Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

The Witcher 2 Review

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

The Witcher 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: The Witcher 2 Review   The Witcher 2 Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 11:05 am

THE STORY
the witcher 2 is set in a fictional world with tolken style looking humans,elfs and dwarves
of course theres a lot of other monsters and creatures that are different but overral,it looks like its inspired by lotr and the hobbit
anyway
the main story is about geralt of rivia
he is a witcher
the witchers are basically humans with superpowers
they can be recognized for their yellow eyes
they also drink potions that enhance their abilities or their sights,the really cool thing is that they use 2 swords all the time
steel-which is used for killing humans and
silver-which is used for slaying monsters and other creatures
as i said
the story is about geralt
and at the beginning of the game he is gonna be captured by the forces of Temeria
he is going to be interrogated by the captain of the blue stripes named Roche about the recently deceased king named Foltest
apparently Geralt was close with Foltest and fought beside him in a rebellion by the la velette forces
after dealing with the la valette forces,Foltest was caught off guard by another witcher and kills Foltest while Geralt tries to catch him
the other guards found Geralt near Foltest's body and he gets caught and thrown to jail
after that
the story about the mysterious witcher that's nicknamed "the kingslayer" continues
the storyline is excellent and the characters are memorable
its also dark and mature,yet it has a lot of humor at the same time
the storyline would have been a perfect 10 for me if they didn't made a "previously on.." to explain to the newcomers about what the fuck is going on
SERIOUSLY,the storyline is awesome but its abysmally explained to you
it seems like you know the story of witcher 1 and it just rolls off
and i really hate reading hours upon hours about characters and places but in the end,the story is explained
its just that its not explained well to newcomers to the series
BUT with all said and done
the storyline is excellent but not having explanation to newcomers kills it a bit

so for the story

THE GRAPHICS
the graphics for witcher 2 are amazing
considering this a year old game for the pc and the 360 version runs like the normal settings on pc
it looks pretty amazing for a console but comparing it to the pc version,its not as good
the art design is a bit dull and typical for a fantasy type setting but the monsters and the other creatures and some places are awesome
the monsters are cool and mean looking and the lightning effects are excellent,the character models are average and the textures are great
in the end,the witcher's 2 graphics are excellent on the 360 but no where near as the pc graphics

so for the graphics

THE GAMEPLAY
this is what might make or break the gameplay
but thankfully for the most part,its pretty awesome
as i said,you have two swords and switching between the swords is easy
you also have "signs" but they are like magic spells and you can use them which is great
you can't take healing potions during a battle and makes the game challenging
which at the beginning,it is challenging,it almost slightly goes to dark souls level if you only tap the A button at the beginning
but then later,you upgrade your abilities and you get better
the main quests are excellent and the side quests are as excellent as the main quests
but what really stands out the most
its the dialogue wheel and the choices you make
this is the first game that ive played in my life where every decision that i made didn't punished me for picking out the wrong choice
every choice is made is not good or bad,its just maybe morally
there is a huge choice at the end of chapter 1,when you choose between Roche and Iorveth
if you choose Iorveth (like i did) the game is gonna massively different if you chose Roche's path and the similar goes for other choices
the big problem for me is the tutorial
basically from what i heard,when the original version came out a year ago,it didn't had tutorial
this version has but it fucking sucks,its like it was made in 2 minutes
it really doesn't explain you that much,it does but its not the best tutorial but you will learn later on
you have 3,maybe 4 big world hubs if you play it again with choosing the other character over the other
as i said,the gameplay is amazing but there are some annoyances like the difficulty spike on some enemies at the beginning and the tutorial

so for the gameplay

FUN FACTOR
the game was fun,annoyances aside,this game was fucking awesome
if there's any game that has a huge replay value,this is the game
its a long game,really fun,awesome story,graphics and gameplay
overral,you get a awesome package and if you haven't played the witcher franchise
now its the time to jump and the third chapter has this giant twist that changes the whole story about what i thought
there's a lot of decision making and awesome characters
overall you will have weeks,maybe months to see everything in this game and the new arena mode kicks along with the new content

so for the fun factor

FINAL SCORE:THE WITCHER 2 GETS A..
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 2 Review   The Witcher 2 Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 12:37 pm

1.Nice review.
2.This is the longest fucking sentence I've ever seen in my life.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 2 Review   The Witcher 2 Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:09 pm

Might get it although i'm not that much into RPG's.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 2 Review   The Witcher 2 Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:08 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Might get it although i'm not that much into RPG's.

It's RPG heavy, but it's also very cinematic, brilliant characters, engrossing atmosphere and actual consequences to your decisions, not BioWare consequnces ala illusionary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 2 Review   The Witcher 2 Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Witcher 2 Review
Page 1 of 1