Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales

Go down 
+5
Chobo
Archduke
The_Biotic_God
Bluenose
yonny616
9 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales Empty
PostSubject: Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales   Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 6:20 pm

I think this game would have done A LOT better if released during the summer.
Quote :
Developer Insomniac Games has now responded to the news regarding their shooter’s sales figures.
Firstly, Senior Community Manager for Insomniac Games James Stevenson commented on our report with the following:
Comparing Resistance 3′s sell-through number on one platform to Dead Island’s copies shipped number on 3 platforms isn’t really an Apples to Apples comparison.
Furthermore, Insomniac Games official Twitter account was messaged by a user who said:
Sad to hear the bad news about Resistance 3 but I really hope R&C All4One will do great! It deserves it! Loved the beta
The developer then simply said “what bad news?” The user later linked to our story notifying the studio of its sales being the bad news, to which the studio replied:
oh, no, the numbers are accurate, but that was still good enough for #7 on the US charts.
http://www.gamersmint.com/insomniac-responds-to-resistance-3s-disappointing-us-sales
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales   Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 6:25 pm

I'm glad they're taking it positively.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales   Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:51 pm

Teckno wrote:
I'm glad they're taking it positively.

Even they knew there game was going to flop so how could they not be positive about it.

God, Resistance games look so generic. Don't get on my factinion about it either.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales   Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:02 pm

Resistance games were very generic to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales   Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:12 pm

What are you guys talking about?

I found the resistance games to be very under rated. While the 2nd game does defiantly feel bland. the first and third installments were very original with their game play mechanics and didn't go with the norm of 2 guns limit and regenerating health. I also like how they set it in an alternate 1950s where WWII never happened and how I may seem plausible that an alien race could have invaded the world in the fashion.

I have said it before, and I will say it again: the resistance games are the best FPS's available on the PS3.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales   Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:25 pm

chobo500 wrote:

I found the resistance games to be very under rated. While the 2nd game does defiantly feel bland. the first and third installments were very original with their game play mechanics and didn't go with the norm of 2 guns limit and regenerating health. I also like how they set it in an alternate 1950s where WWII never happened and how I may seem plausible that an alien race could have invaded the world in the fashion.

I have said it before, and I will say it again: the resistance games are the best FPS's available on the PS3.

Killzone is much better dude.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales   Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 11:20 pm

Duke wrote:
chobo500 wrote:

Killzone is much better dude.

Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales   Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 11:42 pm

No matter how you feel about the whole Resistance vs Killzone thing, I think it's hilarious that you think Resistance is the best FPS on PS3. I'd much rather play COD than to play a clone of it.
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

PostSubject: Re: Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales   Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 7:26 am

From what I've played of the SP it's pretty bad ass... Multiplayer wise I never cared for it. Except for CTF in Resistance FOM on the map with the two neighborhoods on the opposite sides of the map and the forest w/ the catwalk in the middle of the map. That was beast...
Back to top Go down
DarthCueball
Merchant
Merchant
DarthCueball

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales   Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 4:31 am

I played the Resistance demo and it was lame. The Killzone 3 demo was way better. Overall the Killzone series IMO is better.
Back to top Go down
http://[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/DarthCueball]
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales   Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 11:35 am

Resistance is cool. It may seem generic on the outside, but goddamn, it has some really cool and memorable weapons.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales   Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 11:52 am

TRF wrote:
Resistance is cool. It may seem generic on the outside, but goddamn, it has some really cool and memorable weapons.

THIS!

Also, Resistance was the first game that made me consider buying a PS3 to begin with.

Killzone is still better in my opinion though. But Resistance has a much better and interesting story, and better and more fun-to-use guns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales   Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Insominac Respond to Resistance 3's Disappointing U.S. Sales
Page 1 of 1