Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Resident Evil Revelations...

Go down 
+2
Mecha
Orc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Resident Evil Revelations... Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil Revelations...   Resident Evil Revelations... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 5:12 pm

It seems the Resident Evil series is back on track. Resident Evil 4 was the last game to get AAA across the board and that was back in 2005!
7 years later and after the pitiful action game Resident Evil 5, it seems the series has been turned round again to be the way it should be.
There are only 4 ratings for Resident Evil Revelations so far but excluding the one from Games TM (who has even heard of this?) which is now unaccessible, but gave the game 6/10 for apparently having a lack of polish.... all these ratings give it 9/10 and above.

I played the demo that came with Resident Evil: Mercenaries, and despite its short length, it was a massive improvement since RE5. The spooky sound effects, the gritty visuals, the sinister shadows, the rain pouring through a smashed window, the whole atmosphere is creepy.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/resident-evil-revelations/critic-reviews

Its rating is hindered because of that one dire review but so far I think it's safe to say it is a AAA title. Take that any way you like but it's undeniable that this game is one of a high quality.

INB4 MLD ASSLICKER type comments...

Resident Evil Revelations... Resident+evil+5+%257E%257E5
Fighting in broad daylight... yeah, uhm spooky Neutral

Resident Evil Revelations... Revelations02
Oh fuck
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Resident Evil Revelations... R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations...   Resident Evil Revelations... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 5:19 pm

Looks like the creature wants to finger fuck her to death.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations...   Resident Evil Revelations... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 5:31 pm

Mecha wrote:
Looks like the creature wants to finger fuck her to death.

I think she can take it. She's had a lot of practise with Chris' magnum.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Resident Evil Revelations... XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations...   Resident Evil Revelations... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 5:45 pm

Doesn't look all that much different than Resident Evil 5 aside from the shitty-looking first-person mode.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations...   Resident Evil Revelations... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:41 pm

TRF wrote:
Doesn't look all that much different than Resident Evil 5 aside from the shitty-looking first-person mode.
Way different in gameplay than RE5.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations...   Resident Evil Revelations... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:42 pm

TRF wrote:

The entire setting, aesthetics, enemies, narrative and everything else is different.
The only thing that is the same is the engine it uses, but who gives a fuck about it using the same engine? They still made changes to gameplay mechanics.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations...   Resident Evil Revelations... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:25 am

I'm glad capcom atleast decides to go to the roots of the original 3 games and its also the best looking 3ds game so far.

Also do you now realize why your AAA and AA bullshit argument is irrelevant? Metacritic is flawed and reviews are nothing but opinions.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations...   Resident Evil Revelations... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:15 am

This game looks awesome. Can't wait to pick up a 3DS soon! Resident Evil Revelations... 2505020059
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations...   Resident Evil Revelations... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:38 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
I'm glad capcom atleast decides to go to the roots of the original 3 games and its also the best looking 3ds game so far.

Also do you now realize why your AAA and AA bullshit argument is irrelevant? Metacritic is flawed and reviews are nothing but opinions.

It will all weigh out by the time more critic reviews come in.
But yeah, for a weighted review average site it's strange that one single review from an irrelevant site can affect the score that much...
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Resident Evil Revelations... R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations...   Resident Evil Revelations... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Why is there a fat guy in this game?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations...   Resident Evil Revelations... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:55 pm

Lykos wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

It will all weigh out by the time more critic reviews come in.
But yeah, for a weighted review average site it's strange that one single review from an irrelevant site can affect the score that much...

I think the biggest problem is that some games don't get a lot of reviews so a few bad reviews really fuck up the average.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations...   Resident Evil Revelations... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil Revelations...
Page 1 of 1