Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gamestop wants you to trade Skyrim for 30$ after you complete all 10,000 side quests. lol wut?

Go down 
+2
The_Biotic_God
The Enkindler
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

Gamestop wants you to trade Skyrim for 30$ after you complete all 10,000 side quests. lol wut? Empty
PostSubject: Gamestop wants you to trade Skyrim for 30$ after you complete all 10,000 side quests. lol wut?   Gamestop wants you to trade Skyrim for 30$ after you complete all 10,000 side quests. lol wut? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 2:52 pm

Gamestop wants you to trade Skyrim for 30$ after you complete all 10,000 side quests. lol wut? GamestopisDumb
Quote :
If you've finished your 10,000 side quests in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, you may be interested in GameStops trade-in promotion.

If you bought the game at GameStop and are subscribed to their newsletter, you probably received an email asking for your game trade-in.

It reads:

"Once you've finished the 10,000 side quests, there's one more treasture of Tamriel waiting for you. Trade in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim by Tuesday, January 10, 2012, and get a guaranteed $30 in-store credit."

I'm not nearly as shoced or offended as some are over this email. After all, if you know the GameStop business model then you should know the majority of their profits come from selling pre-owned games.M

Here's a simple breakdown to help you understand. They get the original game from the publisher and sell it to you. When you're done playing it, you trade it back to them for $30, and in turn they re-sell it to someone else for probably $50-$55. They don't have to pay anyone, liek the publisher, for the "second" sale so they get all that profit, plus the odds are you are going to purchase another game from them using that $30 credit. All the money stays in their pockets.

Of course, those familiar with the gaming industry know that this actually is hurting publishers and developers and is one of the leading causes for them adding the hated "online pass" which grants a single-user, the first who purchases the new game, the ability to play online or unlock special items. If you purchase the game "used", then the publisher gets no cut of that profit, so to ensure some money for your purchase you are practically forced to pay usually an extra $10 to access online.

That's the current situation we're in and probably why you got this email.
What kind of weed are you on, Gamestop?
Gamestop step your game up and stop trying to scam your customers like this, who in the right mind would trade this game for $30 after all that effort he put to complete 10,000 side quests?

http://www.gamezone.com/news/gamestop-offering-30-credit-guaranteed-for-skyrim-trade-in
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

Gamestop wants you to trade Skyrim for 30$ after you complete all 10,000 side quests. lol wut? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamestop wants you to trade Skyrim for 30$ after you complete all 10,000 side quests. lol wut?   Gamestop wants you to trade Skyrim for 30$ after you complete all 10,000 side quests. lol wut? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:11 pm

How can they tell that you've finished all the side quests?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Gamestop wants you to trade Skyrim for 30$ after you complete all 10,000 side quests. lol wut?   Gamestop wants you to trade Skyrim for 30$ after you complete all 10,000 side quests. lol wut? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:37 pm

10,000? I don't think they'll be getting many games back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gamestop wants you to trade Skyrim for 30$ after you complete all 10,000 side quests. lol wut?   Gamestop wants you to trade Skyrim for 30$ after you complete all 10,000 side quests. lol wut? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:57 pm

Gamer: LOOK I FUCKING DID IT it took me ages but all side quests are completed
Gamestop employee: Sorry but its friday january 11.
Gamer....... :fuuu:
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Gamestop wants you to trade Skyrim for 30$ after you complete all 10,000 side quests. lol wut?   Gamestop wants you to trade Skyrim for 30$ after you complete all 10,000 side quests. lol wut? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 5:49 pm

Gamestop wants you to trade Skyrim for 30$ after you complete all 10,000 side quests. lol wut? Tactical_Facepalm_by_Ghost1334652

I doubt anyone would actually turn in their copy of skyrim after beating 10,000 quests.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Gamestop wants you to trade Skyrim for 30$ after you complete all 10,000 side quests. lol wut?   Gamestop wants you to trade Skyrim for 30$ after you complete all 10,000 side quests. lol wut? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:32 pm

^^^^

If anyone even comes close to amounting 10'000 completed side quests since Skyrim's release they need to re-evaluate their situation. Or at least get off their arses and go for a walk.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Gamestop wants you to trade Skyrim for 30$ after you complete all 10,000 side quests. lol wut?   Gamestop wants you to trade Skyrim for 30$ after you complete all 10,000 side quests. lol wut? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:34 pm

The time it would take to do all those quests the game will be worth less anyway :fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gamestop wants you to trade Skyrim for 30$ after you complete all 10,000 side quests. lol wut?   Gamestop wants you to trade Skyrim for 30$ after you complete all 10,000 side quests. lol wut? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gamestop wants you to trade Skyrim for 30$ after you complete all 10,000 side quests. lol wut?
Page 1 of 1