Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mario Kart 7 review

Go down 
+2
Stoney
NoelX2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

Mario Kart 7 review Empty
PostSubject: Mario Kart 7 review   Mario Kart 7 review I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 7:49 pm

Graphics - They are amazing for the console. Better than the last entry. And the tracks look amazing. Lots of eye-candy. And the 3D effect works great.

Sound - Just amazing. From the sound of DK Jungle all the way to the nostalgic Rainbow Road, the ost doesn't disappoint at all. And the sound effects sounds cool.

Gameplay - Its Mario Kart....but with a few new features. Underwater gameplay and gliders. All of the new tracks work great with these 2 features but the glider is pointless in some retro stages such as Waluigi's Pinball and Airship Fortress. Other than that, the gameplay is like all the other entries...fantastic. And the online feature doesn't disappoint. I've always had a smooth time and never a laggy one. However, the opponents may look messed up but not you. Just a minor complaint.

Overall: The game is just fantastic. It beats all of the other Mario Kart games besides Mario Kart 64....which is tied with MK7. The whole reason why I got a 3DS. GO GET IT!!!!!!

Graphics - 9.5
Sound - 10
Gameplay - 9.3

Overall - 9.6/10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 7 review   Mario Kart 7 review I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 7:56 pm

My 4 year old nephew got a 3DS and Mario Kart, have to say, it's great game for when you're on the shitter. Beats reading the newspaper.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 7 review   Mario Kart 7 review I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 8:26 pm

Stoney wrote:
My 4 year old nephew got a 3DS and Mario Kart, have to say, it's great game for when you're on the shitter. Beats reading the newspaper.

Definitely lol

But upon a serious note this is arguably the best Mariokart game out there.

The best ones are Mariokart DS because of the track selection and variation, Double Dash because of the character selection and many great tracks (but less great ones than MKDS) and Mariokart 7 for 3DS. I think MK7 beats them though because they've really picked the best 17 tracks from the past plus given us 17 new ones that are pretty awesome, plus new gameplay features that work reallly well. I love the glider!
And the visuals are fantastic. 3D wasn't as good as I had hoped but I guess you don't notice it so much on racing games.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Mario Kart 7 review 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 7 review   Mario Kart 7 review I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:02 pm

This is why I want a 3DS. But damn it, I want a Vita as well.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 7 review   Mario Kart 7 review I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:09 pm

Lykos wrote:
Stoney wrote:

Definitely lol

But upon a serious note this is arguably the best Mariokart game out there.

The best ones are Mariokart DS because of the track selection and variation, Double Dash because of the character selection and many great tracks (but less great ones than MKDS) and Mariokart 7 for 3DS. I think MK7 beats them though because they've really picked the best 17 tracks from the past plus given us 17 new ones that are pretty awesome, plus new gameplay features that work reallly well. I love the glider!
And the visuals are fantastic. 3D wasn't as good as I had hoped but I guess you don't notice it so much on racing games.

In all seriousness it is, I was playing it today and it was pretty damn fun, the controls are slick, the 3D is impressive, well I thought it was, it's fun game to pass time for sure.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 7 review   Mario Kart 7 review I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 8:49 am

@Stoney,

Yeah I think its a more or less perfected version of Mariokart. I don't think it can get much better than this now. Maybe with added characters but aside from that, I can't thank of any complaints.

Yeah 3D is good for a short while but you stop noticing really... I mean when you switch from 2D to 3D you notice the difference and the 3D looks cool but it soon becomes normal to you as you are nearly always moving so you don't really focus so much on it, whereas in games like LOZ OOT you will stop from time to time or be more or less still and so can really admire the surroundings in 3D.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 7 review   Mario Kart 7 review I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 12:08 pm

Still just looks like Mariokart with parachutes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 7 review   Mario Kart 7 review I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 1:13 pm

Duke wrote:

Parachutes... :what:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 7 review   Mario Kart 7 review I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 4:34 pm

Duke wrote:

According to duke this is a parachute.....
VVV
Mario Kart 7 review Mario-kart-7-artwork-glider-mario-646x477
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 7 review   Mario Kart 7 review I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 4:53 pm

Duke says things a sane mind can't always comprehend. Or maybe he's the genius and we're all the idiots?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Mario Kart 7 review XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 7 review   Mario Kart 7 review I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 5:05 pm

Silly Duke, that's not a parachute. Those are helicopter blades!

Looks like a good game but I wasn't in love with Mario Kart DS or Mario Kart Wii.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 7 review   Mario Kart 7 review I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 8:19 pm

TRF wrote:
Silly Duke, that's not a parachute. Those are helicopter blades!

Looks like a good game but I wasn't in love with Mario Kart DS or Mario Kart Wii.

Damn, Sad I really thought there were parachutes Razz

In all seriousness, Mario Kart 7 looks very fun and even better with 3DS online play.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 7 review   Mario Kart 7 review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mario Kart 7 review
Page 1 of 1