Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nintendo Registers Super Mario 4 domain name

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Nintendo Registers Super Mario 4 domain name  Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo Registers Super Mario 4 domain name    Nintendo Registers Super Mario 4 domain name  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 4:44 pm

http://ds.ign.com/articles/122/1222890p1.html

Quote :
At its last investor's presentation in January, Nintendo announced it was working on a new 2D Mario adventure game. Outside of a release date prior to April 2013, no further details were given by company president Satoru Iwata. However just days ago, Nintendo registered a domain for 'supermario4.com'.

The publisher isn't attempting to hide this registry. A quick search shows that Nintendo of America controls the domain, and typing in the address will actually redirect to Nintendo's website. It's important to keep in mind that the registry doesn't directly indicate the presence of a product - companies tie up URLs all the time - but it could mean something.

Of course, while our immediate suspicions point towards this being the 2D 3DS game, it could be something else entirely - a Wii U launch title, perhaps?

Here's hoping we see Mario finally move to the number four. It took Street Fighter long enough to make it to three...

Special thanks to IGN reader 'tyrant_psn' for the tip!

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Nintendo Registers Super Mario 4 domain name  R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Registers Super Mario 4 domain name    Nintendo Registers Super Mario 4 domain name  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:04 pm

I thought Super Mario World was Super Mario 4? :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Registers Super Mario 4 domain name    Nintendo Registers Super Mario 4 domain name  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:35 am

^
Hmm I don't know. This is odd. Could be a remake? I honestly have no idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Registers Super Mario 4 domain name    Nintendo Registers Super Mario 4 domain name  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Registers Super Mario 4 domain name
Page 1 of 1