Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unlimited Detail to be used in future games.

Go down 
+9
Based Sonji
RamboOnRedBull
King_Skibatrax
Bluenose
Hydell
TheJubJub5721
Archduke
Jack the Spectre
Shigdig
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Shigdig
4um Sabior
4um Sabior
Shigdig

Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. ZDL7A4I
Stature : 7

Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. Empty
PostSubject: Unlimited Detail to be used in future games.   Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 7:39 pm

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Detail to be used in future games.   Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 7:51 pm

Saw this a few days ago. Looks too good to be true but I hope it is.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Detail to be used in future games.   Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:50 pm

Wow. That's pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Shigdig
4um Sabior
4um Sabior
Shigdig

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Detail to be used in future games.   Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:57 pm

The creator of Minecraft thinks it's a scam.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Detail to be used in future games.   Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 11:26 pm

Universe wrote:
The creator of Minecraft thinks it's a scam.

Exactly. http://notch.tumblr.com/, a few posts down. I'd believe Notch over some guy with a sexy (lol) accent.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Detail to be used in future games.   Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 12:23 am

If someting is too good to be true....it usually is.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Detail to be used in future games.   Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 6:00 am

I still have hope...
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Detail to be used in future games.   Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 9:17 am

If someone would show us gameplay of crysis 2 in 2002 and saying graphics would look like that in the future we would've thought that was impossible aswell. Hell just look far gaming has come in just about 40 years. From 4 color atari games to realistic looking games like battlefield 3.
Back to top Go down
King_Skibatrax
Villager
Villager
King_Skibatrax

Stature : 0
Trollopolis
Playing : trollin

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Detail to be used in future games.   Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 9:22 am

Think about the transition of the graphics from PS1 to PS2 to PS3....dont they get better every gen? everything about videos is multiplied by 2 or 3 every generation...what ever next gen system comes after PS3 and 360 is going to have 2 to 3x better graphics....technology only goes forward people
Back to top Go down
Shigdig
4um Sabior
4um Sabior
Shigdig

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Detail to be used in future games.   Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 10:20 am

Yeah, what would the Minecraft dude know, his game only runs like 20FPS with 200p resolution and only like 8 polygons.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Detail to be used in future games.   Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 10:54 am

Universe wrote:
Yeah, what would the Minecraft dude know, his game only runs like 20FPS with 200p resolution and only like 8 polygons.

:lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy:
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Detail to be used in future games.   Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:15 am

Universe wrote:

Lolwut. More like HD with last time I check, I was running it at about 120 FPS, and it runs better than that a lot. Again, I'll believe an actual game dev over a no name guy on youtube.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Detail to be used in future games.   Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 1:17 pm

Not to mention that he has a game that randomly generates worlds that are 5x bigger than our Earth, much larger than any game world ever created.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Detail to be used in future games.   Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 1:27 pm

This is a farce, it is bullcrap, sorry to inform you. Animation is damn near impossible to do with this "engine".
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Detail to be used in future games.   Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 2:00 pm

You know, John Carmack thinks this is entirely possible.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Detail to be used in future games.   Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 2:14 pm

TRF wrote:
You know, John Carmack thinks this is entirely possible.
It could be possible, however, it's not practical in it's current state.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Detail to be used in future games.   Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 2:54 pm

This is technology that won't be used till a bit further in the nex gen. Most likely earlier with pc.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Detail to be used in future games.   Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 4:27 pm

John Carmack or "Notch", such a hard choice . . . . . . who to listen too? eye roll
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Detail to be used in future games.   Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:57 pm

Fuck John Carmack, once I see this IN GAME, I will believe it.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Detail to be used in future games.   Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 7:28 am

In the last 10 years the tech hasn't improved at all. So no it won't be used next gen or even the gen after that. The amount of RAM and storage needed for this kind of tech is years away from being standard. That and animation with Voxels is impractical.

It's a scam.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-unlimited-detail

Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Detail to be used in future games.   Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 8:18 am

First Motionscan and now this unlimited detail stuff. Australia is taking over gaming tech!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Detail to be used in future games.   Unlimited Detail to be used in future games. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unlimited Detail to be used in future games.
Page 1 of 1