Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to enjoy our General Gaming, and Off-Topic (except Debates and Archives) categories at the following links:
http://www.g7gaming.net/c6-general-gaming
http://www.g7gaming.net/c7-off-topic

Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.

Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Next Generation GPUs GTX 780 & 7970

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard

Stature : 39
UK Male
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Next Generation GPUs GTX 780 & 7970    Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:29 pm

The next batch of GPUs to be released but Nvidia (Kepler) and AMD

Here are the 7xxx series GPU leaked specs...

Expect them in Q1 2012 !!

Kind in mind the GTX 580 right now is a monster of a card and these specs are completly beastly if true & the consoles really are outdated as fuck I should of waited fo sho

Link - http://www.dsogaming.com/news/rumor-nvidia-to-skip-6xx-series-gtx780-to-offer-100-performance-boost-over-gtx580/

oh and top top it off

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Stature : 18
Sweden Male
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation GPUs GTX 780 & 7970    Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:56 pm

Isnt Kepler going to be the GTX 6xx series?

I also heard that the HD 7970 will be able to do Eyefinity with 3d. so Full HD, 3D (120fps) and 3 Screens.

Svecia Memor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss

Stature : 176
The Gutter Male
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation GPUs GTX 780 & 7970    Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:02 am

I wonder what fool would pay 500-600 maybe even more for a graphics card to play VIDEO GAMES ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon

Stature : 48
America Male

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation GPUs GTX 780 & 7970    Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:08 am

@Stoney wrote:
I wonder what fool would pay 500-600 maybe even more for a graphics card to play VIDEO GAMES ...

I guess people that pay ridiculous amounts of money for guitars/customizing their vehicle/golf clubs, etc. Are also fools.. /s

They're enthusiasts and can afford it, not fools.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toxicmaniac
Final Boss, 2nd Form
Final Boss, 2nd Form

Stature : 190
Male

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation GPUs GTX 780 & 7970    Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:27 pm

@BioDemon wrote:
@Stoney wrote:

I guess people that pay ridiculous amounts of money for guitars/customizing their vehicle/golf clubs, etc. Are also fools.. /s

They're enthusiasts and can afford it, not fools.
Theres a difference between wanting to learn to play guitar and playing some games. We play games to be entertained when we are bored. Unless you're a korean starcraft player there is not alot of point to be an gaming enthusiasts. :fuckthat:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard

Stature : 39
UK Male
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation GPUs GTX 780 & 7970    Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:36 pm

@Stoney wrote:

how much was the PS3/360 at launch 500 something ? oh wait you didn't get it a lunch did you. nope you waited till the priced dropped didnt ya ? yes just like a normal person. the same can be applied to graphics cards a years time it will be half the price

and youre forgetting that its like 500x times for powerful than your turd box :)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss

The Gutter Male

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation GPUs GTX 780 & 7970    Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:12 pm

@Mikenuge wrote:
@Stoney wrote:

how much was the PS3/360 at launch 500 something ? oh wait you didn't get it a lunch did you. nope you waited till the priced dropped didnt ya ? yes just like a normal person. the same can be applied to graphics cards a years time it will be half the price

and youre forgetting that its like 500x times for powerful than your turd box :)

Now now, fella, not everyone plays videogames to go "ohh look, it's so purty". Maybe at one stage I thought about PC gaming but for me in the end it was to much hassle, I like the convenience of console gaming considering the fact my most played games are the likes of FIFA and such. The only really appeal of PC gaming to me is the mods, not the technical BS that I have no time for.

As long as I can play FIFA, UFC and Skyrim on my "turdbox" I'm happy.

=D

On topic, so next gen GPU's, very nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Sweden Male

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation GPUs GTX 780 & 7970    Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:43 am

Holy crap on a crap... I just read something new about the cards..

Next gen will be awesome! While consoles are stuck in the early 2000s. And next gen consoles will have last gen products in them. Im getting a new card soon...

Svecia Memor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon

Stature : 48
America Male

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation GPUs GTX 780 & 7970    Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:51 am

Sweet Jesus tits.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss

The Gutter Male

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation GPUs GTX 780 & 7970    Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:54 pm

Serious question, how the hell are devs going to take advantage of it if "next gen consoles will have last gen hardware"?

Surely the cost of developing on such a powerful GPU would be astronomical and most likely not worth the extra expense?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Sweden Male

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation GPUs GTX 780 & 7970    Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:10 pm

@Stoney wrote:
Serious question, how the hell are devs going to take advantage of it if "next gen consoles will have last gen hardware"?

Surely the cost of developing on such a powerful GPU would be astronomical and most likely not worth the extra expense?

The graphics card in the new Wii-U is a modified Radeon HD 5750 if im not mistaken. A card that was when it was released a good card, and compared the cards in the current consoles the card is better. However the most likely scenario for the Xbox and PS4 is to have tech from the starting point of the development around the mid of last generation of Graphics cards. Still most of them still kick ass. The GTX460-480 and HD 5950 and 5970 are cards that would roundhouse kick the current consoles to death. Since they are around 5 times as powerful.

Svecia Memor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation GPUs GTX 780 & 7970    

Back to top Go down

Next Generation GPUs GTX 780 & 7970
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Generation7 - Gaming :: PC Gaming :: Hardware-
Jump to: