Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Bad Company 3 and Mirror’s Edge 2 in development?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Bad Company 3 and Mirror’s Edge 2 in development? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Bad Company 3 and Mirror’s Edge 2 in development? Empty
PostSubject: Bad Company 3 and Mirror’s Edge 2 in development?   Bad Company 3 and Mirror’s Edge 2 in development? I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 12:13 pm

Bad Company 3 and Mirror’s Edge 2 in development? Bfbc2g10

Quote :
Battlefield: Bad Company 3 and Mirror’s Edge 2 have both turned up in a variety of LinkedIn profiles, suggesting they may both be currently in development at EA DICE.

One LinkedIn user, Michael Joseph C., states that he “provided video game prototype, design and demo feedback on various AAA titles including the Battlefield: Bad Company 3, Dead Space 2, Devil May Cry 5 and other unannounced titles”, between 2009 and 2011.

Meanwhile, the profile of an ex-EA Software Engineer states that he worked on Mirror’s Edge 2 between July and August 2009, implementing “the wandering of crowd system within Unreal3 engine”.

Another ex-employee says that he was tasked with implementing “new gadgets and interactive features” into Mirror’s Edge 2, including “leaderboards” and a “mini-game embedded into mirror’s edge game story”.

Neither Battlefield: Bad Company 3 or Mirror’s Edge 2 have yet been officially announced by EA or DICE, although both have long been rumoured to be in development.

Last year, EA Games President Frank Gibeau said that the publisher “[hasn’t] killed Mirror’s Edge” and that the studio was “actively looking at how to bring it back in the right way.”

Gibeau also suggested that the game, whenever it does finally materialise, would run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine.

Could we see either of them at next month’s E3? How long is a piece of string?

Source: GamerZines
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company 3 and Mirror’s Edge 2 in development?   Bad Company 3 and Mirror’s Edge 2 in development? I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 12:58 pm

The transition to Frostbite 2 better work. I was surprised when I played NFS The Run. The demo looked like dog shit but that 1 hour full game trial looked great. The screen tearing still bugs me though.

I really hope they can keep that same artistic style with Mirror's Edge 2. It was one of the nicest looking UE3 games I've seen.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company 3 and Mirror’s Edge 2 in development?   Bad Company 3 and Mirror’s Edge 2 in development? I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 10:05 pm

Bad Company 2 was fantastic and Mirrors Edge is easily one of my favourite games this gen, EA would be on their way to attonement if they produced these two games.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company 3 and Mirror’s Edge 2 in development?   Bad Company 3 and Mirror’s Edge 2 in development? I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 5:51 pm

fuck yes. If these two games were confirmed at E3, it would make my day. BFBC2 was much better than BF3 and Mirror's Edge is one of my favorites game this generation. EA can redeem themselves if they make both of these games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company 3 and Mirror’s Edge 2 in development?   Bad Company 3 and Mirror’s Edge 2 in development? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 4:32 pm

Did you basically just re-mix my words and post what i said? lul.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company 3 and Mirror’s Edge 2 in development?   Bad Company 3 and Mirror’s Edge 2 in development? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 7:15 pm

Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:

I was going to say that but I'm used to it by now ..... Bad Company 3 and Mirror’s Edge 2 in development? 725796345
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company 3 and Mirror’s Edge 2 in development?   Bad Company 3 and Mirror’s Edge 2 in development? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 3:35 pm

Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:

Yup. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company 3 and Mirror’s Edge 2 in development?   Bad Company 3 and Mirror’s Edge 2 in development? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad Company 3 and Mirror’s Edge 2 in development?
Page 1 of 1