Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to enable hyper threading?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheVolusBioticGod
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
TheVolusBioticGod

Stature : 0

How to enable hyper threading? Empty
PostSubject: How to enable hyper threading?   How to enable hyper threading? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 5:22 am

i have a intel pentium 4 3.2 ghz processor which supports hyper threading, are there any risk's to using hyper threading?
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: How to enable hyper threading?   How to enable hyper threading? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 5:45 am

Doesn't hyper threading happen automatically or is that something else?
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: How to enable hyper threading?   How to enable hyper threading? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 7:35 am

Hyper threading is harmless most of the time. The thing is that the cpu says that the the system has more cores available then it really has. Making the cpu able to work 2 or more threads simultaneous.

The risk can be that the computer is faster in some cases and slower in other. All it does is to share the workload.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to enable hyper threading?   How to enable hyper threading? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to enable hyper threading?
Page 1 of 1