Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wii U to be priced at $299?

Go down 
+3
Archduke
Mecha
yonny616
7 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Wii U to be priced at $299? PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Wii U to be priced at $299? Empty
PostSubject: Wii U to be priced at $299?   Wii U to be priced at $299? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:58 pm

that would give them a huge lead.
Quote :
Nintendo will price the Wii U aggressively at $299 when it launches later this year, according to a report WiiUDaily has received (from the same source that brought us the Wii U system specs rumor). Nintendo will price the Wii U at $299 in the US, $299 Euro in Europe, and at 20,000 Yen in Japan, which comes in at around $250 USD. No word on Wii U software pricing.
Considering that the Wii U will initially only compete against the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, which can be had for $200 and $250, respectively, it’s not surprising that Nintendo will price the Wii U aggressively. They almost have to. Sony and Microsoft will reportedly release their next-gen consoles in 2013.
http://wiiudaily.com/2012/02/wii-u-to-be-priced-at-299/
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Wii U to be priced at $299? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Wii U to be priced at $299?   Wii U to be priced at $299? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:12 pm

Not a bad price. Though makes me wonder how much PS4 and Xbox 720 will cost, considering they're more advanced tech.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Wii U to be priced at $299?   Wii U to be priced at $299? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:44 pm

300 US Dollars for a next gen HD console? That's a steal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Wii U to be priced at $299?   Wii U to be priced at $299? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:51 pm

Duke wrote:
300 US Dollars for a next gen HD console? That's a steal.

:fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Wii U to be priced at $299?   Wii U to be priced at $299? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:21 pm

Yea that's not next-gen technology. It probably costs less for Nintendo to make a Wii U then it does for Sony to make a PS3.

Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Wii U to be priced at $299?   Wii U to be priced at $299? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:50 am

To be fair it's still more powerful than either of the current consoles. I like this price. Seems Nintendo learned their lesson from launching a system that's too expensive unlike another company (I won't mention names) who decided to launch a handheld as expensive as a console despite already seeing the repercussions of launching a ridiculously expensive system before.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Wii U to be priced at $299?   Wii U to be priced at $299? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:20 pm

The casuals will feed off of this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii U to be priced at $299?   Wii U to be priced at $299? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wii U to be priced at $299?
Page 1 of 1