Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release

Go down 
+5
Stoney
Stigma
igame
Archduke
Mecha
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release Empty
PostSubject: PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release   PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:28 am

PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release Pslogo10

Quote :
Following continued reports last week that PlayStation 4 is to be based on AMD hardware and is being planned for a 2013 release, a VG247 source has said Sony is aiming to get the machine to market ahead of Microsoft’s next generation Xbox.

The design goalposts for PS4, including specs, were in place at least two years ago, we were told. Our source said that Sony is “confident” it will have the console at market ahead of the next generation Xbox next Christmas.

VG247 reported this morning that developers and publishers have been told that Xbox 720 will be released for Holiday 2013.

“Sony are completely in the belief that they have the jump on Microsoft this time,” they said. “You should be watching the timing of next year’s E3 keynotes, and who’s going to go first.”

A second source said this morning that all next-generation systems will be in place “by 2014″.

Sony has apparently already put its favoured partners in the frame as to PlayStation 4.

“Top line publishers already know about it,” our source said. “Developers working with publishers – like Ubisoft, for example – already know what’s going on. They’re already working on it.”

While “most developers” will be fully briefed “by the end of this year,” some have been invited to events in May and June in the US.

Another source has told us more information is going to be issued about PS4 to developers under NDA in May.

MCV reported earlier this year that both PS4 and Xbox 720 “will be shown at E3 2012,” but both Microsoft and Sony have both said nothing consumer-facing about the next generation will happen at the LA event this year.

Direct to drive

In addition, a rumour is circulating that PlayStation 4 will use DirectX as opposed to a proprietary Sony API. It was reported last week that PlayStation 4 will not be based on PS3′s Cell processor in any way, and will instead use standard AMD hardware.

We were told today that Crytek was scaling its tech on the assumption that PS4 was going to be using a 24-core Cell processor as opposed to the eight-core unit in PS3. The studio was forced to halt development and start afresh when it was informed PlayStation 4 won’t be using Cell at all.

Indications are that PlayStation 4 will provide a development environment similar to that of the Xbox consoles and PC.

In addition VG247 has been told that elements of Vita’s launch hardware were changed to ensure that PS4 and Vita will be able to connect in a similar style to Nintendo’s Wii U and its controller – due for release this year – with Vita’s being used to control PS4 games with both twin sticks and touch.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release   PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:33 am

Interesting. I hope this E3 will not dissapoint and they announce them already.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release   PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 3:34 pm

24-core Cell Processor? Interesting. :content:

EDIT: PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release 1443829230 @ myself.

Last edited by Duke on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release   PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 6:34 am

I like how they called the ps3 cpu an 8 core lol
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release   PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:03 am

Duke wrote:

It said right there that Sony wouldn't be using the cell processor. Literally in the very next sentence.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release   PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 7:16 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Duke wrote:

It said right there that Sony wouldn't be using the cell processor. Literally in the very next sentence.

That's Duke for ya.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release   PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:18 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Duke wrote:

Good ol' Duke eh? Mind you it's a good job they're not using the Cell Processor for the PS4, after the shit Sony recieved with the current cell processor for being difficult to develop games on it's a good call to have their next console use a more familiar architecture.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release   PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:48 pm

*PS3 is released before Xbox*

IGN News-"Gamers Worldwide are reporting the YLOD on their brand new PS4"
Back to top Go down
Sabrey
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release   PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 9:58 am

I like how they called the ps3 cpu an 8 core lolPlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release IPad
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release   PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 5:02 pm

Zeratul wrote:
*PS3 is released before Xbox*

BBC Watchdog-"Gamers Worldwide are reporting the YLOD on their brand new PS4"
FIXED
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release   PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release
Page 1 of 1