Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battlefield 3

Go down 
+3
NoelX2
Jack the Spectre
Blixtstorm
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

Battlefield 3  Empty
PostSubject: Battlefield 3    Battlefield 3  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:09 am

http://kotaku.com/5847781/battlefield-3-for-xbox-360-has-something-special-on-the-second-disc

On the second disc there is a thing called: "High resolution textures."

Quote :
According to a report from Gamerzines, Battlefield 3's second disc will also include an installable higher resolution texture pack that will make the whole thing look a lot prettier than what's streaming off the optical disc. That option is "voluntary," Battlefield 3 producer Patrick Liu says.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Battlefield 3  XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Battlefield 3  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3    Battlefield 3  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:46 am

That's pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

Battlefield 3  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3    Battlefield 3  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:36 am

Hey, that is cool man
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

Battlefield 3  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3    Battlefield 3  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:31 am

So I guess it's like Forza 3 then. The game is completely on one disc and extra content (in this case higher res textures) is on the other.

This is pretty awesome. HDD owners get better graphics and non-HDD owners still can play the game.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Battlefield 3  0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

Battlefield 3  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3    Battlefield 3  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 1:29 pm

from what I hear, this feature is also on the PS3 version as well
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

Battlefield 3  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3    Battlefield 3  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 1:49 pm

chobo500 wrote:

It's kind of already assumed that it will be included on disc.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

Battlefield 3  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3    Battlefield 3  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 2:03 am

chobo500 wrote:

From what I understand, it will all be on the one disc but the PS3 will have an optional install for the HD textures. My guess would be that the blu ray read speed isn't fast enough to stream HD textures
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Battlefield 3  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3    Battlefield 3  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 8:00 am

ghost23 wrote:
chobo500 wrote:

From what I understand, it will all be on the one disc but the PS3 will have an optional install for the HD textures. My guess would be that the blu ray read speed isn't fast enough to stream HD textures

Yup, unfortunately Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Battlefield 3  XidKdMN
New York

Battlefield 3  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3    Battlefield 3  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 4:45 pm

Yeah, so apparently, without the texture pack you're left with a PS2 game.

HDD owners get better graphics, yes, but those without HDDs or those who don't wish to install the second disc won't even get a game on par with this generation's visuals.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

Battlefield 3  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3    Battlefield 3  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Looks awful without.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

Battlefield 3  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3    Battlefield 3  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 5:21 pm

It looks awful without.
Is PS3 getting something like it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Battlefield 3  XidKdMN
New York

Battlefield 3  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3    Battlefield 3  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 5:32 pm

Arcana wrote:
It looks awful without.
The PS3 version has the extra textures on the game disc I think.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

Battlefield 3  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3    Battlefield 3  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 5:33 pm

TRF wrote:
Arcana wrote:
It looks awful without.

ahem Blu-ray
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

Battlefield 3  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3    Battlefield 3  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:16 pm

Duke wrote:
TRF wrote:
Arcana wrote:
It looks awful without.

ahem Blu-ray

How is that any better when either way there is an 8 GB install you have to go through? From what I've heard that install is fuckin mandatory. What if I don't have any HDD space? I guess I can't play the game anymore. I'd much rather play a game with toned down graphics than not to play the game I bought at all.

Use your head. The 2nd disc option on the 360 is a blessing not a curse. EVERY version has a giant installation process in order to get the HD texture pack. At least all 360 owners are guaranteed to be able to run their games whether they have the space for it or not..
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

Battlefield 3  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3    Battlefield 3  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:51 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Duke wrote:
TRF wrote:
Arcana wrote:
It looks awful without.

ahem Blu-ray

How is that any better when either way there is an 8 GB install you have to go through? From what I've heard that install is fuckin mandatory. What if I don't have any HDD space? I guess I can't play the game anymore. I'd much rather play a game with toned down graphics than not to play the game I bought at all.

Use your head. The 2nd disc option on the 360 is a blessing not a curse. EVERY version has a giant installation process in order to get the HD texture pack. At least all 360 owners are guaranteed to be able to run their games whether they have the space for it or not..

No shit. Of course. PS3 version will have a big mandatory install. Most big games these days seem to have a big mandatory install on PS3.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

Battlefield 3  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3    Battlefield 3  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:44 pm

Duke wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Duke wrote:
TRF wrote:
Arcana wrote:
It looks awful without.

ahem Blu-ray

No shit. Of course. PS3 version will have a big mandatory install. Most big games these days seem to have a big mandatory install on PS3.

Yes and it's a serious problem. The only reason PC's need 500+ GB HDDs is because of the fact that it's a multi-purpose machine and the storage is needed for many things. At this rate there will be a huge increase of gamers that actually would need more than 100 GB just for PS3 games...And the worst part is all this extra installing crap only makes it on par with the 360 version uninstalled when it comes to load times. Next gen, Sony NEEDS to implement a faster optical drive into the PS4.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Battlefield 3  XidKdMN
New York

Battlefield 3  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3    Battlefield 3  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:28 pm

Every single PS3 comes with and has come with an HDD. Not every 360 has come with one so some people will be left with the shitty textures. Either way you have to install it if you want the extra texture packs but PS3 owners get the textures no matter what while if you own a 360 you MUST own an HDD in order to have current-gen visuals.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

Battlefield 3  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3    Battlefield 3  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:44 pm

TRF wrote:
Every single PS3 comes with and has come with an HDD. Not every 360 has come with one so some people will be left with the shitty textures. Either way you have to install it if you want the extra texture packs but PS3 owners get the textures no matter what while if you own a 360 you MUST own an HDD in order to have current-gen visuals.

Forget the texture pack for a second....If you don't have 8 GB free space on your HDD for the game you will not be able to play the PS3 version at all. What's worse? Honestly? Hell the HD texture pack on the 360 version isn't anywhere near 8 GB.

I like options. If you have a 360 and you have the space you'll be able to get the same experience as the PS3 version. If you don't have the space you're not totally fucked. Seems like a better scenario than having a mandatory install....
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

Battlefield 3  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3    Battlefield 3  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 11:48 pm

From what I've read, the Hard Drive install on the 360 for the texture pack is about 1.5GB.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Battlefield 3  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3    Battlefield 3  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3
Page 1 of 1