Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disney to put out more Marvel games soon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Disney to put out more Marvel games soon R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Disney to put out more Marvel games soon Empty
PostSubject: Disney to put out more Marvel games soon   Disney to put out more Marvel games soon I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 5:46 pm

Disney to put out more Marvel games soon Spider11

Quote :
The summer blockbuster movie season officially kicks off with Walt Disney Pictures’ Marvel’s The Avengers on May 4th. Director Joss Whedon has assembled the largest cast of super heroes ever captured on film. And for gamers, there’s no console adventure on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 to expand the story – yet.

“Isn’t there one?  I would assume there are many Avenger’s videogames,” said Whedon. “It’s not like this is a young band of kids that I’m bringing out for the first time.  I was reading this comic when I was 11, so The Avengers predate me.  I’m just trying to keep up with them.”

“In my opinion, the biggest afflictions affecting movie-licensed games is the amount of development time and a strict adherence to retelling the story of the film in the form of a game,” Jefferson told me. “The former is easy to understand — less development time means less time to design, produce and polish the game, resulting in a poor or lesser-quality experience. The latter is a little more subtle, but I can sum it up thusly: If a development team were to follow a film’s plot line to the letter, then you would have a two-hour experience with a bunch of thugs and one boss fight. That’s simply not how we define ‘movie licensed console game,’ now or ever. In order to hit the expected amount of gameplay, you need to embellish, add additional characters, story, subplots and objectives to make a more robust and satisfying experience. That’s where a lot of movie licenses fall down – lack of content.”

It looks like Disney is taking the same steps to ensure that the biggest Marvel super hero movie of all time also gets a decent game, rather than yet another crappy movie adaptation. Also of note, Jefferson said that Sega will no longer be making any more Marvel games. Once Disney bought the comic book giant, they switched all game development to Disney Interactive.

So for now, there’s the free tactical turn-based combat of the Avengers Facebook game, but just around the corner there’s going to be more than just a big budget 3D movie to take in featuring Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Black Widow and Hawkeye. There’s going to be the ultimate Marvel videogame, or so I hope.

Source: Forbes
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Disney to put out more Marvel games soon 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Disney to put out more Marvel games soon   Disney to put out more Marvel games soon I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 5:50 pm

Wonder if they can get Junction Point to make it.

BTW, I wonder what this will mean for Publishers like Activision, Sega and Capcom if Disney want's to make marvel games.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Disney to put out more Marvel games soon XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Disney to put out more Marvel games soon   Disney to put out more Marvel games soon I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 8:57 pm

Thank God SEGA is not doing Marvel games anymore. Say what you will about Activision's business tactics, at least their Marvel games aren't atrociously terrible like SEGA's.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Disney to put out more Marvel games soon   Disney to put out more Marvel games soon I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 8:13 am

Your choice of picture is excellent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disney to put out more Marvel games soon   Disney to put out more Marvel games soon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disney to put out more Marvel games soon
Page 1 of 1