Top 10 GBA games? Boss_eyeball

5. Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azbakan (although i prefer the gameboy color version of chamber of secrets)
Top 10 GBA games? Harry_Potter_and_the_Prisoner_of_Azkaban_GBA_ScreenShot2

4. Kirby nightmare in dreamland
Top 10 GBA games? 5580949101_579ac8f63d

3. Sonic Advance 3
Top 10 GBA games? Sonicadv3gba_004-large

2. Golden Sun

Top 10 GBA games? 160111l2

1. Fire emblem
Top 10 GBA games? Fire_emblem_gba_screenshot_2
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

Top 10 GBA games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 GBA games?   Top 10 GBA games? I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 2:58 pm

Fire Emblem

Pokemon Ruby?Sapphire/Emerald

Advance Wars

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

Mario Pinball

Metroid Fusion

Last edited by NoelX2 on Thu May 31, 2012 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Top 10 GBA games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 GBA games?   Top 10 GBA games? I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:52 pm

Toxic, you must prefer Prisoner of Azkaban coz of the RPG elements right? Razz

And K Noel... guessing you didn't play a lot of GBA...
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

Top 10 GBA games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 GBA games?   Top 10 GBA games? I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:56 pm

Lykos wrote:
Toxic, you must prefer Prisoner of Azkaban coz of the RPG elements right? Razz

And K Noel... guessing you didn't play a lot of GBA...
Yep. Didn't have that much games.
I also edited my list.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Top 10 GBA games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 GBA games?   Top 10 GBA games? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 3:43 pm

It's never too late to get more gba games I love you
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Top 10 GBA games? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Top 10 GBA games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 GBA games?   Top 10 GBA games? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 6:36 pm

01. Super Mario Advance 2
02. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords
03. Golden Sun
04. Donkey Kong Country
05. Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
06. Mario Kart: Super Circuit
07. Fire Emblem
08. Sonic Advance 2
09. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
10. Metroid Fusion

Only one game per series to give the list variety (I consider Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart, and the Mario RPGs to be three separate series).

Last edited by TheCinemaJack on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Top 10 GBA games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 GBA games?   Top 10 GBA games? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 7:06 pm

^
Not too keen on the kirby games myself. I always felt they could be better. Like Yoshis Island, it just had a lot more character. In my opinion of course.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Top 10 GBA games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 GBA games?   Top 10 GBA games? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 7:15 pm

Anybody else?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

Top 10 GBA games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 GBA games?   Top 10 GBA games? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 7:55 pm

Edited my list.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Top 10 GBA games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 GBA games?   Top 10 GBA games? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:09 pm

Got rid of Kirby?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

Top 10 GBA games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 GBA games?   Top 10 GBA games? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:10 pm

Compared to other stuff, it's not as good. But they're still awesome games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Top 10 GBA games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 GBA games?   Top 10 GBA games? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 GBA games?
Page 1 of 1