Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Last of Us to focus on story and survival horror

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The Last of Us to focus on story and survival horror R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

The Last of Us to focus on story and survival horror Empty
PostSubject: The Last of Us to focus on story and survival horror   The Last of Us to focus on story and survival horror I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 1:41 am

The Last of Us to focus on story and survival horror The_last_of_us

Quote :
Zombie game? Nope. Similar to Uncharted? Nah. A survival-based action game with a heavy emphasis on story and character development?

Oh yeah.

The more I learn about Naughty Dog's new project, the more I start to drool. Really, I'm going to have to stop clicking on The Last Of Us headlines; this is bad for my keyboard.

Check out a recent PSM UK interview, in which various members of the team explain the setting, style, and gameplay of their hotly anticipated project. First, Neil Druckmann addresses any ideas of a similarity to Uncharted:

"Uncharted is a different genre to this. Uncharted is pulp action. And with this game, everything is constructed around the tone."

The characters are also vital, as both Joel and Ellie will suffer through life-changing events that have a profound impact on their lives. Druckmann added that the "whole focus" of the game is to get through the various perils with both characters; keeping them alive is going to be a challenge. Joel's voice actor, Troy Baker, tossed in his two cents and reminded us all that this character isn't some sort of superhero. Appropriately, he's just a guy who's trying to survive:

"He’s a guy that learned how to use a gun because he had to, and he’s fighting every day because that’s what you do. Does that mean that [he] steals this, that [he] does this? Maybe. But it’s not that he has a plan, or that he’s a strong archetypal character. I really think it’s gonna turn the model of the hero on its ass."

Essentially, we could be looking at the next generation of "survival/horror" or rather, the onset of "survival/action." Hell, Capcom doesn't seem to want it anymore, so...

Source: PSX
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us to focus on story and survival horror   The Last of Us to focus on story and survival horror I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:45 pm

It sounds like it's taking "The Walking Dead" route.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us to focus on story and survival horror   The Last of Us to focus on story and survival horror I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 7:51 am

So it's going to be what resident evil 6 actually should be. Glad not everyone is going with the "hurrr durr action zombie shooting run 'n gun" bandwagon.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us to focus on story and survival horror   The Last of Us to focus on story and survival horror I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 1:26 pm

I'm really excited for this game.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

The Last of Us to focus on story and survival horror Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us to focus on story and survival horror   The Last of Us to focus on story and survival horror I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:23 pm

I'll wait for some gameplay footage before I determine whether I like it or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us to focus on story and survival horror   The Last of Us to focus on story and survival horror I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Last of Us to focus on story and survival horror
Page 1 of 1