Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony

Go down 
+7
Chobo
Jack the Spectre
Hydell
Dam_Noir
2Sugoi2Die
ghost23
Mecha
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony   Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:45 am

Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony Xbox-360-slim-11

Quote :
Microsoft has issued its own response to the NPD Group Australia’s 2011 report, highlighting data in opposition to Sony’s claim to have won the year

“It’s clear to see that the momentum in this industry is with Microsoft and the Xbox platform. We won at the telling Christmas period, we are standalone in our growth this year and looking at the past five years our consistency is unprecedented,” consumer channels group director David McLean said.

Microsoft said the Xbox 360 was the only platform to show growth in the Australian market, boasting a 5% increase in revenue across software, hardware and peripherals; Sony’s growth claim related to PlayStation 3 consoles only.

2011 marked the Xbox 360′s fifth consecutive year of growth of console sales and platform revenue, and is apparently the only console to do so.

The Xbox 360 was to top-selling consoles over the holiday sales period, and the platform had its most successful month to date during December 2011, and subscriptions for Xbox LIVE grew nearly 40%.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/02/06/microsoft-we-won-2011-in-australia-not-sony/
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony   Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 2:34 am

I bet ghost bought all those xbox's to claim victory.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony   Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 2:43 am

Microsoft have definitely made up some ground down under. It used to be completely dominated by Playstation but now a lot more people are buying XBOX's. A lot of people in Aus probably have PS3's as blu ray players because the games sell like crap, especially the exclusives. I remember Resistance 3 was discounted from $99 to $29 in some store within a month.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony   Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:47 am

And I thought it was all about the console sales, not software and peripherals lol.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony   Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:03 am

Title reads like an MLD video
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony   Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:13 am

Suppose they gotta win somewhere, wonder if they are winning in Japan..?
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony   Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:29 am

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:

Your post got me thinking...

Xbot's claim Japan is irrelevant, however it will be interesting to see whether they claim the news about Australia is relevant.

Despite Japan having a population over 100 million more than Australia.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony   Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:36 am

Dam_Noir wrote:
Sexton Hardcastle wrote:

Xbot's claim Japan is irrelevant, however it will be interesting to see whether they claim the news about Australia is relevant.

Gaming market in Australia is considered to be quite small compared to the US and Europe.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony   Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:38 am

Dam_Noir wrote:
Sexton Hardcastle wrote:

I didnt realise Xbox fanboys still existed or gave a fuck lol. Been tough times for them if they do still exist though.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony   Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:49 am

Padders wrote:
Gaming market in Australia is considered to be quite small compared to the US and Europe.

I put it down to the fact you guys can't live somewhere if it's not within a stones throw of the coast.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony   Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 9:16 am

I know right? All those bloody Dogs of War and their leader The Lord Humungus are in control of the central areas.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony   Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 9:48 am

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
I know right? All those bloody Dogs of War and their leader The Lord Humungus are in control of the central areas.

Endlessly searching for petrol...
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony   Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 1:03 pm

Fucking ghost. This is all your fault. Traitor.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony   Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 2:45 pm

Wonder what Retro will say.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony   Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Looks like Ghost caught the RROD bug this year Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony 725796345
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony   Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 5:26 pm

Duke wrote:
Looks like Ghost caught the RROD bug this year Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony 725796345

Funnily enough I did buy a second 360 in 2011. :)
But not because of RROD
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony   Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 5:58 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Duke wrote:
Looks like Ghost caught the RROD bug this year Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony 528803

But not because of RROD
Semantics. Red Dot, Red Ring, it's all the same.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony   Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 6:51 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Duke wrote:
Looks like Ghost caught the RROD bug this year Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony 528803

But not because of RROD
Semantics. Red Dot, Red Ring, it's all the same.

:lolguy:

Oh you clever troll you.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony   Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:07 pm

Dam_Noir wrote:
Padders wrote:

I put it down to the fact you guys can't live somewhere if it's not within a stones throw of the coast.
Thats because we all want to be like Jersey shore.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony   Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:13 pm

Japan has a population 100,000,000 million more then Australia.....?? O.O

Damn shorty.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony   Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:39 pm

Teckno wrote:
Japan has a population 100,000,000 million more then Australia.....?? O.O

Damn shorty.
Most likely it's because Japan is the only place where squids and octopi can impregnate women.

Last edited by TheCinemaJack on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony   Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 9:07 pm

Uggh, yea winning the casuals over. Way to go. Make some god damn games or release the nextbox already. One or the other.

Getting tired of their shit. Xbox 360 owners are basically paying 60 bucks a year to play multiplatform games online.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony   Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 9:14 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Getting tired of their shit. Xbox 360 owners are basically paying 60 bucks a year to play multiplatform games online.
And at this point, you're basically getting the same game on both platforms. For the most part, gone are the major differences in multiplats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony   Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Microsoft: “We won” 2011 in Australia, not Sony
Page 1 of 1