Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Appropriate Video Game Songs

Go down 
+2
Mecha
Orc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Appropriate Video Game Songs Empty
PostSubject: Appropriate Video Game Songs   Appropriate Video Game Songs I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 2:11 pm

Ever left your ipod on shuffle while playing a video game only to find that a song fits in so well? Now is your time to share these experiences.

All you do is name a video game and beside it post the name and link of appropriate music of any genre (providing it fits the game's mood).
Please be sensible and mature with your choices.
Also you can post more than one song for a game and the same songs can be used for multiple games when fitting.

THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM - Ensiferum: The Longest Journey

Appropriate Video Game Songs Elder-Scrolls-Skyrim-Scan
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Appropriate Video Game Songs R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Appropriate Video Game Songs   Appropriate Video Game Songs I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 2:20 pm

I was playing the Sonic Generations demo while listening to Queen. Then I realized how well one of the songs actually fits with the game. xD

Sonic Generations - Queen: Don't Stop Me Now

Appropriate Video Game Songs Sonic-Generations-Dreamcast-Era-Trailer
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Appropriate Video Game Songs   Appropriate Video Game Songs I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 2:28 pm

Thanks Mecha for sticking to the format I used and haha yeah I can see what you mean, I mean it's all in the lyrics about going "at the speed of light" and whatnot.
Anyway,
When I played as an orc in World of Warcraft and listened to this song when I was in the bar, it seemed appropriate as hell.

WORLD OF WARCRAFT - Finntroll: Under Bergets Rot

Appropriate Video Game Songs World-12
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Appropriate Video Game Songs   Appropriate Video Game Songs I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 2:43 pm

I found the soundtrack from inception time very fitting with the last part of halo reach. Not only does it kinda sound like your orchestral halo music, but it fits with how its both tragic and hopefull. The tragic part of being the only one left knowing that you are going to die and that reach has lost but taking as much covenant with you. But also very hopefull as you see the pillar of autumn managing to escape thanks to you.

Halo reach - Hans Zimmer: Time (inception OST)

Appropriate Video Game Songs Halo-Reach-Campaign-lone-wolf
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Appropriate Video Game Songs   Appropriate Video Game Songs I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 4:25 pm

^
everyone knows that's actually Halo 2
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Appropriate Video Game Songs   Appropriate Video Game Songs I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 5:51 pm

I have the Uncharted 2 theme playing most of the time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Appropriate Video Game Songs   Appropriate Video Game Songs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 2:09 am

Skip to 3:00 exactly for the above video, pause it and mute it.

Play this and the above video, make sure the Killzone video starts at 3 mins.

Enjoy. I think it perfectly captures the ISA's bravado and confidence as they are just starting the invasion, before it went to shit.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Appropriate Video Game Songs   Appropriate Video Game Songs I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 8:33 am

This song works perfectly for Red Dead Redemption. I actually used to play it on my xbox while playing RDR

Appropriate Video Game Songs Red-de10
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Appropriate Video Game Songs   Appropriate Video Game Songs I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 1:36 am

Appropriate Video Game Songs 325pxShepherd2-1

General Shepard's Betrayal
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Appropriate Video Game Songs   Appropriate Video Game Songs I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 7:33 am

Sexton, that was almost perfect.

I feel these work together well. Mute the Big Boss death scene and play the "no place like home video"

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Appropriate Video Game Songs   Appropriate Video Game Songs I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 12:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Appropriate Video Game Songs   Appropriate Video Game Songs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Appropriate Video Game Songs
Page 1 of 1