Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. FilePlanet

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

R.I.P. FilePlanet R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

R.I.P. FilePlanet Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. FilePlanet   R.I.P. FilePlanet I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 5:00 pm

R.I.P. FilePlanet File-p10

Quote :
Gamers go-to file hosting source for over a decade will be shutting down.

According to GameFront, parent company IGN has stated that they, “Believe that the idea of a single-purpose PC download site like FilePlanet is one that, unfortunately, has passed.”

They also noted that everyone who was working at the site has been moved to other projects.

So, if you’ve been storing your old Quake mods over at FilePlanet, now might be a good time to move them.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

R.I.P. FilePlanet XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

R.I.P. FilePlanet Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. FilePlanet   R.I.P. FilePlanet I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 10:22 am

At least the people working at the site get to keep their jobs.
Back to top Go down

R.I.P. FilePlanet
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Generation7 - Gaming :: Game Industry :: Industry News-
Jump to: