Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October

Go down 
+2
Hydell
CernaMLD
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October Empty
PostSubject: Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October   Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 4:04 pm

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-28-gt5-spec-2-0-update-to-launch-october-article

Quote :
PlayStation 3 exclusive simulation racer Gran Turismo 5 will receive its Spec 2.0 update in the third week of October, series producer Kazunori Yamauchi has revealed.

New DLC will follow a week later, Yamauchi confirmed via Twitter.

Yamauchi previously tweeted that players should expect the Spec 2.0 update to include additional features and content.

No further details, or pricing for the DLC, are known.

:megusta:
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October   Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 4:27 pm

More shit that should have been there day 1. But hey we got 3-d... ¬_¬
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October   Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 4:28 pm

This is actually pretty excited. Didn't the spec 2 update for GT5P give the game like 40 cars and one new track? I really hope they add more premium cars and tracks.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October   Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:10 pm

Reaper wrote:
More shit that should have been there day 1. But hey we got 3-d... ¬_¬

More shit that we're getting for free. Shit that other publishers would charge a good penny for.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October   Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:13 pm

^No other developer supports there game much post-launch.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October   Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:35 pm

Do you even have GT5 alan?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October   Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:16 pm

Duke wrote:

No Sad
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October   Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:41 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Duke wrote:

No Sad

Get it so I can own you online with my new, sweet Ferrari.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October   Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:08 am

awesome! been wanting something from GT for a while now
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October   Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 4:13 pm

I rarely play GT5 now, hopefully this update can also fixed some of the screen tearing.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October   Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:34 pm

yonny616 wrote:
I rarely play GT5 now, hopefully this update can also fixed some of the screen tearing.

I don't think it works like that. Spec II is probably going to be a content upgrade rather than a performance update.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

in front of computer

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October   Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 12:35 pm

Spec 2.0 Details

Quote :
Polyphony Digital boss Kazunori Yamauchi has said that Gran Turismo 5’s Spec 2.0 update will try “to include the feedback we’ve received from all our players.”

Writing on Twitter, Yamauchi-san detailed the list of changes in the update, which will be available to download for free later this month.

See below for an idea of what to expect from Spec 2.0.

-Simplified interior view added to all standard cars

-User control of the weather change feature

-Added a setting sheet feature allowing you to save multiple car settings

-Spec 2.0 opening movie -Improved UI response and usability

-Replay fast forward/rewind

-Mid-race save feature for endurance races

-Expanded online lounge features (narrowing down car types, shuffle races)

-Expansion of the B-Spec remote race you can play from GT.com (a graph display now shows changes in race rankings)

-Expanded photo travel features - you can now take photos of cars together with your avatar

http://www.psu.com/Gran-Turismo-5-Spec-20-update-detailed--a013188-p0.php
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October   Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 3:02 pm

HOLY SHIT.

ALL CARS HAVE COCKPITS NOW!?!?

I hope simplified interior doesn't mean purely blacked out like the GT PSP cockpits.

EDIT:

Found some screenshots of the standard interiors. They aren't nearly as good looking as the premium interiors, but you know what this is WAY better than not having one and it's not like they're forcing you to use it.

http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/gran-turismo-5-spec-2-screenshots6.jpg
http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/gran-turismo-5-spec-2-screenshots5.jpg
http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/gran-turismo-5-spec-2-screenshots4.jpg

The last one looks blacked out though. Maybe for all the standard cars that have hoods the interiors are blacked out.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October   Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 3:58 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
HOLY SHIT.

ALL CARS HAVE COCKPITS NOW!?!?

I hope simplified interior doesn't mean purely blacked out like the GT PSP cockpits.

EDIT:

Found some screenshots of the standard interiors. They aren't nearly as good looking as the premium interiors, but you know what this is WAY better than not having one and it's not like they're forcing you to use it.

http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/gran-turismo-5-spec-2-screenshots6.jpg
http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/gran-turismo-5-spec-2-screenshots5.jpg
http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/gran-turismo-5-spec-2-screenshots4.jpg

The last one looks blacked out though. Maybe for all the standard cars that have hoods the interiors are blacked out.

Definately looks better than before.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

in front of computer

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October   Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 4:38 pm

Third picture looks pretty bad
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October   Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 5:07 pm

igame wrote:
Third picture looks pretty bad

Yea, PSP-style interior =/.

Still a fantastic update. I'm personally glad I waited Razz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October   Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Launching October
Page 1 of 1