Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MW3 beat Avatar!

Go down 
+3
Jack the Spectre
Hydell
Mecha
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

MW3 beat Avatar! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

MW3 beat Avatar! Empty
PostSubject: MW3 beat Avatar!   MW3 beat Avatar! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 9:02 am

MW3 beat Avatar! Moneybags

Quote :
Activision announced today that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 has broken Avatar's record for hitting the $1 billion mark in 17 days. The game has reached the mark in just 16 days:

Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc., announced today that Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare™ 3 crossed the $1 billion mark in sales since its launch on November 8, 2011, according to Charttrack and retail customer sell-through information. Highlighting the trend of interactive entertainment gaining a greater hold of audiences worldwide, the game achieved this milestone in just 16 days, eclipsing the record set in 2009 by the feature film "Avatar," which reached the $1 billion milestone in 17 days.

While 2011 box office revenue is on the decline - down 4 percent this year at $9.4 billion, compared with $9.8 billion in 2010 -- the number of people purchasing and participating in gaming is on the rise, with no sign of slowing. With more than 30 million gamers, the Call of Duty community now exceeds the combined populations of the cities of New York, London, Tokyo, Paris and Madrid.

"Engagement of our Call of Duty audience continues to rise around the world," said

Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision Blizzard. "Call of Duty® as an entertainment franchise has made an indelible mark on popular culture and its broad and continued success is further validation that audiences are now valuing interactive experiences over passive experiences.

Call of Duty is now amongst that rarified group of sustained franchises like "Star Wars", "Harry Potter", "Lord of the Rings" and the National Football League (NFL) that attract or engage tens of millions of people every year or every new release.

Our Call of Duty Elite is one of the fastest growing new online service ever with more than six million players registered since its launch November 8, 2011 and over one million premium subscriptions sold to date. By comparison, the premium subscription services of Netflix, Hulu Plus, Sirius XM and Xbox® LIVE®, each reached one million paid subscribers after approximately one year.

"Call of Duty has become that rare entertainment franchise that transcends its own genre. Core gamers love it, as our stellar reviews show. But every year, new people are drawn into Call of Duty," said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing. "And while the franchise continues to set records, our fans still seem to want more, demonstrated by our record setting start on Call of Duty Elite. We are committed to helping everyone connect, compete and improve their game, Call of Duty style."

Source: Activision
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

MW3 beat Avatar! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW3 beat Avatar!   MW3 beat Avatar! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 9:16 am

Overrated shit has beaten overrated shit!
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

MW3 beat Avatar! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW3 beat Avatar!   MW3 beat Avatar! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:36 am

MW3 beat Avatar! Kdq4r6

Noooooooooooooo!
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

MW3 beat Avatar! XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

MW3 beat Avatar! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW3 beat Avatar!   MW3 beat Avatar! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:58 pm

I'd rather play MW3 than watch Avatar . . .
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

MW3 beat Avatar! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW3 beat Avatar!   MW3 beat Avatar! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 2:05 pm

woop de motherfucking do
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

MW3 beat Avatar! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW3 beat Avatar!   MW3 beat Avatar! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 2:44 pm

TRF wrote:
I'd rather play MW3 than watch Avatar . . .
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

MW3 beat Avatar! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW3 beat Avatar!   MW3 beat Avatar! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:01 pm

Yeah, but other film companies aren't going to look at Avatar and try to mimic it, whereas the cost of producing a game has sky-rocketed so devs are taking less chances are trying to copy CoD, just because of what it can gross.

And if they aren't trying to copy it they are streamlining their games or adding un-needed MP, Mass Effect 3, Dead Space 2, Assassin's Creed etc
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

MW3 beat Avatar! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW3 beat Avatar!   MW3 beat Avatar! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:08 pm

Why was Avatar so popular again?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

MW3 beat Avatar! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW3 beat Avatar!   MW3 beat Avatar! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:38 pm

CernaMLD wrote:
Why was Avatar so popular again?
I guess the same reason as why call of duty is popular.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MW3 beat Avatar! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW3 beat Avatar!   MW3 beat Avatar! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MW3 beat Avatar!
Page 1 of 1