Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu

Go down 
+9
Archduke
CernaMLD
Chobo
Stigma
The Enkindler
Jack the Spectre
Based Sonji
Mecha
2Sugoi2Die
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu Empty
PostSubject: Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu   Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 11:40 pm

Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu Tumblr_lmi2ncJh1t1qjgqsko1_500

The one sole reason why I avoid the 95% of the anime crowd because they are a bunch of whining weeaboos that complains about english dubs and the prices for animes. I see these fucktards spending $100 to $200 AUD (Australian) that cost $5 to make that only makes them look more gross compared to their usual casual wear and yet complain about the animes of anime DVD and blurays.
Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu Cosplay-fat-fatty-costume-play-fail-owned-demotivational-poster-1242915851
Cosplays should be for the sexy and gifted.
Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu Mai+Cosplaying+Watanabe+Kanako+from+Star+Driver+04

I understand all the weeaboos are broke motherfuckers even though they spend $300 a month on anime toys, cosplays and love pillows using their welfare/centrelink money or mummy and daddy are paying for them and thats why they download their anime illegally. Anytime I see one weeaboo complain about the prices of anime DVDs and blurays being expensive and say they download all their animes just makes me wanna go on a weeaboo hunt and invite FPSrussia. Being poor doesn't or something being to expensive doesn't justify piracy.

Are animes expensive? No ther are not. In fact we get a better a deal compared to Japan. Here $30 AUD (Australian) can get you 3-4 sometimes even 5 episodes of anime on a single disc. In Japan it can cost up to $50 for only 2 episodes on a single disc. Usually a lot of animes today are about 25 episodes and usually get a release of 6 discs. For example
Code Geass R1 (25 episodes) = 6 discs in total
$30 for each disc
$30 x 6 = $180

$180 for the complete set if you buy the series one dvd at a time. Yes it does sound expensive but if these weeaboos can actually wait for something for once, they can get anime much more cheaper. How? WAITING FOR THE COMPLETE SET. Lets use Code Geass R1 again
Code Geass R1 (25 episodes) = 6 discs in total
Complete set = $80
Buying dvds separately = $180
Difference = $100

If these retards can actually wait for something, they can get shit for so much cheaper. If they learn to shop around they can also find animes pretty cheap in bargain bins or during sales. It isn't that hard at all. Plus buying them on dvd/bluray will award you with all the extra feathers like interviews, early art work etc. Now they can spend that $100 on more love pillows to hump on all night. One might say "Oh Padders but they take to long to release anime else where in the world and I want to watch them now". All I can say is, BOOWHOO FOR YOU BRAH. Theres a lot of reason why. Theres marketing, voice acting, repackaging and distribution etc. Oh did a weeaboo say something? What?! Don't wanna pay for english voice works because its sucks? You can simply change the voices to Japanese with subs if you enjoy pausing every 5 seconds.

There are cheaper options but I wouldn't get into those since I want rant short and simple. Anyways... The next time you see a weeaboo complaining about anime and money. Tell them to go suck a floppy donkey dick.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu   Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 12:01 am

lol. anime DVD's and Blu-ray are fucking cheap in the US. It cost me $40-$45 for 34 episodes of Dragon Ball Z on Blu-ray. ON BLU-RAY! That's a sweet deal. Though I dislike the English dub of Dragon Ball Z, I watch it in Japanese with English subtitles instead. But yeah, Japan's anime Blu-rays are fucking crazy expensive. It cost $493.49 for the complete series of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya on Blu-ray in Japan. But then again the price isn't so bad compared to the other anime Blu-rays in Japan.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu   Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 12:42 am

lol you can watch anime on the internet for free.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu   Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 1:02 am

Mecha wrote:
lol. anime DVD's and Blu-ray are fucking cheap in the US. It cost me $40-$45 for 34 episodes of Dragon Ball Z on Blu-ray. ON BLU-RAY! That's a sweet deal. Though I dislike the English dub of Dragon Ball Z, I watch it in Japanese with English subtitles instead. But yeah, Japan's anime Blu-rays are fucking crazy expensive. It cost $493.49 for the complete series of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya on Blu-ray in Japan. But then again the price isn't so bad compared to the other anime Blu-rays in Japan.
Sometimes I find the English dub a lot better than Japanese voices.

Greg Jennings wrote:
lol you can watch anime on the internet for free.
Yeah I would have mention the free options but I didn't want to drag my rant on. Pretty sure FUNimation uploads both full dub and sub animes.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu   Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 6:54 am

Buying anime :fuckthat:
Pirating anime :fuckthat:

Watching anime online. :freddie:
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu   Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 7:21 am

I hate weeaboos. They're so goddamn annoying.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu   Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:00 am

Padders wrote:
Mecha wrote:

On Dragon Ball Z or just anime in general? Yeah I like some English dubs better than the Japanese dubs, but I can't stand watching Dragon Ball Z English dub. Now Dragon Ball Z Kai on the other hand is a different story.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu   Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:08 am

Mecha wrote:
Padders wrote:
Mecha wrote:

On Dragon Ball Z or just anime in general? Yeah I like some English dubs better than the Japanese dubs, but I can't stand watching Dragon Ball Z English dub. Now Dragon Ball Z Kai on the other hand is a different story.
Dragon Ball Z and a few others like Evangelion. I usually watch one episode in English dub and one in Japanese just to see how the voice acting is and go with which ever one I like the most.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu   Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:44 am

Padders wrote:
Dragon Ball Z and a few others like Evangelion. I usually watch one episode in English dub and one in Japanese just to see how the voice acting is and go with which ever one I like the most.

It isn't just the voice acting why I dislike Dragon Ball Z English dub. The dub just isn't accurate to the original script. The characters go out of character sometimes and some of the stuff they say isn't really what they really say. Like for example, the only reason why Goku let Vegeta escape was so they can fight again. Not because Goku saw the good in Vegeta. Also Piccolo was still Piccolo Jr. in the early episodes of Dragon Ball Z. But in English dub they made him sound like he has gotten a lot softer over the years. I can go on and on but I think you already get the point.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu   Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 10:02 am

Weeaboos usually make their move on One Piece Dub vids, they practically whine on how the Japanese voices are better, I won't deny that, but still, Funimation's dub isn't that bad, it's just that 4kids wrecked the reputation of dubs with their unnecessary censorship.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu   Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 10:21 am

4kids basically ruined One Piece for me. It's good to see that FUNimation has more control over the series in the US now.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu   Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 7:01 pm

When I watch anime I just watch it on the internet or on netflix. I don't mind dubs really, as long as they aren't that bad. I don't see the point in actually buying anime.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu   Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 7:12 pm

I like english dubs. Well, So long as they are good dubs(*cough4Kidscough*)

I really like the FUNimation dub of One Piece. The voices are great, and the dialogue is pretty good as well. Unfortunately, One Piece will be forever tarnished by the awful 4Kids dub.

But to be honest, 4Kids did do a good Job with Pokemon and Yugioh.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu   Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 9:00 pm

Chobo wrote:

But to be honest, 4Kids did do a good Job with Yugioh.

:fuckthat:

Maybe when we were little kids that's what we thought (same goes for Dragonball Z). But now that I watch it, I couldn't believe how much they gimped it compared to the Japanese version. Does the shadow realm even exist or was it something 4Kids made up to make it look less violent?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu   Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 9:11 pm

Chobo wrote:

Yeah right Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu 725796345
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu   Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:32 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
When I watch anime I just watch it on the internet or on netflix. I don't mind dubs really, as long as they aren't that bad. I don't see the point in actually buying anime.
I don't see the point in owning episodes of a TV show in general. I usually don't watch reruns unless there's nothing else to watch or I really really love the episode.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu   Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 5:38 pm

I heard it's easier to just go Illegally download the entire series of anime that buy DVD's instead.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu   Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:31 am

So with Anime characters...is that how the Japs think they look like or how they think westerners look like...

Either way....

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu   Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:09 am

Well the Japanese like some diversity in their anime. They can't base the character's look on themselves because everyone would look the same.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu   Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Reaper wrote:
So with Anime characters...is that how the Japs think they look like or how they think westerners look like...

Either way....

I think they have some insecurity problems. Chicks have enormous tits, when really most jap chicks are flat...tons of different hair color, even though most japs have black hair...

Mecha wrote:
Well the Japanese like some diversity in their anime. They can't base the character's look on themselves because everyone would look the same.

That's racist!
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu   Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 6:18 pm

Remember when Japan had a cool culture? Yeah, didn't think so.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu   Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:22 am

Mecha wrote:
Chobo wrote:

Yeah right Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu 725796345

Damn weaboo

I got Hulu plus and I started watching yugioh gx (never really saw it when it was on TV) and it has a pretty darn good dub. Three problems though. 1. There are some very obvious edits. Like one time during a scene with a Dark Magician girl, it was probably just fan service but still. There's also times when they say something that in no way matches their facial expressions. 2. Chaz's voice actor is fucking amazing for the most part but there's one thing about it that pisses me off, 4 Kids probably made him do it but when he's about to finish someone off he says, "now you go bye bye". It makes me cringe every time he says it which is pretty often. The voice actor himself does a really good job otherwise considering Chaz's character. 3. There are supposed to be 4 seasons, but 4Kids only dubbed 3. Seriously WTF? I don't mind watching a jap dub with english subtitles but I would prefer a dub especially when it's one as good as this.

The first Yu-Gi-Oh! and GX had a great dub. I watched a little bit of 5D's and holy shit the dub was fucking garbage I'll give you that. Especially Jack's voice actor. I saw 2 episodes of the new series, "Zexel", on hulu (no dub just subs). That show is a piece of garbage no matter what way you look at it, in fact it's so bad that I think 4Kids could actually improve the series. I used to think the pokemon dub was good but I saw an episode a few weeks ago on tv and yeah it's pretty bad.

Speaking of hulu, it's 8 bucks a month yet there are still ads? WTF? Hopefully it's only during the free trial. (still a few days until they actually charge me). They aren't so bad it's only 1 or 2 ads but it's really annoying especially when you consider that it's the same 5 ads every. single. fucking. time.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu   Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:56 am

nah, the GX dub was not very good IMO. they cut out too much stuff (Season 4 anyone?) and the dialogue changes just make me cringe.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu   Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 1:31 pm

Chobo wrote:
nah, the GX dub was not very good IMO. they cut out too much stuff (Season 4 anyone?) and the dialogue changes just make me cringe.

Yeah I said that...the voice acting was great though. Even if they did say some cheesy things from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu   Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:17 pm

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2012/01/funimation-suspends-production-of-dragon-ball-z-blu-rays/

:fuuu:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu   Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weeaboo rant: Animes dvd/blurays are expensive desu
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next