Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dickmove by EA.

Go down 
+13
BioDemon
TheJubJub5721
igame
Based Sonji
Archduke
Chobo
The_Biotic_God
Stoney
Shigdig
Jack the Spectre
The Enkindler
NoelX2
Blixtstorm
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

Dickmove by EA. Empty
PostSubject: Dickmove by EA.   Dickmove by EA. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 1:12 pm

The biggest racing game on the 360 is now a bit less of a game. Dan Greenawalt has confirmed that no Porsches will be in Forza 4.

Porsche the biggest maker when I comes to racing, with the most victories and pole positions in most leagues. Will not be in the game due to licensing deals with EA.

Quote :
Dan Greenawalt: "This kills me. While Forza Motorsport 4 will feature RUF, it will not include Porsche cars. As many of you know, since the beginning of the Forza franchise, the Porsche license has been available only through a sub-licensing deal with EA. In Forza 3, we were able to feature more than 35 different Porsche models by offering to collaborate with EA. For Forza 4, we were looking forward to adding even more Porsche cars, and we were especially looking forward to featuring multiple Porsche experiences in our new Autovista mode. In the end, however, EA couldn’t see their way towards collaborating again.

We’ve asked our contacts at EA to reconsider their position frequently and regularly over the last 18 months. We also reached out to various influential people in gaming to lobby on our behalf, and on your behalf, but that was to no avail.

In our business, we stay friendly with all of the manufacturers and licensors necessary to deliver players rich and innovative automotive experiences. As you’d expect, this includes quite a few key people in Porsche circles. To make sure we tried everything, we consulted with these advocates and were happy to find they were already aware of the situation and lobbying from within on behalf of Forza 4--and, despite the result, we thank them for their efforts.

While we respect EA’s need to run their business as they see fit, we’ve regularly collaborated in the past and hope we can find our way back to that approach. Forza had the exclusive license for all Ferrari cars, for example, on the Xbox and PC platforms. But at the end of the day, we’ve always found that we just weren’t willing to block other racing games from having Ferraris outright, as we believed that this would do nothing but hurt the racing ecosystem.

I’m very sorry for all of this. Fans shouldn’t have to think about any of this – you should just be able to drive Porsches and Ferraris in the games you love. Porsche makes wonderful cars and I’m sorry that we won’t have them in Forza 4. As I mentioned earlier, we have added three RUF cars in Forza 4. RUF is a manufacturer in their own right, not simply an aftermarket mod shop—they completely remanufacture and enhance the models that they start from, and the results are unique, incredibly fast, and the cars look great. Losing more than 35 Porsche models is a lost opportunity for Porsche fans (as well as a lost opportunity to make future Porsche fans), but I hope that Forza 4 players understand and enjoy the new makes and models that have taken their place."

For me this is worse then having Origin as spyware. As a car enthusiast and car lover, I don't see the point of this. This is the same as Gran Turismo has had for years and the lack of Porsches do strain them to using RUF... A somewhat "kitcar" if you will.

SHAME ON EA!!!

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/underthehood1/
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

Dickmove by EA. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dickmove by EA.   Dickmove by EA. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 1:13 pm

Wow seriously EA? Thats fucking stupid.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

Dickmove by EA. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dickmove by EA.   Dickmove by EA. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 1:35 pm

No Porsches in Forza 4!?
That's like saying that Forza isn't a racing game.
EA, what the heck have you been smoking recently?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Dickmove by EA. XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Dickmove by EA. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dickmove by EA.   Dickmove by EA. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:37 pm

This is not a good week for EA. This is especially pathetic when you consider the fact that Microsoft owns the Ferrari license and Ferraris were in Gran Turismo 5. Yes, Microsoft licensed cars to the competition, but EA won't even do it for Microsoft (despite them not necessarily being in direct competition).
Back to top Go down
Shigdig
4um Sabior
4um Sabior
Shigdig

Dickmove by EA. ZDL7A4I
Stature : 7

Dickmove by EA. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dickmove by EA.   Dickmove by EA. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:51 pm

Do people still really think EA is better than Activision? All Activision did was intelligently market a shooter game. EA fuck the consumers over. Fuck EA.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

Dickmove by EA. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dickmove by EA.   Dickmove by EA. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:57 pm

John Riccitiello is a cunt, he's just as bad, if not worse than Bobby Kotick.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

Dickmove by EA. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dickmove by EA.   Dickmove by EA. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 3:03 pm

THAT'S FUCKING BULLSHIT.

WHY!?! 3 FUCKING STRAIGHT FORZA GAMES IN A ROW WITH PORSCHES AND NOW YOU DECIDE TO PULL THE LICENSES OUT!?

Is it because Forza rapes the shit out of NFS!?!? Yes I believe so. NEVER buying an NFS game again.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Dickmove by EA. 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

Dickmove by EA. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dickmove by EA.   Dickmove by EA. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 3:12 pm

EA, please, for the love of god, Don't go back to your old ways. I love your games, but it's getting harder and harder to want them if you keep screwing over developers and gamers.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Dickmove by EA. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dickmove by EA.   Dickmove by EA. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 3:30 pm

I couldn't care less because they are fucking cars in a fucking car game. Big deal?

anyways, EA FUCK OFF
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

Dickmove by EA. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dickmove by EA.   Dickmove by EA. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 5:10 pm

I wonder how much money Sony payed them for that.....
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Dickmove by EA. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dickmove by EA.   Dickmove by EA. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 5:32 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
I wonder how much money Sony payed them for that.....

prolly $599.99 usd
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

Dickmove by EA. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dickmove by EA.   Dickmove by EA. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 5:33 pm

I'd be suspicious if the next GT has Porches

Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

Dickmove by EA. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dickmove by EA.   Dickmove by EA. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 9:06 pm

Would care if I liked racing...
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

Dickmove by EA. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dickmove by EA.   Dickmove by EA. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 11:50 pm

This is bullshit, fuck EA.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Dickmove by EA. PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Dickmove by EA. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dickmove by EA.   Dickmove by EA. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 12:20 am

EA seems to want the crown back as most evil publisher. Dickmove by EA. 725796345
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

Dickmove by EA. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dickmove by EA.   Dickmove by EA. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 5:07 am

yonny616 wrote:
EA seems to want the crown back as most evil publisher. Dickmove by EA. 725796345

+1

lol
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

Dickmove by EA. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dickmove by EA.   Dickmove by EA. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 10:09 am

NFS is shit mannnyyeee

EA -100000
Activision -100000

I Hate them both
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

Dickmove by EA. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dickmove by EA.   Dickmove by EA. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 7:42 pm

Disappointing, but from a business perspective, any publisher would have done exactly the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Dickmove by EA. XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Dickmove by EA. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dickmove by EA.   Dickmove by EA. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 8:45 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Disappointing, but from a business perspective, any publisher would have done exactly the same thing.
Not necessarily. As stated before, Microsoft owns the Ferrari license, yet Ferrari cars are in Gran Turismo 5, and Microsoft has even less of a reason to license the cars to other studios, especially their direct competition.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Dickmove by EA. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dickmove by EA.   Dickmove by EA. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:33 am

What a joke. What the hell, seriously?

EA SUCK.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dickmove by EA. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dickmove by EA.   Dickmove by EA. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dickmove by EA.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Generation7 - Gaming :: Microsoft :: Xbox 360-
Jump to: