Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

2012 Predictions

Go down 
+10
2Sugoi2Die
TheJubJub5721
Franko
Stigma
Hydell
yonny616
The_Biotic_God
Archduke
Stoney
Mecha
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

2012 Predictions R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

2012 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: 2012 Predictions   2012 Predictions I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 9:48 am

What are your 2012 predictions?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

2012 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   2012 Predictions I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 10:08 am

I assume these are just for gaming predictions.

Pikmin 3 will be the killer app for wii u launch followed by a mario game in 2013
World of warcraft's subscriber base will decrease and will go to the old republic
Microsoft will showcase its next console before sony
Xenoblade will sell poorly in US
Halo 4 will be revealed to be nextbox after all
Activision will try to milk crash after the semi great success of spyro skylanders
Jak and daxter collection will have a teaser for jak 4
A new call of duty will be released. :derp:
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

2012 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   2012 Predictions I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 10:21 am

Deep down in the dark recesses of my soul I have a feeling Mass Effect 3 is going to be Gears of War 3.5.

The marketing team for BioWare is bollox, quotes like "Mass Effect 1 and 2 are 2-4 years old, who cares about them? It's all about Mass Effect 3, this is a new beginning in the franchise, it's great place to jump in"

The only thing that gives me great hope is the Twitter info from the devs, producers, writers etc on how our decisions from previous games actually matter and that the game is still story heavy. Despite EA desperately trying to put the story second to "splosions and teh actionz".

With the addition of MP, Kinect, Origins for PC players and replacing Michael Beattie as Mordin, EA are doing there best to "casualise" BioWare. Is the 5 plus million ME fans worldwide not enough?

TL;DR, I wouldn't surprised if Mass Effect 3 was panned by critics for EA's interference, hope I'm wrong, it's my most anticipated game of 2012.

Sad

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

2012 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   2012 Predictions I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 11:05 am

Mass Effect 3 will suck and will be not as good as the previous 2.
Halo 4 will be released to amazing critical acclaim and will feature alot of innovative gameplay types.
Sly Cooper 4 will be revealed to having online Co-op 2012 Predictions 409191096
GTA V gets gameplay shown at E3 2012
Final Fantasy Versus 13 gets a release date and is PS3 only.
The Last Guardian gets a release date.
A New Banjo-Kazooie game gets announced for the Xbox 360.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

2012 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   2012 Predictions I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 1:59 pm

Duke wrote:
Halo 4 will be released to amazing critical acclaim and will feature alot of innovative gameplay types.

...What makes you say that? Seems like troll bait to me.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

2012 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   2012 Predictions I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 2:16 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Duke wrote:

I think what he mean is that he is afraid it will be downgraded due to EA being an asshole towards a developer that deserves a better publisher.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

2012 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   2012 Predictions I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 2:31 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
Duke wrote:

I think what he mean is that he is afraid it will be downgraded due to EA being an asshole towards a developer that deserves a better publisher.

EA are assholes. But ME2 was published by EA. So was the PC version of ME1....EA being the publisher is nothing new...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

2012 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   2012 Predictions I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 3:08 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
Duke wrote:

EA are assholes. But ME2 was published by EA. So was the PC version of ME1....EA being the publisher is nothing new...
Yes but that was before EA started to turn bioware into sellouts with kinect, co-op, origins and putting action before storyline.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

2012 Predictions PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

2012 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   2012 Predictions I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 4:02 pm

I predict Mass Effect 3 will be the best game to come out that year.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

2012 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   2012 Predictions I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 5:14 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
Duke wrote:

Yes but that was before EA started to turn bioware into sellouts with kinect, co-op, origins and putting action before storyline.

-Kinect is a gimmick being pushed by MS...And it looks like it was poorly implemented so I don't think it affects development schedule.

-The co-op missions are being handled by a different team, so even if it sucks the SP won't be affected.

-Origins is a PC only thing...And I don't think I've heard anything about ME3 requiring origins.

-The devs made promises of more RPG elements in the 3rd game. As far the storyline you do realize that they've basically planned out the entire story arc of the trilogy years ago right? The advertisements and trailers don't do the series justice anyways. Even the first Mass Effect had trailers that made it seem like it was more of an action title than a full-fledged RPG.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

2012 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   2012 Predictions I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 6:13 pm

Sony will come out with a major announcement that will turn out to be shit nobody gives a fuck about.

MS will continue to suck at delivering hardcore titles.

Nintendo's Wii U will either fail epically or be a "success" like the wii despite it being the least played console.

The 3DS will drop in price due to nobody buying it.

The Vita will be about as successful as the PSP...as in it will shift some units but it will never be like the DS.

Halo 4 will be delayed for the nextbox. (if MS have any brains at all)

Teaser trailer for Killzone 4 for PS4, i'm thinking a pre-renderedtrailer that will blow everyone away like the E3 2005 Killzone 2 trailer.

The next COD will once again just dominate the FPS genre and wll probably have little to no improvements once again but will sell like 25 million copies...again.

A sequel to MOH 2010 will be announced and the war of "my dick is bigger than yours" between EA and Activision will resume.

Final Fantasy 13 Versus will be delayed...again.

Twisted Metal gets a meta score in the eighties and is hailed as a great and fun game and will sell about a million maybe 1.5 million.

The 2012 VGA's will be yet another year that makes gamers look like retards despite it only being the presenters and producers of the VGA's filling this role.

Greg Miller reviews The Last of Us and gives it 10/10.

Aliens Colonial Marines comes out and is labelled by most as a Halo rip off despite it bein the other way around.

Brothers in Arms Furious Four continues to catch an untold ammount of flak from BiA fans who want a true sequel and not some cartoony abomination...

Arma 3 comes out and is just as bug ridden or more so than Arma 2.

Starhawk comes out and becomes a hit, some fans are split between it and Warhawk but it brings in new fans to the series with its unique gameplay.

Prototype 2 sells less than its predecessor.

Mass Effect 3 is another hit for Bioware and the online will be a sci-fi gears of war...but wll need some patches.

More super mario milkage on the wii.

The PS3 closes the sales gap to something ridiculous like 40,000 units. MLD prepares to either kill himself, delete his channel or revamp his entire argument and refuse to accept his own outlook that he will be "the bitch of the industry".

Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

2012 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   2012 Predictions I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 6:41 pm

- Vita comes out, no one buys it due to to shitty 50 dollar 16gb memory cards. Drops in price after 6 months.

- Nintendo announced new non-spinoff pokemon game, 3DS sales spike, then drop rapidly

- Both Microsoft and Sony tease new console at E3 for fall 2013

- Mass Effect 3 comes out, all ME fans except Alan bitch about all the dumb crap they'll add.

- PS3 starts selling real well, then Sony fucks up somehow and the year ends with a 2 million gap.

- Last Guardian is delayed, The Last of Us is delayed

- Twisted Metal comes out, good reviews, over 1 million sales

- Versus XIII gets announced for Xbox, PS3 fanboy's all over cry and make hilarious youtube videos and petitions. Put on 4 disks, sub-HD resolution.

- Wii U comes out, sells well, but crap games.

- Microsoft hints a bunch of new exclusives for E3, people get exited, then it turns out their all Kinect games.

- I buy a 3DS and the Vita, deeply regret it later.

- Persona 5 comes out, I buy it day one, play the shit out of it, but then give up halfway through because the main character is still a fucking teenager who looks like a women.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

2012 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   2012 Predictions I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 12:57 am

-Kingdom Hearts 3 WILL FINALLY GET AN ANNOUNCEMENT TRAILER!!!

-PS4 gets revealed by Sony @ E3 2012. To be released in 2013.

-Uncharted 4 will get announced in late dec. 2012.

-Crash Bandicoot gets rebooted.

I know this might just be my wishful thinking, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

2012 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   2012 Predictions I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 2:26 am

Reaper wrote:
Sony will come out with a major announcement that will turn out to be shit nobody gives a fuck about.

MS will continue to suck at delivering hardcore titles.

Nintendo's Wii U will either fail epically or be a "success" like the wii despite it being the least played console.

The 3DS will drop in price due to nobody buying it.

The Vita will be about as successful as the PSP...as in it will shift some units but it will never be like the DS.

Halo 4 will be delayed for the nextbox. (if MS have any brains at all)

Teaser trailer for Killzone 4 for PS4, i'm thinking a pre-renderedtrailer that will blow everyone away like the E3 2005 Killzone 2 trailer.

The next COD will once again just dominate the FPS genre and wll probably have little to no improvements once again but will sell like 25 million copies...again.

A sequel to MOH 2010 will be announced and the war of "my dick is bigger than yours" between EA and Activision will resume.

Final Fantasy 13 Versus will be delayed...again.

Twisted Metal gets a meta score in the eighties and is hailed as a great and fun game and will sell about a million maybe 1.5 million.

The 2012 VGA's will be yet another year that makes gamers look like retards despite it only being the presenters and producers of the VGA's filling this role.

Greg Miller reviews The Last of Us and gives it 10/10.

Aliens Colonial Marines comes out and is labelled by most as a Halo rip off despite it bein the other way around.

Brothers in Arms Furious Four continues to catch an untold ammount of flak from BiA fans who want a true sequel and not some cartoony abomination...

Arma 3 comes out and is just as bug ridden or more so than Arma 2.

Starhawk comes out and becomes a hit, some fans are split between it and Warhawk but it brings in new fans to the series with its unique gameplay.

Prototype 2 sells less than its predecessor.

Mass Effect 3 is another hit for Bioware and the online will be a sci-fi gears of war...but wll need some patches.

More super mario milkage on the wii.

The PS3 closes the sales gap to something ridiculous like 40,000 units. MLD prepares to either kill himself, delete his channel or revamp his entire argument and refuse to accept his own outlook that he will be "the bitch of the industry".

Utter truth
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

2012 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   2012 Predictions I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 1:46 pm

I predict the world will end but before that Mass Effect 3 will be jizztastic.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

2012 Predictions StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

2012 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   2012 Predictions I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 3:15 am

- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will be hated by Metal Gear SOLID fans but end up buying it.

- The only good feature in Final Fantasy XIII-2 will be the Pokemon feature

- Assassin's Creed: Pensioners
Ezio must find all the hidden pills of Altair before the evil templars

- Capcom will hand all their games to Western developers and let Japanese gaming die (RIP Mega Man)

- My Little Pony game
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

2012 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   2012 Predictions I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 4:27 am

I will hype the fucking shit out of Assassin's Creed III

Assassin's Creed III will not be as good as I want it to be due to hardware limitations of current generation consoles.

GTA V will be released sometime in 2012 and be accompanied by ridiculous amounts of controversy.

Halo 4 will pull 90+ reviews, reigniting the console wars.

IGN will release an encyclopedia containing all the articles they have published about the Last of Us.

IGN will give The Last of Us a 10/10

Twisted Metal will flop because the industry has lost interest in that genre.

The Wii U will turn out to be a piece of shit and be ignored by 3rd party developers all over again when MS/Sony release new hardware.

Kinect will sell well, Microsoft will put out crappy games for the hardcore, the hardcore will bitch incessantly. (Applies to the next decade)

PS3 fanboys will say this is the year that PS3 takes second places, still ends year in 3rd place.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

2012 Predictions 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

2012 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   2012 Predictions I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 11:55 am

Halo 4 will be the only hardcore game Microsoft makes next year

The Wii U will be a great success (Fuck you haters)

The vita will also be a great success

Jak 4 will be announced

Assasins Creed III will never be announced

SSX will be amazing

PS4 and NextBox will be announced for sometime in 2014

Twisted Metal will be just OK

The next COD game will break all new records and will get 9s across the board, and will be the worst COD in the series.

The new MOH game will be great, but will get swallowed up by COD and get bashed by biased critics.

Counter-Strike GO will be the Best FPS all year.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

2012 Predictions Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

2012 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   2012 Predictions I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 12:04 pm

- Xbox 720 launch in 2012

- PS4 launch in 2013

- Halo 4 will be announced for the next-gen xbox later down the line

- MS will annunce their next-gen xbox at CES 2012

- Jak 4 will be announced

- Twisted Metal will sell around 1.0-1.5 million units.

- God of War IV will be announced for the next-gen Playstation

- Wii U will be a success

- PSVITA will sell amazing in USA and have a price-drop either right before/ after its launch worldwide

Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

2012 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   2012 Predictions I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 11:59 pm

I think people are confusing predictions with wishes....

Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

2012 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   2012 Predictions I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 12:24 am

@Padders
I hope the makers of Asura's Wrath actually continue the development of Mega Man Legends 3.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Sponsored content

2012 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   2012 Predictions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2012 Predictions
Page 1 of 1