Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rumor: Bayonetta 2 cancelled

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Rumor: Bayonetta 2 cancelled Empty
PostSubject: Rumor: Bayonetta 2 cancelled   Rumor: Bayonetta 2 cancelled I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:36 pm

Rumor: Bayonetta 2 cancelled Bayonetta_desktop_1298x756_wallpaper-342432

Quote :
Some bad news for SEGA fans everywhere - SPOnG has heard word that Bayonetta 2 has been cancelled, following the publisher's ongoing restructure.

A source familiar with the situation has told SPOnG that progress on the apparent Platinum Games sequel was halted. The game was to include a new character, in the form of a member of the US military.

While it was not possible to ascertain from our source if Bayonetta 2 had begun development internally, the detail of a potential new character would suggest that plans were at least in a pre-production design stage.

SEGA announced a dramatic restructuring of its Western consumer business last month, following a dismal performance in the last fiscal year. Redundancies hit both the European and American offices, and a number of titles were said to be cancelled internally.

It was feared that Platinum Games' projects - which have been critically well-received but have had little success commercially - would be at risk, with a rumoured sequel to Bayonetta at the top of such a list. The original game was released on Xbox 360 and PS3 in January 2010, to critical acclaim.

SPOnG has asked SEGA about the situation, to the response, "No comment."

http://spong.com/article/26926/Rumour-Bayonetta-2-Has-Been-Cancelled
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Rumor: Bayonetta 2 cancelled XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Bayonetta 2 cancelled   Rumor: Bayonetta 2 cancelled I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:39 pm

I hope the sequel is still going to be made. The first game was one of the best hack n' slash games I'd ever played and easily one of the top 5 games of 2010.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Bayonetta 2 cancelled   Rumor: Bayonetta 2 cancelled I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 9:33 am

Nooooooooo, not my Bayonetta!!!
*Sees the word "Rumor" on the title*
Whew, I still have hope for a sequel.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Bayonetta 2 cancelled   Rumor: Bayonetta 2 cancelled I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 1:15 pm

Well it looks like Bayonetta

(puts on sunglasses)

...got bayonetted.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Rumor: Bayonetta 2 cancelled XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Bayonetta 2 cancelled   Rumor: Bayonetta 2 cancelled I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 1:19 pm

Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:
Well it looks like Bayonetta

(puts on sunglasses)

...got bayonetted.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Less "YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!" and more "MEHHHHHHHHHHHH … "
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Bayonetta 2 cancelled   Rumor: Bayonetta 2 cancelled I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 1:33 pm

Less of your faec and more killin joo's
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Bayonetta 2 cancelled   Rumor: Bayonetta 2 cancelled I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 9:54 pm

Quote :
Here at Addict of Fiction we love two things, comics and boobs. So when the rumour of Bayonetta 2 getting cancelled hit us, we needed to know – is it true?

Now through a lot of pain I managed to get one of my friends that works at SEGA to give me a bit of inside knowledge. Here’s what he had to say:

“SEGA is going through a lot right now, I mean the whole world is basically sailing down the shitter. I worked on the original Bayonetta, and I would love to see a sequel, but we haven’t even announced Bayonetta 2 yet.

Sadly, I can’t tell you anything more than that.”
http://addictoffiction.com/we-havent-announced-bayonetta-2-yet
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Bayonetta 2 cancelled   Rumor: Bayonetta 2 cancelled I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:25 pm

This rumor smells of bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Bayonetta 2 cancelled   Rumor: Bayonetta 2 cancelled I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rumor: Bayonetta 2 cancelled
Page 1 of 1